+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I survived... and I'm back!

Telaran

Thumbs up I survived... and I'm back!

Having 3 defiant 50's and having them all in a guild called "reborn" means something to me now.

I had life saving emergency surgery on the 7th after being rushed to hospital. I had been sick for weeks with tiredness and abdomen pains which got a lot worse on the 7th.

I called an ambulance and gave appendicitis as the reason even though the doctor that day had said I was well.

I got rushed to Wodonga hospital and after a CT scan found myself talking to a surgeon who explained I had a rupture and fluid around my appendix and needed surgery ASAP.

I don't remember much after that as I was heavily sedated and being pumped full of antibiotics. When I woke I was relieved and found I didn't require a blood transfusion or a bag.

A large abscess/mass around my appendix had burst and contaminated all my insides which had become life threatening.

I was told I was very lucky to have survived and only the latest antibiotics had given me a chance. I'm a single parent of a 9 year old so was extra grateful for this 2nd chance.

We intend to have a holiday this year as were nearly robbed of the chance.

Telaran

Welcome back glad you're ok makes you appreciate everything so much more right

Glad your OK.

I probably wouldn't post something like this though because first its none of our business and second someone is going to find a way to troll you.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Champion of Telara

As someone who also had a life-threatening abscess situation complete with hospitals, heavy medication and last minute surgery - congrats!

Mine was in my neck and not my abdomen, but I know how you feel.

As stressful and dangerous as it was, it will always be reminder of how precious the time we have is.

Love yourself, your family, your friends, your work, and your hobbies. Time spent loving something is time well spent.

Telaran

I am glad for you and your family that you are ok.
    Faeblight Defiant Eth Mage Quay

Plane Touched

How odd...My friend had this happen a month ago. Thank God it wasn't mortal, appendicitis seems to be a lot less fatal than it used to be.

Welcome back!
    Hoss

Oh, my, what an awful experience.

I'm glad you're recovering.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Wow! Glad you made it. Be sure to let the doctor who said you were well know what happened. Not to be a jerk, but so the doctor will have a better chance of catching it next time.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread