+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Minecraft update discussion

Default Minecraft update discussion

For those of us who enjoy and are playing Minecraft, how do you all like the latest update and what have you seen so far?

We got our server back up and running the other day. I was spending some time building up my North wall when it got dark and I got to see the Enderman's. They keep transporting random dirt blocks up on my wall and leaving them there.

Don't much care for the whole gotta eat thing.

I was looking at a map of another server that my little bro is playing on and I couldn't help but notice a bunch of really oddly shaped buildings every where. It almost looked like pathways where making a X or swastika (over head view google map style). I'm going to ask my brother if that was anything that anyone else built but if I'm correct those are the new NPC towns that Notch was talking about.

Also can anyone confirm if Torches go out now and if there is a recipe to make Lanterns?

And since I'm in crafting does anyone know what to do with Ender Pearls and rotten flesh. I stuck the flesh in the forge/oven but it didn't turn into a cooked porkchop.

What stories does anyone else have?

whats the update?

The recent Explorers pack. Notch basically introduced Dungeons, NPC villages, and a monster that is even worse than a damn creeper, and that is saying something considering how ninja creepers are. We also have experience bars and a food bar. Not sure what happens when you gain a level yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassiel of harrow View Post
    The recent Explorers pack. Notch basically introduced Dungeons, NPC villages, and a monster that is even worse than a damn creeper, and that is saying something considering how ninja creepers are. We also have experience bars and a food bar. Not sure what happens when you gain a level yet.
    is the game like a World or something? explain this game to me please. I only played the Android mimic version.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

The best short description I've ever seen:

First person legos.

You get to build stuff, dig stuff, and so on. Monsters are optional but are part of the default game mode.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post

First person legos.

You get to build stuff, dig stuff, and so on. Monsters are optional but are part of the default game mode.
    so whats the competition?

Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    Whatever you make it.

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

I've decided to put minecraft on hold until the final release in November there's so many new things being added I can't help but to feel a bit overwhelmed. So I figure come November I will start over.

Have had some encounters with endermen that made me scream though. They're seriously scary.
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    It's not a competitive game to begin with.

Like I said: First-person Lego.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

RIFT Community Ambassador Laughter's Avatar

First person legos.

I <3 Legos.

It's not a competitive game to begin with.

Like I said: First-person Lego.
    a lot of groups run pvp servers where they hide treasure chest in secret rooms, many of their homes are underground to avoid detection, and they booby trap the hell out of their place. Pistons have certainly added another dimension to how traps are set, not to mention the endless possibilities of secret doors.

Anyways people usually set some ground rules like you can't just mine through another players wall or add blocks of your own on enemy turf to reach a point and the goal is to try to sneak in and steal their hard earned loot like the gold or metal. Or just to simply kill them

+ Reply to Thread