+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: MMO's getting too casual.

Soulwalker

Default MMO's getting too casual.

I had a text wall about 45 mins ago but my browser shutdown on me so here are a list of my demands for furture mmo's or a relaunch of rift.

1)only 1 spec and no respecs until the level cap and even then it should require a quest chain to accomplish a respec.
    2)specialized roles-tank/melee dps/ranged dps/healer/support...NO HYBRIDS
    3)no fast travel, make the world big and make me plan my trips. also, give mages portals and make it so if you need to get somewhere fast you need a mage.
    4) no cross server dungeons/warfronts--I want to build resentment towards my enemy.make less servers, better populations on servers
    5) no dungeon finders--quit being lazy and get into a guild and ask around form a friends list, mmo's are supposed to be a social experience.
    6)epic gear only from raids!! blue's are shiny enough until I get my *** into a guild and learn some encounters.
    7)epic pvp gear for only the top people on the server ( this one would be tough but you could have a ranked system based on k/d ratio/win to loss ratio and they can be ranked weekly and must purchase the gear in that window.

These are just some of my main concerns off the top of my head. Please feel free to comment or add to this list and thank you for reading
    Last edited by Aisenstat; 09-29-2011 at 07:53 AM.

Sounds like you want to play table top style Dungeons and Dragons in an MMO. Unfortunately for you, that will never happen. Heck, even 4 ed. D&D is table top with MMO rules.
    Every class but yours is overpowered. Every class but yours is easy to play. Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Aisenstat View Post
    I had a text wall about 45 mins ago but my browser shutdown on me so here are a list of my demands for furture mmo's or a relaunch of rift.

1)only 1 spec and no respecs until the level cap and even then it should require a quest chain to accomplish a respec.
    2)specialized roles-tank/melee dps/ranged dps/healer/support...NO HYBRIDS
    3)no fast travel, make the world big and make me plan my trips. also, give mages portals and make it so if you need to get somewhere fast you need a mage.
    4) no cross server dungeons/warfronts--I want to build resentment towards my enemy.make less servers, better populations on servers
    5) no dungeon finders--quit being lazy and get into a guild and ask around form a friends list, mmo's are supposed to be a social experience.
    6)epic gear only from raids!! blue's are shiny enough until I get my *** into a guild and learn some encounters.
    7)epic pvp gear for only the top people on the server ( this one would be tough but you could have a ranked system based on k/d ratio/win to loss ratio and they can be ranked weekly and must purchase the gear in that window.

These are just some of my main concerns off the top of my head. Please feel free to comment or add to this list and thank you for reading
    1. no. specs get changed often, and sometimes a spec doesnt play out like you hoped, or you overlooked something you might need.

2. they label souls as tanking, dps, etc. its up to us to build optimal specs.

3. one thing im glad to be rid of was the 30 minute gryphon flights in WoW.

4. dont use LFG, and make WF premades.

5. you have the power to do it yourself. stop worrying about how other people play.

6. i agree with this. its one thing i liked about WoW when it first came out. all dungeons before raids had blue gear. while blue gear was actually pretty awesome (seems crappy in Rift), when you saw purple, you knew that guy was powerful.

7. no. you shouldnt have to ask 4 people to play your account to progress in pvp.

So you'd like to go back to the old MMORPG paradigm?
    I love to splash around in these tear-flooded boards. It's so much fun!!

Plane Touched

So your wanting EQ1 back in the day, just say it. I do remember those days but times have changed. I had to let go of EQ1 a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordell View Post
    Sounds like you want to play table top style Dungeons and Dragons in an MMO. Unfortunately for you, that will never happen. Heck, even 4 ed. D&D is table top with MMO rules.
    Yeah, a quick skim of 4th - lol, the way things keep going - the movie Idiocracy takes on a frightening new meaning, eh?

The OP's best option might be to grab a copy of Unity, Blender, and Audacity - get a prototype going - then try to get some crowdfunding... and make their own game.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Quote Originally Posted by Drillo View Post
    So your wanting EQ1 back in the day, just say it. I do remember those days but times have changed. I had to let go of EQ1 a while back.
    I relive it every so often with Project 1999. But yeah, it's time to move on.
    I love to splash around in these tear-flooded boards. It's so much fun!!

Make the game poke me in the eye with a stick if I don't level fast enough.

Remove all macro, hotkeys, and hotbars and require you to open up your Spell list, click on an item, and confirm the spell every time you want to do something.

Make the maximum resolution of the game 320x240.

Make the game start out as an ASCII-based dungeon crawler until you complete the epic quest chain, "Graphic Violence".

Have real life former Marines come and attack you at random in your house while you are playing the game. People who purchase the Collectors Edition are guaranteed at least one broken bone per real life encounter.

- - -

I'd think of more suggestions, but I'm far too casual to really care about this thread.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post
    1. no. specs get changed often, and sometimes a spec doesnt play out like you hoped, or you overlooked something you might need.

2. they label souls as tanking, dps, etc. its up to us to build optimal specs.

3. one thing im glad to be rid of was the 30 minute gryphon flights in WoW.

4. dont use LFG, and make WF premades.

5. you have the power to do it yourself. stop worrying about how other people play.

6. i agree with this. its one thing i liked about WoW when it first came out. all dungeons before raids had blue gear. while blue gear was actually pretty awesome (seems crappy in Rift), when you saw purple, you knew that guy was powerful.

7. no. you shouldnt have to ask 4 people to play your account to progress in pvp.
    I can't stand it when people say this. You clearly miss the point of what the OP was saying.

People that say what you said don't understand 1 simple truth about human nature and gamers in general.

That is: People take the path of least resistance. Period. So this whole idea of yours and others that you can just play the game the way you want to, and not have to worry about how others want to play, really is garbage - and impossible tbh.

It is impossible for players that want to play with a stronger rule-set to find enjoyment in games like these, when Trion continues to foster an enviroment of super -casual, easy mode, cross-server Q fests.

Step out of your own shoes and into someone else's for a moment before you post that statement again, you might see their side of it.

I use to want the old days back too. But between a full time job, a clingy girlfriend, and online courses I couldn't imagine playing a grindy, time-sink filled MMO. The publishers are all about making money; if the masses wanted old school MMOs there would be a ton of them right now.

Rift Master

I'm sure that the if the OP wants to front the 15-20 million and several years it takes to make an MMO that is just perfect for them but very few other people will want to play they will be able to find a dev house more then happy to make their game for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Zaphod View Post
    Make the game poke me in the eye with a stick if I don't level fast enough.

Remove all macro, hotkeys, and hotbars and require you to open up your Spell list, click on an item, and confirm the spell every time you want to do something.

Make the maximum resolution of the game 320x240.

Make the game start out as an ASCII-based dungeon crawler until you complete the epic quest chain, "Graphic Violence".

Have real life former Marines come and attack you at random in your house while you are playing the game. People who purchase the Collectors Edition are guaranteed at least one broken bone per real life encounter.

- - -

I'd think of more suggestions, but I'm far too casual to really care about this thread.

That made me actually laugh,you sir are delightful.
    "I was a Rogue before the buffs,I'll be a Rogue after the nerfs"
    IGN-Phaetill/Shard-The only oceanic PvE shard Rift has
    PvE Matters!

Rift Chaser

I don't just disagree with everything the OP wrote, or even with just every single letter of his/her posting. I think I disagree with every last electron forming those letters on my screen.

And yes, I'd gladly play Hello Kitty before ever installing the OP's dream MMO. Because I'd really hate MMOs if they were like that.

Rift Disciple

Aion.

There are certain ranks that only a few can hold. And they hold them until somebody takes it from them.

And some of your other "wants" are there also.

GL!
    -shows the close account button-

Or..

Go to school, and write your own MMO. I mean, nothing better than getting told your years of labor are useless and mean nothing by people that would not know a line of code if it ran across their face.

just saying. I hate every PC manufacturing company out there, so I build my own. Simple.
    Last edited by Stormon; 09-29-2011 at 08:22 AM.
    When people say you suck. Just remember, they just have a better macro than you do, NOT that they play better. Ask them to share.

Ahhhh, the beauty and time of youth *wistful*

I don't think you really know the difference between casual and hardcore and the value of your time yet young man.
    Garn - Warrior [50][R4]
    Malazarti - Mage [50][R4]
    Vorg - Rogue [50][R5]
    Jarasha - Cleric [50][R1]
    <The Prismatic Order> a GLBTQ friendly guild on Byriel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast