+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: SWTOR missing features for launch

Post SWTOR missing features for launch

I wanted to share this with those hopeful and those which dislike SWTOR. I've carefully read their news and announcements as well as what seemed to be an entire book from the swtor site here (which was last updated 24th September 2011). I've found afew things I thought were shocking considering SWTOR has been in development for probably 3 years now. Here is what I found missing:

• Racial abilities
    • Dual Spec/Roles
    • Respecing costs increase with use
    • Dyes for wearable items
    • Night/Day cycles
    • Bags for inventory and organizing
    • Full customization of companions (even gender)
    • More playable races in the future
    • Server firsts? I haven't seen mention of these
    • Swimming (if there is water we can swim in)
    • Last names for characters
    • Appearance changes based on light/dark side
    • Implants which change your appearance
    • Clothing/gear required for certain planet environments (e.g. Hoth)
    • Guild bank
    • Guild progression system
    • Ability to export specs/roles for reference
    • Player housing
    • Customization of ship interior (placing objects/decor)
    • Ewoks!
    • Multi passenger vehicles
    • Entertainer class for buffs
    • A progress bar for watching crafting progress (lol)

Also, just to let you know, be very careful of their forums. The forum moderators are very restrictive.

Want to get leaked beta info and see some things for yourself? Go here: alterswtor.com

I 'm starting to worry about their ability to meet the 12/22/2011 release date. Oh well, we all have Rift right?

Did someone from the SWTOR dev team touch your no-no spot?
    I live my life with bold enthusiasm tempered by the hope that when I die it won't be reported in News of the Weird or the Darwin Awards.

Visit the scenic Isle of Langerhans dimension, Faeblight server.

None of this matters.

SWTOR has ****ty space combat. Why play a space based MMO with ****ty space combat?
    Last edited by Raiga; 09-27-2011 at 05:41 PM.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Shadowlander

So long as I can run around slicing thing up with a light sabre I don't care about any of those things. Not sure how "more playable races in the future" is a missing feature. To be honest i'm not sure how half of your list really makes much sense.

The game has been in development for longer than 3 years, that's for sure.

all the screen shots of this game look like crapola... well now that i think about it, i find nothing at all appealing about the game

............................................______ __
    ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
    .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
    .........................,/...............................................":,
    .....................,?........................... ...........................,
    .................../.................................................. .........,}
    ................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
    .............../.................................................. .,:"........./
    ..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
    ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
    ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
    ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
    ...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....} ............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
    ............/.`~,......`-...................................../
    .............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._...................................|............ ..`=~-,
    .....`=~-,__......`,.................................
    ...................`=~-,,.,...............................
    ................................`:,,.............. .............`..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_......... .._,-%.......`

Bioware isn't even trying, are they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock
    SWTOR will hit a big enough audience on it's own to be successful. Know why? Because Star Wars has fanbois just like you: that would buy anything that says SW on the box that know nothing about Bioware.
    When defending something, the best course of action is not to admit the only thing going for it is blind devotion.

I will say I purchased 2 SWTOR CE for my wife and I. I have been excited for its release for over a year. I've been watching the HD recorded gameplay from closed beta. I was really liking what I had seen. I noticed I started making excuses for the game though. Then I looked over to my wife's screen and was shocked at how beautiful the graphics in Rift are when compared. It was an eye opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
    None of this matters.

SWTOR has ****ty space combat. Why play a space based MMO with ****ty space combat?
    I agree alot of these are silly and they were meant to be. lol

Some of these though I feel should be part of a game already after 3+ years of development.

Fact: if you say "development", "developer" or "dev" in the SWTOR forums you can receive a forum infraction and your thread can be deleted. Read their forum rules if you don't believe me. Their forums are heavily moderated.

Here's the issues I now consider to be of higher importance or just downright odd to not be in-game already after 3+ years of game development:

• Racial abilities
    • Dual Spec/Roles
    • Dyes for wearable items
    • Night/Day cycles
    • Bags for inventory and organizing
    • Server firsts? I haven't seen mention of these
    • Swimming (if there is water we can swim in)
    • Implants which change your appearance
    • Guild bank
    • Guild progression system

Do they not care what the gamers expect and have requested from other games? Even though they keep saying "This is not Star Wars Galaxies 2", I would say the 8 years SWG was around should provide a learning lesson, as well as the recent developments from existing popular MMOs such as Rift and WoW. I'm going to predict pompus, egocentric attitudes from their developers and community leaders.

Rift Chaser

Out of curiousity, how long was Rift in developement compared to SWTOR? (Just to be fair to SWTOR) Rift is lacking some features that you have pointed out or didn't have at launch. These things can be added over the life of the game or shortly after release. Perhaps BioWare will release new things at a rapid pace. We just don't know.

I'm not a SWTOR fan girl per say. I'm excited about the game for the storyline and a change of pace from the traditional fantasy setting. If it doesn't pan out for me, there are other titles on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    Did someone from the SWTOR dev team touch your no-no spot?
    Hahaha, they spanked me 2 times! Once for posting a thread asking if closed beta leaks help or hurt the community in general discussion forums and again for posting a thread saying I upgraded my PCs to prepare for the game! Seriously. lol Both threads were even in good taste and neutral/professional.
    Last edited by -Bowser-; 09-28-2011 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Linmora View Post
    Out of curiousity, how long was Rift in developement compared to SWTOR? (Just to be fair to SWTOR) Rift is lacking some features that you have pointed out or didn't have at launch. These things can be added over the life of the game or shortly after release. Perhaps BioWare will release new things at a rapid pace. We just don't know.

I'm not a SWTOR fan girl per say. I'm excited about the game for the storyline and a change of pace from the traditional fantasy setting. If it doesn't pan out for me, there are other titles on the way.
    Oh I agree what you are saying but I think a leading game developer needs to research the competition and know what the existing community is used to when it comes to game features. I would bet some of the items in my list will show up sooner or later but I've seen comments from developers and community leaders saying they never intend on doing some of these things. It's like the bar has been lowered just because the content is star wars related.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
    None of this matters.

er... because TOR isn't a space based MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by -Bowser- View Post
    Then I looked over to my wife's screen and was shocked at how beautiful the graphics in Rift are when compared. It was an eye opener.
    TORs later zones are beautiful, stunningly beautiful when in motion they are also huge, massive. You could fit 4 Rift zones into one TOR area.

not buying swator :/ sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by ceodoc View Post
    Happy Trails Khalsa.
    Although I am not one of them, many Defiants will rest more at ease now the "killin" machine has moved on.
    Haha Ciao Doc

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by -Bowser- View Post
    Oh I agree what you are saying but I think a leading game developer needs to research the competition and know what the existing community is used to when it comes to game features. I would bet some of the items in my list will show up sooner or later but I've seen comments from developers and community leaders saying they never intend on doing some of these things. It's like the bar has been lowered just because the content is star wars related.
    I'm hoping to see things like player housing and the ability to customize as well. I did see that they are allowing some customization into the looks of the companions which is important to me. Perhaps we will see some more options along they way.

The SWTOR site was down for maintenance so not getting what you are saying about bags. I hope to Luke that we have ample storage. If there are no bags in the game, that would be a pretty big design flaw.

I'm a pretty patient player and can wait for things. Although I'm taking a break from Rift and MMOs in general right now, I do look for certain features in a game. I'm hoping that BioWare (and other companies) are smart about poplular player items and can have that as part of their game. Doesn't make sense otherwise.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast