+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: FFXIV Surplus System. What's your take?

Default FFXIV Surplus System. What's your take?

Apparently SE has a system in place that limits the amount of experience you can get after a certain amount of play time. It appears to work like this:

You play as class A for 8 hours and get 100% xp. After that 8 hours your amount of xp is reduced to 0 at fifteen hours. This is on a one week timer.

If you wish to continue playing you have to either switch classes and start the process over again or find something else to do.

What is your take on this type of system?

Source:
    http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/11964...komoto-speaks/

Doc

dumbest idea ever. I think that about covers it

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_79 View Post
    Apparently SE has a system in place that limits the amount of experience you can get after a certain amount of play time. It appears to work like this:

You play as class A for 8 hours and get 100% xp. After that 8 hours your amount of xp is reduced to 0 at fifteen hours. This is on a one week timer.

If you wish to continue playing you have to either switch classes and start the process over again or find something else to do.

Source:
    Why would they do that?
    Those who guard nature, guard life itself. Those who defile nature bring death and destruction upon us all.

Maybe they're trying to slow leveling down to buy some time to produce more end game content? I doubt you'll find anyone who thinks this is a good idea...

What a horrible system. I can see that fopr asian gamers, since they kill themselves left and right playing MMOs, but I think it could be a nuisance to western gamers.

I don't see how this could possibly, in any way shape or form, help a game. Yes, it prolongs the amount of time it will take for the first generation of characters to hit max level, but after that point such a system becomes irrelivant. Once there are some players at max level you then have a range of players at all levels. As long as there are 'enough' at each level for dungeons and groups to be viable that's all that matters. However, since players level at different speeds these points will fluxtuate. This artificial (currently 8 hour) gain cap really doesn't alter this fact at all. There will still be players who are at differing levels, regardless of how quickly they are leveling up, because players will still invest different amounts of playtime per day/week.

I don't understand the logic on this at all other than to artificially prolong how long it takes a single player to get a single character to max level. Sounds like a twisted wording on 'we want you to pay a minimum of x monies to get to max level'.
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Ware View Post
    Maybe they're trying to slow leveling down to buy some time to produce more end game content? I doubt you'll find anyone who thinks this is a good idea...
    That's pretty much what I'm thining too.

They are spinning it as making the game more casual friendly but that just isn't a good idea and isnt' the way to do it. I don't see it being in place very long, maybe a month or two after they finish up the end game content.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_79 View Post

Source:
    I'm not playing this game, that's the last straw for this game for me lol. You would think they could get enough content in there that they don't have to do that.
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Wait wait wait wait... I'm behind on FFXiv news, haven't followed it in a while, but I could swear last I heard there weren't going to be levels at all, that it was gear-based. Did they change that? Do they have a standard leveling system now?
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    dumbest idea ever. I think that about covers it
    ^ this. I am (was) in the ffxiv beta since it started. The game has some real flaws and core designs that are astoundingly bad. This system tho from the standpoint of a person who has actually tested it, is the dumbest thing I have ever seen in a game. I just deleted my beta files and am glad of it. The game was so bad, I actually had to make myself test it and keep my obligations when i excepted its NDA and beta invite.

They also have a timer placed on Guildleves. You can only do 8 in any 48 hour period of time. After that there are craftingleves (same limit), storyline quests (which seem to be pretty short, though decent), and factionleves (these didn't seem to be up during beta, but probably on a timer as well).

So if your not into crafting, then your going to get stuck doing a lot of running around looking for mobs to grind (mobs aren't all that plentiful and seem to have a long respawn time).

I was pretty excited for FFXIV until I got to play it, but I've canceled my pre-order after playing.

AKA Shaielene as Shaie has been ninjad

Ridiculous idea if they also include that in the EU/NA version, as mentioned above in the Chinese version for example it would be understable since the law demands it and I think for example Chinese Aion also had some form of "fatigue" system to discourage players from playing for days in a row. (Of course, that Aion fatigue system wasn't present in the EU/NA version.)

If FFXIV has it present in all versions, it really makes me wonder if the game has actually so shallow amount of content that they need to artificially prevent players from progressing - seems rather suspicious if you are limited to like 15 hours of leveling time per week, especially if they still require you to pay a normal monthly fee.

no mana regen
    no pvp
    and now this... they are deliberately killing the game. I've checked the comments on massively, most of them are canceled pre-orders
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

I guess I'm the only one who likes the idea?

I only have 2 hours for myself every day. So, that's the only time I "might" be spending on an MMO. On the weekend it gets better (4-8 "possible" hours of playing sessions). So, this will guarantee that everyone will be around my level!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast