+ Reply to Thread

Thread: To our Australian Rift player friends, our prayers and sympathies

Default To our Australian Rift player friends, our prayers and sympathies

Any of you affected by the floods down there, our prayers go out to you. It is amazing to think there is an area the size of Germany and France combined that is still under water with dozens of towns flooded, some not habitable, some washed away, with roads and rails gone. MSNBC calls it the costliest ever, as bad as postwar recovery.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41034411...-asia-pacific/

It's a heartbreaking tragedy. My thoughts and prayers to them.
    Can i has fox?

Thanks guys means a lot, although I'm only in a minor flood area my sister is in Brisbane and it's pretty bad there and getting worse
    Feed a troll verbal laxatives and watch them talk crap

I hope you'll be dry by launch

Best wishes from Denmark.

// Yoc.

Thank you for your well wishes... its really intense here at the moment. I happened to go to work away from Brisbane that day but could not get back down there so am staying with Family. My girlfriends house was missed by metres and their whole suburb is isolated like a island due to the waters.

Worst part for Brisbane has passed - the cleanup will be intense. Thankfully the australian spirit and offers to help from non effected people is so great that they are having to turn peoples help down. Unfortunately there are still many cities which may share the same fate as another river which runs in a slightly different direction then the Brisbane river is about to get the same thing. I really hope that the waters do not destroy anymore towns. Our entire state is already 75% natural disaster zone.

Thanks very much for your well wishes to us. It's hard to watch tv now because every channel is covering it. I've been working in the rural communities since before new years on and off. Now it has happened in my home town (Toowoomba) and has caused so much devastation, grief, and unknowingness across the downs and lockyer valley, it's hard not to be shocked, frustrated and angered by all that has been happening these last two months. The people themselves are pretty resilient, and I'm proud of how people are facing it. I just can't take much more exposure to it. I want to hide away until it is all over and the pieces are picked up again.

You might like to know that news even of Toowoomba has made it around the world. We've seen the flooding on websites here in the U.S.. I went through a series of probably 3 dozen photos and several videos including that area. Very sad. It reminds me of the floods, ice storms, and tornadoes we have had here years back and how devastating they are. At least you know some of us care and are praying for you and your families.

Here are some good Pics for the Brissie area: http://www.smh.com.au/photogallery/e...114-19qz3.html

#20 seemed pretty typical Aussie =]
    Last edited by Kome; 01-13-2011 at 10:41 PM.

+ Reply to Thread