+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Know what sucks about being Almost 50 and 17 years old?

Default Know what sucks about being Almost 50 and 17 years old?

School.... which means I can't join a friggen raiding guild.... and I only get the weekend and I have restrictions..... God, Summer why can't you come any faster!?!?!?!
    Naetharion-Warrior of Wolfsbane
    "Basically when you're a Warrior you just look at everybody like they're a piece of Sh*t."-Gearbreaker
    Lambpasta-Mage of Wolfsbane
    "Go Squirrel Crazy!"

I raided in wow in middle school and all through high school. I graduated both and cleared all vanilla, tbc and wrath content. I'm now in college and raid in rift. You're doing it wrong.
    Last edited by Venditte; 10-03-2011 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venditte View Post
    I raided in wow in middle school and all through high school. I graduated both and cleared all vanilla, tbc and wrath content. I'm now in college and raid in rift. You're doing it wrong.
    Given my Track record concerning school, I think I'm lucky to be playing at all. LOL. You did good, you got more freedom. I did terrible, and I didn't play Wow till the middle of Wrath.
    "Basically when you're a Warrior you just look at everybody like they're a piece of Sh*t."-Gearbreaker
    "Go Squirrel Crazy!"

I understand man, I understand. I work full time and I go to school 3 nights a week. And the nights that I'm home I study. I'm lucky to get a couple of hours on Saturdays and it shows because after 6 months I've accomplished owning a couple of mid level toons, not even close to 50.

And the worst part is that I don't get a summer vacation. I get a week between Quarters. No rest for the wicked.

I nearly messed up my degree due to WoW raiding - i have 4 kids and went back to uni at age 25 to study full time and had a part time job, i really should have played less but im like a crack addict if i dont get my gaming fix.

I know how you feel but you only get one chance at your education and its important
    I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
    R50 Azama - Mage L60 R 13 Optional - Rogue L60 Sardonic - Cleric L50 Snugglepants - Warrior L50 @ Zaviel

Default dude

Quote Originally Posted by Naethir View Post
    School.... which means I can't join a friggen raiding guild.... and I only get the weekend and I have restrictions..... God, Summer why can't you come any faster!?!?!?!
    Ok first off 17 and worried about a game. Let me say one thing. Enjoy your youth. Go find a girl and discover life. You got plenty of time when you are older to worries about raiding. At the age of 40 everything slows down and you are going look back and say, why.

First thing to remember if you are a 5 in looks that as high as a person can go. But trust me. Any girl is way better than a game. Who knows with time and effort you might work your way up the ladder.

But a women is why more interesting and fun. To miss out on the prime of your life for a game is a waste of time and effort. You will never get a chance like this again and why waste it on a game.

Dang it son, you need to put some priorities on life. School for a better job, women (or male if you a girl) for some fun, and friends to go and do stuff with. You donít have to drink or do wired stuff to have fun. But you do have to go out and enjoy life. Try surfing, skiing, hell anything that involves the sun, women and fun.

At this age you should be dating, having fun and enjoy life. I have banned all internet games for all my children after age of 16. This is the time in your life that you developed social skills. Those skills will make a difference in life.

So stand up, turn round and think of the girl in your school. You be surprised how much fun they can be. If you hung on looks, good luck with that and I will say one thing. Looks does not matter, itís the person. I have dated from prom queen to social rejects. They all have some things in common. Some are just boring. Fine one that likes to have fun. Well all I can say is wow.

STOP SITTING AT COMPUTER
    A woman feels much better than a cold keyboard any day of the week

I thought this was gonna be about Benjamin Button.

RIFT Community Ambassador Laughter's Avatar

I was in High School when WoW released. Erm I was a Senior and about to Graduate but I still remember coming home doing homework as fast as possible raiding until 2AM then going to school at 7AM. :P

Quote Originally Posted by youkiddingme View Post
    Ok first off 17 and worried about a game. Let me say one thing. Enjoy your youth. Go find a girl and discover life. You got plenty of time when you are older to worries about raiding. At the age of 40 everything slows down and you are going look back and say, why.

First thing to remember if you are a 5 in looks that as high as a person can go. But trust me. Any girl is way better than a game. Who knows with time and effort you might work your way up the ladder.

But a women is why more interesting and fun. To miss out on the prime of your life for a game is a waste of time and effort. You will never get a chance like this again and why waste it on a game.

Dang it son, you need to put some priorities on life. School for a better job, women (or male if you a girl) for some fun, and friends to go and do stuff with. You donít have to drink or do wired stuff to have fun. But you do have to go out and enjoy life. Try surfing, skiing, hell anything that involves the sun, women and fun.

At this age you should be dating, having fun and enjoy life. I have banned all internet games for all my children after age of 16. This is the time in your life that you developed social skills. Those skills will make a difference in life.

So stand up, turn round and think of the girl in your school. You be surprised how much fun they can be. If you hung on looks, good luck with that and I will say one thing. Looks does not matter, itís the person. I have dated from prom queen to social rejects. They all have some things in common. Some are just boring. Fine one that likes to have fun. Well all I can say is wow.

STOP SITTING AT COMPUTER
    A woman feels much better than a cold keyboard any day of the week
    or male for male if you happen to go that way we don't judge. But yeah turn the computer off pick up a sport or some outside hobby. You don't want to be 40 and living in mommy's basement drooling over some epic game gear it's much better to drool over the hottie in bed next to you
    The only way to make sure people you agree with can speak is to support the rights of those you don't agree with
    Eleanor Holmes Norton

Plane Touched

Given my Track record concerning school, I think I'm lucky to be playing at all. LOL. You did good, you got more freedom. I did terrible, and I didn't play Wow till the middle of Wrath.
    You'd have a better track record in school if you used "they're" in your signature instead of "their."

Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
    You'd have a better track record in school if you used "they're" in your signature instead of "their."

Just sayin'.
    Hey, Don't be a Grammar and Spelling ****.

Also for the guy who says school is more important, I'm running A's and B's on my report card, and I have a wonderful Girl. But all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy no?
    "Go Squirrel Crazy!"

Plane Touched

Hey, Don't be a Grammar and Spelling ****.

Also for the guy who says school is more important, I'm running A's and B's on my report card, and I have a wonderful Girl. But all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy no?
    Heh, I was just busting your balls a little man. My apologies. Also, you totally fixed it.

As far as what people are saying here, regarding going outside, dating women, doing body shots off of strippers, hang gliding naked, curing cancer, and whatever the hell other fantasy everyone considers the correct way to live (and totally don't do themselves), I empathize with your issue.

I'd have to be cliche and suggest you live life the way you want to. If you want to play games and you can't, it's frustrating. Jokes aside I'm going to assume your "track record" is regarding attendance and attitude just like mine was when I was 17.

Also sports aren't for everyone whether physically or mentally and relationships can be just as painful as they can be rewarding, so that's overrated. The best advice I can offer is if you're a "young" gamer like I was, avoid games like MMOs. I know it's not what you want to hear but either school or your limited free-time will be consumed and you'll constantly be unsatisfied.

Unless of course you can play MMOs in moderation, in which case you'd be part of the 1% population that can.

Besides, in a few years you'll be in college or working, in which case you'll have plenty of time on your hands. So yeah, I'd go rock some Diablo 3 when it comes out and avoid scheduling raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
    Heh, I was just busting your balls a little man. My apologies. Also, you totally fixed it.

As far as what people are saying here, regarding going outside, dating women, doing body shots off of strippers, hang gliding naked, curing cancer, and whatever the hell other fantasy everyone considers the correct way to live (and totally don't do themselves), I empathize with your issue.

I'd have to be cliche and suggest you live life the way you want to. If you want to play games and you can't, it's frustrating. Jokes aside I'm going to assume your "track record" is regarding attendance and attitude just like mine was when I was 17.

Also sports aren't for everyone whether physically or mentally and relationships can be just as painful as they can be rewarding, so that's overrated. The best advice I can offer is if you're a "young" gamer like I was, avoid games like MMOs. I know it's not what you want to hear but either school or your limited free-time will be consumed and you'll constantly be unsatisfied.

Unless of course you can play MMOs in moderation, in which case you'd be part of the 1% population that can.

Besides, in a few years you'll be in college or working, in which case you'll have plenty of time on your hands. So yeah, I'd go rock some Diablo 3 when it comes out and avoid scheduling raids.

Huh it blocked Nasi(replace s with z) XD Moderation is good, but more often than not my brain is melted and I wanna play Allll daaaay. Thats rarely though. I am in school for 6 hours. and I don't do sports anymore. Something keeps getting snatched out on both arms, it might be a muscle pull.
    "Go Squirrel Crazy!"

Telaran

yeah sucks when you go to school and play mmos

luckily for me WOW came out when i started to work so i didn't had problems with it
    only bad thing was i had low amount of vacation :P

but that's behind me now...new job now with more free time after work and more vacation time

Champion

Hopefully somewhere along the line you'll learn what your priorities should be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast