+ Reply to Thread

Thread: please do us all a favor

Default please do us all a favor

How do you say this sounding like a nut? You see I was trolling through this dungeon when this shinny purple caught me eye. I ran to it and grab it and lo and behold it was a tanking item. I dance with such glee.

The evil rogue and mean looking warrior glared at me with such malevolence. That it caused me to freeze. Yet the shiny was to powerful for me.

The group I was with got mad at me. They kicked from the group and said I was a bad tank. The warden who could not heal had express such disbelief that I dare pick the shining purple. He ranted and hollered that it did not belong to me. The shiny purples were the reason they got mad. As it was surely need by the under geared he.

It seems their friend wanted that item and would not let some new body take things form him. Nope, despite him being dps. It belongs to him. Oh how sad it is that a shinny little purple has caused such misery on me.

But wait a shiny new portal was up in no time. A new group waited for me. They were nice and fun and even let me have shiny purple things and all life was good.

So all the meanest of them I say to thee: SUCK IT FROM ME

Rift Master

i geared really fast in T1's and even faster in T2's. i'm not sure what issues these people had with your tanking because you kinda hazed over that part. I've been called a bad tank i've been called an amazing tank. but like any role of class i'm not perfect nor do i care what ANYBODY in a PuG thinks of me. Its down right ******ed that dps rogues,warriors, and even clerics que in to T1's to gear as dps but yet think its cool to ninja a tank item that the tank could use right at that moment.
    It does rarely happen in Rift but was a constant struggle on WoW. Something for Trion to fix? Perhaps. But for now just play it smart and know if you get VTK'd as a tank you que is almost always near insta que, I've Voted bad dps out for taking to long on a boss fight and I've been voted out because i made a bad pull. But either way I build a tank set super fast coming straight from leveling dungeons and even built a super awesome dps set just as fast from not having any extra plate wearers in my group. Tanks pown in every mmo that's why i learn to tank well and level as a tank.

Telaran

this thread is surprisingly on topic
    Faeblight Defiant Eth Mage Quay

Rift Master

So how about those new mmo trailers?

now its off topic... lawlz
    Last edited by Tatersaladin; 10-03-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatersaladin View Post
    i geared really fast in T1's and even faster in T2's. i'm not sure what issues these people had with your tanking because you kinda hazed over that part. I've been called a bad tank i've been called an amazing tank. but like any role of class i'm not perfect nor do i care what ANYBODY in a PuG thinks of me. Its down right ******ed that dps rogues,warriors, and even clerics que in to T1's to gear as dps but yet think its cool to ninja a tank item that the tank could use right at that moment.
    It does rarely happen in Rift but was a constant struggle on WoW. Something for Trion to fix? Perhaps. But for now just play it smart and know if you get VTK'd as a tank you que is almost always near insta que, I've Voted bad dps out for taking to long on a boss fight and I've been voted out because i made a bad pull. But either way I build a tank set super fast coming straight from leveling dungeons and even built a super awesome dps set just as fast from not having any extra plate wearers in my group. Tanks pown in every mmo that's why i learn to tank well and level as a tank.

The all mighty heals throwing life left and right. Was swing through the instant with a carefree glee? He stops and smells the flowers. All the while the powerful ogre swing its hammer.

With such a glee in his eye and twitch in his nose as he sit there as fire rained down on him, He cheerful went down in blazing fire. As the bold and mighty tank keep him form the evil group.

The evil support tank just sit there blasted as the mighty rogue stealth in the corner. It was with the might of the mage and the bold of the knight did the mighty giant go down in a blaze of might.

The mage look at the bold knight and said unto thee. Why the hell are we with thee? They stomp and jump with addend glee. Yet, you save thee o and gave naÔf thought. We need to flee from those goblins. As they are dumb as bunch of rocks and thatís saying it kindly. The mage with a Wisk disappeared from me. With the parting words, why thou shale they stay with thee.

They will bring down you fall. They are dumb as rocks. Who cares about this as I am out of it? Good luck to thee and have a found farewell.

Ok, I will dumb it down,

1. I rolled need on tanking item.
    2. Dps rolled need on tank itemí
    3. I won tank item
    4. group got mad at me
    5. Says that dps deserves tank item
    6. mage left cause healer died on each boss in the first 2 sec and sec under 1 sec
    7. they called me a bad tank cause heal refused to move out of aoe
    8. Group got mad at me because I claimed a tank item again and won this time
    9. group suck
    10. I was kicked and they laughed at me
    11. I got a team again in under 5 sec
    12. so I tell them to suck it
    13. there its dumb down. Way to ruin fun

Ascendant

You sound pretty nut.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by youkiddingme View Post
    Ok, I will dumb it down...
    That is not possible.

In this t2 the other day this otherwise bad *** tank totally ninja'd a mage ring from me and i was the only caster in the group.

I'm sure he must have needed the 25-50g it would later vendor for as much as I needed the mere +5-6 focus, 1-2 int, 1-2 wis upgrade it would have given me... not enough to need roll on it... but I dont go around rolling on anything I can't use. Aside from later in that instance when I need rolled the staff that dropped that I already had equipped because It was 1.78p vendor.

o yeah.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

+ Reply to Thread