+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GW2 is nothing like GW1! if you change the IP, you wouldnt even notice its a sequel

Default GW2 is nothing like GW1! if you change the IP, you wouldnt even notice its a sequel

GW2 is nothing like GW1! if you change the IP, you wouldnt even notice its a sequel to GW1 at all.
    How many fans of GW can admit this, but think about it.

swap out all the IP related stuff leaving the gameplay mechanics, and its nothing left related to GW1 at all.

GW2 seem to be getting a lot of hype. And I see many new comers to the GW universe, who are excited about GW2, and thinking about trying out GW1 to get a feeling for the game.

but I am trying to warn this group is, that the two games are nothing alike. Just because they have the same name and IP, doesnt mean its really a sequel at all.

GW1 is more of a Diablo clone with online requirement (hint hint like D3 has)
    GW2 is a MMO. nothing like GW1. Dont waist your time and money on GW1 if you not interested in that kind of thing.

I liked GW1, but GW2 isn't catching my interest. It seems way to twitch for my tastes. They also removed my favourite aspect of GW1 character building, the ability to meld two classes into an interesting hybrid.
    I live my life with bold enthusiasm tempered by the hope that when I die it won't be reported in News of the Weird or the Darwin Awards.

Visit the scenic Isle of Langerhans dimension, Faeblight server.

Soulwalker

I am glad to hear this because GW1 was an over instanced PoS imho. I hope GW2 is much better.

What is this GW you speak of? I have heard absolutely nothing about it. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassiel of harrow View Post
    What is this GW you speak of? I have heard absolutely nothing about it. At all.
    GOOD!!!!!

its not a MMO

dont be fooled by sites like MMORPG.com and other similar MMO reviewing sites.

even the mods at MMORPG.com know its not a MMO yet still list it for the traffic.

dont be fooled. dont waist your money on it if thats not what you are looking for (aka a MMO likely. Because its not that at all)

I really am looking forward to GW2, but I agree on the twitch aspect. I just don't know how that's going to work with 40 players in the Temple of Highly Rendered Lag Knights. I hope it all works out because I am chomping at the bit to try it out but I think this is going to kill the game when it goes live. Trying to decided between an Asura and a Sylvari.
    BLIZZARD: First off, it's important that everyone remembers that feedback needs to remain constructive... using profanity in your posts, no matter how strongly you may feel about something, is not appropriate.
    TRION: If something ****ing pisses someone off to the point of ****ing smashing their ****ing keyboard Hearing it in those words, helps.

+ Reply to Thread