+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: some great single playing roleplaying games

Default some great single playing roleplaying games

keep your eyes open for this one. my boyfriend says is gonna be amazing. i read the books and is just great.

is called the witcher 2 assasin of kings, a sequel of the first ones that was done years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YK5vHRO6MU

if you check in their official site, they have some incredible leaked vids, breath taken and they are only in an alpha stage.

if you haven't read the books i suggest you to do it, because you gonna love them.

I love the witcher lore, I've been a blade fan all my life but when I played the first witcher game I was hooked, from that point on I started following the lore.

Regards,
    Kalbuir

i loved the story in Divine Divinity
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

Witcher was a real good game, played it lots and still do sometimes, from the video of witcher 2 it looks to be great, maybe better than dragonage, but gonna be hard to beat the character interaction with those messed up people, think I ran each one of them off at least once, except that elf assassin and dwarf, never wanted to run them off just to listen to them insult each other

I love rpg but for the last years rpgs are being static without almost action its almost everything turn-based/auto-attack, so i prefer more hybrid rpgs such as Mass effect 2.
    And Ofc the only truly rpg im wating for is the all mighty Diablo 3
    Last edited by Kyuso; 08-25-2010 at 06:56 PM.

there is another neat one called Drakensang. it has a nice story and i found the world, graphics to be colorful and lush.

masseffect 2 was fun but i felt the first one was better .

There are several genres inside the "Role Playing" games genre.

You got some games that add very little role playing tools for you to "role play" but emphasize on the Action (these games are the majority of what's so called RPGs now a days). There are games which add some Role Playing elements but still action packed. There are games that are more sand boxy than role playing (but definitely more role playing than the action "rpgs").

I think with all this technology we have, we should at least find a game that goes back to the root and set you in a world where you ROLE PLAY your character. I think a first person is a must for that feeling then adding many other elements like Languages, Faction Alignment, and a complete interactive world.

Read Dead Redemption is not published as an RPG but I think it is more about Role Playing (for me) than, say, Diablo. You get a room to sleep in, you are free to roam the world (little sand boxiness but not too much), you can decide on your actions (good or bad), hunting, shooting, skinning, having a job, rubbing a train, bounty hunting and of course gambling!

Quote Originally Posted by Nadya3 View Post
    there is another neat one called Drakensang. it has a nice story and i found the world, graphics to be colorful and lush.

masseffect 2 was fun but i felt the first one was better .
    i have to agree, mass effect 1 had maybe the best storyline ever put in a video game
    from begging to the end i felt like a watched an oscar winning film
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

Quote Originally Posted by g0kuenuan View Post
    i have to agree, mass effect 1 had maybe the best storyline ever put in a video game
    from begging to the end i felt like a watched an oscar winning film
    i think the problem with masseffect 2 was that bioware decided to tone down the rating a bit.

oh dragon age was good and there are many mods for it, but lately i just find it boring no matter if you play different races. there is a new expansion coming up for it .

if you haven't tried drakensang give it a try. you can buy it cheap and will keep you entertained for many hours.

i will definetly rush to buy the next the witcher2 though cause i loved the first one. and dont forget the books

Quote Originally Posted by Nadya3 View Post
    i think the problem with masseffect 2 was that bioware decided to tone down the rating a bit.

oh dragon age was good and there are many mods for it, but lately i just find it boring no matter if you play different races. there is a new expansion coming up for it .

if you haven't tried drakensang give it a try. you can buy it cheap and will keep you entertained for many hours.

i will definetly rush to buy the next the witcher2 though cause i loved the first one. and dont forget the books
    im gonna give drakensang a try soon as i finish MAFIA 2 on HARD MODE (finished it on Normal, gotta finish it on hard aswell :P )

Wow, this game does look good! Will keep an eye on it! As for Mass Effect 1, that game is bloody briliant. It sucks you in, and its literally impossible to tell how much time you spend playing it!
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

There is also some nice The Witcher 2 cam footage from GamesCom at http://www.gametrailers.com/game/the...ssins-of/12906, which has couple developers giving a presentation regarding whats new in the game and what things have changed compared to the first title. Along with a good bit of ingame footage as well, there might be a thing or two that could be considered as minor spoilers though.

Definitely looking forward to the sequel, as the first one was one of my favourite rpg's in past few years.

Shadowlander

Deus Ex, where rpg met cyberpunks, champion of the early 2000s.

Every time you mention the game someone reinstalls it.

Not really a single player rpg, but a good game none-the-less. If you like puzzle/side scroller/platform games and the sorts I think you will enjoy this. Relaxing and a fun to pass the down time with.

TRINE: http://trine-thegame.com/site/

Quote Originally Posted by AyameArai View Post
    There is also some nice The Witcher 2 cam footage from GamesCom at http://www.gametrailers.com/game/the...ssins-of/12906, which has couple developers giving a presentation regarding whats new in the game and what things have changed compared to the first title. Along with a good bit of ingame footage as well, there might be a thing or two that could be considered as minor spoilers though.

Definitely looking forward to the sequel, as the first one was one of my favourite rpg's in past few years.
    The biggest problem i had with the witcher was being locked in one area, at least with dragon age i could move around the map somewhat, hopefully witcher 2 will not be like witcher in that aspect

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast