+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: I want a game world like WoW has but in Rift

Default I want a game world like WoW has but in Rift

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6fYh4zYsPs

check out that game world. amazing!

can something like this be brought over to Rift?

Ascendant

Go Away

empty dead world is dead and empty

RIft is RIft

WoW is =====> that way

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour View Post
    Go Away

empty dead world is dead and empty

RIft is RIft

WoW is =====> that way
    sounds like the aged old "GO BACK TO WOW" but with a little pinch of cheese on top.
    curious why that upsets you. nothing bad about adding some of that similar style.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Sure there is -- it would clash. Not all styles can just be randomly thrown together. I like WoW's world style just fine, and I like RIFT's just fine -- but I wouldn't want to mix them.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Sure there is -- it would clash. Not all styles can just be randomly thrown together. I like WoW's world style just fine, and I like RIFT's just fine -- but I wouldn't want to mix them.
    Very true, the styles would clash, but I would like RIFT to have a world as big as the one in WoW.
    I live my life with bold enthusiasm tempered by the hope that when I die it won't be reported in News of the Weird or the Darwin Awards.

Visit the scenic Isle of Langerhans dimension, Faeblight server.

Yes, I wouldn't want to mix them either. I quit WoW some time ago. I enjoy Rift. If Rift became more like WoW, I'd be a sad undead panda.
    http://meeki.net/images/sketch/rift/forumsig.png

RIFT Community Ambassador Laughter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meeki View Post
    Yes, I wouldn't want to mix them either. I quit WoW some time ago. I enjoy Rift. If Rift became more like WoW, I'd be a sad undead panda.
    Sad undead panda. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    Very true, the styles would clash, but I would like RIFT to have a world as big as the one in WoW.
    Bigger, by a fair margin. Look at the sizes of the zones, then look at the amount of the world map they cover. The parts of Telara we've seen so far are a small portion of one continent. As time goes on they'll expand into more of those territories.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Bigger, by a fair margin. Look at the sizes of the zones, then look at the amount of the world map they cover. The parts of Telara we've seen so far are a small portion of one continent. As time goes on they'll expand into more of those territories.
    Not really, WoW had a lot more zones, even at launch. In WoW I could level 4 characters to level 40 without crossing over ground I had already covered (this was 2 horde and 2 alliance) and two of them up to level 60 in different zones. Here, I have one zone path to follow for each faction. Of course, I am a quester and explorer, so that sort of thing is probably more important to me than someone who is in it for the end game raiding and such.

What I want in a RIFT expansion is a whole new set of zones for going from level 1 to 50+.
    I live my life with bold enthusiasm tempered by the hope that when I die it won't be reported in News of the Weird or the Darwin Awards.

What I want in a RIFT expansion is a whole new set of zones for going from level 1 to 50+.
    Next year, maybe end of 1st quarter.

Can't see one coming out before then due to many factors, none of them in Trion's favor. Dungeon patches (and events) will probably be the main diet to RIFT for the foreseeable future, which seems to suit some fans of the game just fine so that's fine.
    Last edited by Laughingstock; 10-01-2011 at 12:24 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

Not really, WoW had a lot more zones, even at launch. In WoW I could level 4 characters to level 40 without crossing over ground I had already covered (this was 2 horde and 2 alliance) and two of them up to level 60 in different zones. Here, I have one zone path to follow for each faction. Of course, I am a quester and explorer, so that sort of thing is probably more important to me than someone who is in it for the end game raiding and such.

WoW's zones are kind of like sneezes. Really short o.o I returned to WoW for a few hours during a "we gief you time you come back now k?"-thingy, and I was baffled at how small Elwynn forest feels.
    Overall, yes, WoW's world (including expansions) feels bigger but I am sure that Telara will be just as big.

As for the art styles, I'd get some kind of weird allergic rash from seeing the art styles clash. I wasn't too fond of WoW's cartoony way of looking even when I played the game, and I absolutely love how I can keep on being amazed over the level of detail in the characters in Rift, and the general world. Also, Rift allows you to climb mountains, before flying in WoW you could only very rarely do that.
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

Not really, WoW had a lot more zones, even at launch.
    What has that got to do with what I said?

WoW's lot more zones were the two major continents of their world. What we've seen of Telara so far is a tiny portion of one continent. I'm not saying there's more zones now; I'm saying that the maps of the world we've seen show a lot more unexplored territory than explored.

(... though looking around, I may be wrong. My recollection was that the stuff we've seen was basically a peninsula on one part of a larger continent, but now that I go looking, I can't find the map I remember.)

What has that got to do with what I said?

WoW's lot more zones were the two major continents of their world. What we've seen of Telara so far is a tiny portion of one continent. I'm not saying there's more zones now; I'm saying that the maps of the world we've seen show a lot more unexplored territory than explored.

(... though looking around, I may be wrong. My recollection was that the stuff we've seen was basically a peninsula on one part of a larger continent, but now that I go looking, I can't find the map I remember.)
    I have never seen a map for any more than the continent we are one, but I never looked for one either.

Sure, maybe the zones in RIFT make a world as large as in WoW, but my point wasn't about physical size so much as area for content, as I said earlier, RIFT only has two level paths where WoW had more. WoW has more content for levelling up and I wish RIFT had as much. That was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6fYh4zYsPs

check out that game world. amazing!

can something like this be brought over to Rift?
    The one think I want for rift. More zones, and more interesting zones :P Oh and music to go along with those zones. But im sure all that will come with time.
    Last edited by Muffinmans; 10-01-2011 at 08:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    As for folks calling me a carebear, I've got 99 problems and being a carebear ain't one son. I've done far more than my share of virtual murder over the years. I've been part of alliances that have so heavily destabilized server balance in games that the other sides ceased to log in due to being so massively dominated.

I have never seen a map for any more than the continent we are one, but I never looked for one either.

Sure, maybe the zones in RIFT make a world as large as in WoW, but my point wasn't about physical size so much as area for content, as I said earlier, RIFT only has two level paths where WoW had more. WoW has more content for levelling up and I wish RIFT had as much. That was my point.
    Right. And I don't dispute that -- I just think that there is going to be a lot of expanding into that space, and they've provided plenty of space to do it.

Right now, RIFT's world is smaller than WoW's. Five years from now, I wouldn't be surprised if it were bigger than WoW's is now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast