+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SWTOR; Companions take up group slot (Party size is 4) smh

Default SWTOR; Companions take up group slot (Party size is 4) smh

I am just finding this detail out. the max party size is 4, yet the NPC companions can take up a slot.

this is making me think of GW1. Why group with anybody if all dungeons can scale to be played solo, or use NPC party member? especially with such a small max group size.

hey do that game require Tanks like other trinity games?

Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    I am just finding this detail out. the max party size is 4, yet the NPC companions can take up a slot.

this is making me think of GW1. Why group with anybody if all dungeons can scale to be played solo, or use NPC party member? especially with such a small max group size.

That's not the half of it. Companions require the same gear players do, and if their gear level isn't up to snuff they can die. Permanently.

So yeah, you gotta grind several times over for gear for your character and your companions. It's like EA gets off on hammering nails into SWTOR's coffin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock
    SWTOR will hit a big enough audience on it's own to be successful. Know why? Because Star Wars has fanbois just like you: that would buy anything that says SW on the box that know nothing about Bioware.
    When defending something, the best course of action is not to admit the only thing going for it is blind devotion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptFailure View Post
    That's not the half of it. Companions require the same gear players do, and if their gear level isn't up to snuff they can die. Permanently.

So yeah, you gotta grind several times over for gear for your character and your companions. It's like EA gets off on hammering nails into SWTOR's coffin.
    WTF
    they die Permanently? you sure? do they get rez and reborn somehow?
    are there a limited amount of them?

WTF
    Not sure, I just think it's absurd they're artificially extending the gear grind by making you grind gear for your companions as well.
    SWTOR will hit a big enough audience on it's own to be successful. Know why? Because Star Wars has fanbois just like you: that would buy anything that says SW on the box that know nothing about Bioware.
    When defending something, the best course of action is not to admit the only thing going for it is blind devotion.

WTF
    No. They don't die permantely, lol.

Anyone claiming to have played the beta should be able to answer that already instead of "not sure" and "I think". I haven't played the beta but even I know they don't die permanently

There are over 40+ companions, you get quite a bit to choose from. In fact, let me put a certain person on ignore so I don't have to read ridiculous lies about them having "seen" the beta, but unable to answer basic questions.
    Last edited by Jakranka; 09-30-2011 at 04:45 PM. Reason: replaced "moron" with "person"

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock View Post
    No. They don't die permantely, lol.

Anyone claiming to have played the beta should be able to answer that already instead of "not sure" and "I think". I haven't played the beta but even I know they don't die permanently

There are over 40+ companions, you get quite a bit to choose from. In fact, let me put a certain person on ignore so I don't have to read ridiculous lies about them having "seen" the beta, but unable to answer basic questions.
    so players can customize them so players on the server dont all have same looking companions right?

also what are the critics saying about that game?
    Last edited by Jakranka; 09-30-2011 at 04:45 PM.

Thanks Laughingstock, didn't know there was an ignore function. Now the wait for your account to run out will be a little more bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by tro44
    Aside from IGN who are on EA's payroll most game critics have found SWTOR criminally boring.

You group with people because you have friends, unless you are a loser who lacks the basic social skills to make friends in the first place. One would think this would be intuitively obvious.
    I live my life with bold enthusiasm tempered by the hope that when I die it won't be reported in News of the Weird or the Darwin Awards.

Visit the scenic Isle of Langerhans dimension, Faeblight server.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptFailure View Post
    Thanks Laughingstock, didn't know there was an ignore function. Now the wait for your account to run out will be a little more bearable.

Aside from IGN who are on EA's payroll most game critics have found SWTOR criminally boring.
    link me these reviews please

link me these reviews please
    http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/20...blic-preview/1

so players can customize them so players on the server dont all have same looking companions right?
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/09/30/th...ublic-preview/

Quote Originally Posted by PCgamer 9-30-2011
    The smuggler includes a recuperation ability that lets him recover health and action points in a very short space of time. And, finally, companion characters can be sent back to town to sell any junk items – like Torchlight’s pet cats and dogs.

Traditionally, MMO questing is a singleplayer experience, but it gets better, and faster, if you do it in pairs. Playing in a pair means you can take on more mobs, and cruise through more quests, faster. Two organised players seem to complete quests at triple the clip of a solo player. TOR’s solution: give every player a pet AI to quest alongside.

The smuggler’s first companion is a long-range sniper – but he can equip the same weapons and armour that you wear or use. In cutscenes, he’ll offer comments, and the conversations you’ll have bounce between the target, your companion, and your player character.
    Anything else you want to find, you can look it up for yourself.

The info about companions is all around. I wouldn't ask people like Failure though.. they don't really seem to know much other than "If they only know what I know.. yuk yuk" then proceed to give you false and vague info.

Just like for RIFT, you can find things on your own and make up your own mind as any gamer should.
    Last edited by Laughingstock; 09-30-2011 at 08:36 PM.

I am looking forward to SWTOR but come on, PCGamer? They are about as compromised as you can get for a sell out review site.

There will be good reviews and bad reviews, but I will form my own opinion after I play in the publicity beta.
    I live my life with bold enthusiasm tempered by the hope that when I die it won't be reported in News of the Weird or the Darwin Awards.

Visit the scenic Isle of Langerhans dimension, Faeblight server.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    I am looking forward to SWTOR but come on, PCGamer? They are about as compromised as you can get for a sell out review site.

There will be good reviews and bad reviews, but I will form my own opinion after I play in the publicity beta.
    PC Gamer gave RIFT a 85 review. PC Gamer RIFT review. I'm sure the fanbois here wouldn't argue with that rating so..

Quote Originally Posted by PC Gamer RIFT review
    "Absolutely colossal, Rift aims high and hits its mark, proving that there’s room to grow within the traditional MMO format."
    Not sure how it could be okay and dandy for one game and totally unreliable for another. But we agree; people will have to make up their OWN minds, not listen to anyone. I'm sure you played RIFT beta as well as I did and then bought a six month sub based on that too. So.. there ya go.
    Last edited by Laughingstock; 09-30-2011 at 09:04 PM.

Ascendant

Gears can be broken, theres thing called durability. In my opinion that how they made basically never-ending-gear-grind. One question is IF you run out of money and you cant fix your gears, what you going to do? so obviously they are going to sell some in-game money too, so this how they took over gold sellers business. Yeah, EA wants gold sellers money, and TW just banned them. So different companies works. EA is one greedy MF.
    Last edited by June; 09-30-2011 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    EA is one greedy MF.
    News Flash: Corporate company likes money. Film at 11.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast