+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Why Swtor will sure be an epic fail...

Rift Master

Default Why Swtor will sure be an epic fail...

1. it is a syfi game. No syfi game has ever hung around for long.

2. Voice Over. This is not needed to make a solid mmo in any world and it takes players more out of the game than the "Cool factor" Bioware is trying to offer with it. Trust me this is not a big deal for a game to have.

3. bad graphix. Its the year 2011 about to be 2012 and the game is a futuristic space movie. How the heck do you build a space mmo and tone down the graphix? Seriously this game looks like it should be played on a Playstation 1. With many games coming out people are always going to flock to the better looking games.

4. No ewoks...wah? Yeap the're pretty much not in the game, but i don't care. I'd just wanna punt one like their some kind of furry Gnome.

5. EA has rights to the game, and Bioware made the game. Both these companies together have bastardized the poor Star Wars franchise with this failure of a cheap knock of a MMO.

Please feel free to list your on reasons why you know that Swtor will be a totally epic failure. I'd love to him and the general public has a right to know how bad this game is really going to be.
    Last edited by Tatersaladin; 10-02-2011 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatersaladin View Post
    EVE Online says otherwise.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by DoozerJun View Post
    EVE Online says otherwise.
    you call Eve successful? lol ok. Eve had a small population, and never amounted to much, but if u wanna call small games successful by all means. Kinda makes you wonder what else you consider big but actually small in comparison.

you call Eve successful? lol ok. Eve had a small population, and never amounted to much, but if u wanna call small games successful by all means. Kinda makes you wonder what else you consider big but actually small in comparison.
    Man I wish my never amounting to much equaled that of CCP. I'd be living on easy street instead of living on the street for a number of years.

Nice scapegoat though. Eve Online Currently has 325K players which is only about 160K less than Rift has currently, and they do it all on one server which to my knowledge only one other game has that. Our pvp battles are a drop in the bucket compared to the 300v300 you can see. And I know you don't see 1000+ players when you head to Sanctum.

325K is right at the low end of the average for a MMO, but seeing how it appears that you know all about population numbers I would have assumed that you knew that already. Once Dust451 comes out, that number is sure to go up even more.

Never amounting to much, that is a ****ing joke. The game is designed to put more control of what the player does in the players hand, rather than lead them around like cattle from one questgiver to the next, so if you don't find much amounted from it well then that's a personal problem. The game has been out for 8 years, all expansions are free. The biggest complaint that I could see is that not everyone wants to be a spaceship but even that is changing right now as we speak.

Thanks for the laugh there Donald Trump.

2. Voice Over. This is not needed to make a solid mmo in any world and it takes players more out of the game than the "Cool factor" Bioware is trying to offer with it. Trust me this is not a big deal for a game to have.

3. bad graphix. Its the year 2011 about to be 2012 and the game is a futuristic space movie. How the heck do you build a space mmo and tone down the graphix? Seriously this game looks like it should be played on a Playstation 1. With many games coming out people are always going to flock to the better looking games.

4. No ewoks...wah? Yeap the're pretty much not in the game, but i don't care. I'd just wanna punt one like their some kind of furry Gnome.

5. EA has rights to the game, and Bioware made the game. Both these companies together have bastardized the poor Star Wars franchise with this failure of a cheap knock of a MMO.

Please feel free to list your on reasons why you know that Swtor will be a totally epic failure. I'd love to him and the general public has a right to know how bad this game is really going to be.
    Does this mean you aren't pre-ordering SWTOR?
    I live my life with bold enthusiasm tempered by the hope that when I die it won't be reported in News of the Weird or the Darwin Awards.

Visit the scenic Isle of Langerhans dimension, Faeblight server.

you call 300k + sub a fail...lol.

This post fails.
    Hoss

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Usually, people view a game as "successful" when the company making it is profitable and continues to pay salaries and make money for investors. EVE's been profitable for quite a while, and is still profitable now. Sounds like they win!
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Shadowlander

Somebody has never seen the graphics on the playstation 1. Also, Eve was and still is massively popular and one of the most succesful MMO's in history. Certaintly up there with Everquest and World of Warcraft in terms of relevance to PC gaming and the MMO type genre.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 10-02-2011 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Usually, people view a game as "successful" when the company making it is profitable and continues to pay salaries and make money for investors. EVE's been profitable for quite a while, and is still profitable now. Sounds like they win!
    warhammer fit that right?

General of Telara

2 million pre-orders, yup epic fail
    Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Many have quitted, they are lost almost half of the servers they started. I hop in next MMO for sure. Rift is awesome game but PVP is just crap.
    Lol really now?

Quote Originally Posted by Mongus View Post
    Got a link to that claim?

Quote Originally Posted by Mongus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassiel of harrow View Post
    Got a link to that claim?
    I think I found one. Looks like somebody may have added a zero to their claim. If you feel this is in error please correct.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cassiel of harrow View Post
    I think I found one. Looks like somebody may have added a zero to their claim. If you feel this is in error please correct.
    200k in the first week back in July is not incompatible with 2M total by now.

I don't much care either way; I would expect ToR to do decently in the market, I'm just not interested in playing it.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Shadowlander

If they continued with the trend of 200k per 5 days starting from the end of june, by the end of august they would be at 2 million. I'm not saying it continued at that rate and I very much doubt it did, but I would not be that surprised on the 2million number by october(now) based on the popularity and the fact that it sold out in so many places so quickly.

Even so, I doubt it did sell anywhere near that, it certaintly will be popular at release though. I don't understand why people have to hate on it so much and make such a fuss, if you don't like it then you don't have to buy it, you need not even know of its existance.. Why does it make you so mad and interest you so much that you would make a thread about it?
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 10-02-2011 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    If they continued with the trend of 200k per 5 days starting from the end of june, by the end of august they would be at 2 million. I'm not saying it continued at that rate and I very much doubt it did, but I would not be that surprised on the 2million number by october(now) based on the popularity and the fact that it sold out in so many places so quickly.

Even so, I doubt it did sell anywhere near that, it certaintly will be popular at release though. I don't understand why people have to hate on it so much and make such a fuss, if you don't like it then you don't have to buy it, you need not even know of its existance.. Why does it make you so mad and interest you so much that you would make a thread about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs
    200k in the first week back in July is not incompatible with 2M total by now.

I don't much care either way; I would expect ToR to do decently in the market, I'm just not interested in playing it.

Both points may be true but I have to ask how a forum poster got his numbers when the company itself isn't even telling other than that initial sales brief. Not even those on the TOR forums know the true number. My only conclusion is that the statement was either made under the assumption that the initial weekend carried out would equal 2 million if you took out the projected drop rate after the initial rush, or he simply is parroting a number he read somewhere else thinking its true, or he pulled it out of a well known dark place.

And I'm not discrediting TOR by assuming claims that they won't have a huge turnout. I already noted in one of the other pointless threads created here that I believe they can hit the 800K mark and then see a natural drop off after that. To me a 200K initial sale with up to 400K more over the next 2 months, and another 2-300K after the game goes live sounds a lot more plausible than a number that surpasses overall sales of 3 of EA's top selling games.

Personally I don't really care about the game either, but it's still fun to mock the cattle.
    Last edited by Cassiel of harrow; 10-02-2011 at 06:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast