+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: What happen to the show "Scammed" on History channel?

  1. #1
    Ascendant tro44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,999

    Default What happen to the show "Scammed" on History channel?

    I saw it a few weeks ago. what happen to this show?

  2. #2
    Sword of Telara Palvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    848

    Default

    Was it a regular show, or were only a couple episodes made?

    I don't generally watch much TV, but I did catch that one a couple of times (sort of, I had the TV on while doing other stuff).

    If it was intended to be a regular show, I'm guessing that they may have come up against some legal issues.

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser CaptFailure's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    350

    Default

    What I'm wondering is: What happened to the History Channel?

    Last time I watched it was nothing but Pawn Stars and shows about "ancient aliens" and 2012 apocalypse theories. Not a damn thing about...ya know, history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock
    SWTOR will hit a big enough audience on it's own to be successful. Know why? Because Star Wars has fanbois just like you: that would buy anything that says SW on the box that know nothing about Bioware.
    When defending something, the best course of action is not to admit the only thing going for it is blind devotion.

  4. #4
    Ascendant tro44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptFailure View Post
    What I'm wondering is: What happened to the History Channel?

    Last time I watched it was nothing but Pawn Stars and shows about "ancient aliens" and 2012 apocalypse theories. Not a damn thing about...ya know, history.
    actually that is history. look of the definition of history. sad thing is pawnstars fit it.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser CaptFailure's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    actually that is history. look of the definition of history. sad thing is pawnstars fit it.
    Lieing about aliens and prophecies for ratings is not history, I'm afraid. Pawn Stars barely fits if only because of the items they bring in, but it's still not proper programming for the network.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock
    SWTOR will hit a big enough audience on it's own to be successful. Know why? Because Star Wars has fanbois just like you: that would buy anything that says SW on the box that know nothing about Bioware.
    When defending something, the best course of action is not to admit the only thing going for it is blind devotion.

  6. #6
    Ascendant tro44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptFailure View Post
    Lieing about aliens and prophecies for ratings is not history, I'm afraid. Pawn Stars barely fits if only because of the items they bring in, but it's still not proper programming for the network.
    history is the written record of past and present events.

    how does Ancient Aliens not fit that, as well as pawnstars?

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser CaptFailure's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    history is the written record of past and present events.

    how does Ancient Aliens not fit that, as well as pawnstars?
    Because aliens did not come down to earth and "uplift" ancient humans. Period. If you suggested that to proper historians they'd rightly laugh at you.
    Last edited by CaptFailure; 09-29-2011 at 08:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock
    SWTOR will hit a big enough audience on it's own to be successful. Know why? Because Star Wars has fanbois just like you: that would buy anything that says SW on the box that know nothing about Bioware.
    When defending something, the best course of action is not to admit the only thing going for it is blind devotion.

  8. #8
    Sword of Telara Palvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptFailure View Post
    Because aliens did not come down to earth and "uplift" ancient humans. Period. If you suggested that to proper historians they'd rightly laugh at you.
    Oh, goodness. I' ve caught that show a few times, and I have to say that some of the things they say on it are absolutely ludicrous. They keep talking about extraterrestrial visitations as fact, as if there is absolutely no other explanation for some of the things they are showing (like lines gouged in the ground), and then go on to hypothesize as to why these ETs did these things? Are giant lines gouged in the ground somehow less fascinating if you accept that ancient people actually gouged the lines, and speculate on why they did that?

    I didn't realize that it was a History channel show. That makes it even worse.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Melliya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Well....my logic is the show was about scamming, so it was teaching people how to scam!!

    Therefore, it's off the air and I am a genius.

  10. #10
    Champion Cassiel of harrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptFailure View Post
    What I'm wondering is: What happened to the History Channel?

    Last time I watched it was nothing but Pawn Stars and shows about "ancient aliens" and 2012 apocalypse theories. Not a damn thing about...ya know, history.
    Same thing with scifi and one other station I used to watch. It seemed that just about the same time they all went MTV on us and started airing stuff that have nothing to do with their station.

    Seriously, if I wanted to watch a bunch of people work in a pawn shop all day I'd just go to the one down the road from me.

  11. #11
    Ascendant tro44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palvy View Post
    Oh, goodness. I' ve caught that show a few times, and I have to say that some of the things they say on it are absolutely ludicrous. They keep talking about extraterrestrial visitations as fact, as if there is absolutely no other explanation for some of the things they are showing (like lines gouged in the ground), and then go on to hypothesize as to why these ETs did these things? Are giant lines gouged in the ground somehow less fascinating if you accept that ancient people actually gouged the lines, and speculate on why they did that?

    I didn't realize that it was a History channel show. That makes it even worse.
    I guess its not ok to call something history when speculated to not be related to religion, but when Jewish rooted religion is mentioned, people take it for historical facts.

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser Ruprect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palvy View Post
    Oh, goodness. I' ve caught that show a few times, and I have to say that some of the things they say on it are absolutely ludicrous. They keep talking about extraterrestrial visitations as fact, as if there is absolutely no other explanation for some of the things they are showing (like lines gouged in the ground), and then go on to hypothesize as to why these ETs did these things? Are giant lines gouged in the ground somehow less fascinating if you accept that ancient people actually gouged the lines, and speculate on why they did that?

    I didn't realize that it was a History channel show. That makes it even worse.
    That is not the case at all, they show unexplained things that happened in ancient times and usually have a point and counterpoint. Or the accepted claim and then and alternate claim on how it could have been done by aliens. Some of the commentators do sound like they accept it as fact though.

    On topic, I never saw that scammed show. When was it on?
    Last edited by Ruprect1; 09-30-2011 at 07:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Englshredwolf View Post
    thanks point dexter, ill wait for some more comments from other, less rude people.

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser CaptFailure's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    I guess its not ok to call something history when speculated to not be related to religion, but when Jewish rooted religion is mentioned, people take it for historical facts.
    I quit going to church years ago because I think religion is a farce, so I'm not following your point here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruprect1
    That is not the case at all, they show unexplained things that happened in ancient times and usually have a point and counterpoint. Or the accepted claim and then and alternate claim on how it could have been done by aliens. Some of the commentators do sound like they accept it as fact though.

    On topic, I never saw that scammed show. When was it on?
    There's unfortunate implications with saying the works of ancient humans were the result of alien visitors. It's like saying they weren't smart enough to build their structures, figure out astronomy, lead their people (Pharohs descended from aliens, much? they claimed that) or simply create great works of prehistoric art without the help of some other, better race. That ontop of the absurd idea that alien life regularly comes to Earth makes the concept laughable. I believe in the existance of aliens, but that does not mean they have the means or the necessity to come here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock
    SWTOR will hit a big enough audience on it's own to be successful. Know why? Because Star Wars has fanbois just like you: that would buy anything that says SW on the box that know nothing about Bioware.
    When defending something, the best course of action is not to admit the only thing going for it is blind devotion.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts