+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What percentage of GW2 hype is the payment model?

Default What percentage of GW2 hype is the payment model?

What percentage of the hype surrounding Guild Wars 2 comes from the payment model?

37.264335%

Quote Originally Posted by KaiHeilos View Post
    37.264335%
    >.>

thats it?

>..>
    I expected 237%
    but that may just be me

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

Hm...maybe 15% among MMO fans that post things. This sometimes gets mentioned, but not very often, imo. Players want a good game. Is there a lot more talk between Joe and Bob at the water cooler about so and so F2P game that doesn't require a fee? Maybe.

I'd play GW2 even if it had a monthly sub.

I liked GW1 so I'm assuming 2 is twice as good.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
    I'd play GW2 even if it had a monthly sub.

I liked GW1 so I'm assuming 2 is twice as good.
    really?

it has a finite set of dungeons, and no endgame raiding, and a bunch of scripted quest (aka Dynamic Events).
    well if you like PvP the Mist may keep you entertained. I am not so sure about the Structured PvP, since GW1 also had that. Wasnt lot of fun actually (<--from My own opinion there)

it looks fun, I would get it because of the one time fee, but never for a sub unless anet makes huge additions. less grindy Raids would have interest me. but no raid dungeons.
    Last edited by tro44; 09-20-2011 at 09:43 PM.

Telaran

Did nobody see the live stream pvp match from gamescon? Devs vs some random mmo guild (boon control, i remember them from aion; they were horrible), it looked extremely dynamic and nothing like gw1 (played for 5 years trust me) although it was kinda like an fps except that it's third person and there's spells instead of guns.. but it felt like playing unreal tournament / quake or some other unorganized ****

Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    it has a finite set of dungeons, and no endgame raiding, and a bunch of scripted quest (aka Dynamic Events).
    Personally, i am sick of grinding dungeons and i don't care about raiding. (This is why i've grown increasingly disappointed with Rift over time.) So for me, GW2 sounds very interesting, from what I've read at least. I'm still not passing judgement until i played it tho.

And why do people consider that an MMORPG haaas to have raids? IMHO an MMORPG should have RPG elements. From what I've read, GW2 will have quite a few, unlike Rift.
    As it stands now, our characters are more replaceable than our gear...
    My character is not a coat hanger!

Sword of Telara

really?

well if you like PvP the Mist may keep you entertained. I am not so sure about the Structured PvP, since GW1 also had that. Wasnt lot of fun actually (<--from My own opinion there)

it looks fun, I would get it because of the one time fee, but never for a sub unless anet makes huge additions. less grindy Raids would have interest me. but no raid dungeons.
    have you even seen how awsome the combat really is?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woe8hvlcETo

Elementalist, if this not get heart pumping, nothing will

personally i think gear is massive Overrated, getting gear for what, to get even better gear. to get even better gear??, missing some logic here.

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abisha View Post
    have you even seen how awsome the combat really is?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woe8hvlcETo

Elementalist, if this not get heart pumping, nothing will
    Isn't this going to be similar to GW though where you can only have like 8 or so skills on your hotbar (screenshot), and you have to pick the right ones like playing cards? This is one of my few reservations about this game and what I didn't like about GW. Combat is more awesome with 24 or 36 skills on my hotbars like Rift or LotRO, instead of looking like it was made for console.
    Last edited by Silverangel69; 09-21-2011 at 06:24 AM.

Champion of Telara

What percentage of the hype surrounding Guild Wars 2 comes from the payment model?
    None for me. I'd play it with a monthly sub. 15 bucks a month for a real good mmo is nothing.

I'm excited about the actual game.

really?

I could care less about the dungeons and endgame raiding.

I want to PvP. GW has great PvP. The fact that is has a lot of RPG elements is a big plus as well.

Unfortunately many games have strayed away from their RPG roots(including Rift) and I think it'll be great to get back to them and progress my character the way i want.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Most want to play it because it's going to be one of the best mmorpgs.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=92262&dateline=134088  9999

Champion of Telara

really?

I hate raids, scripted dungeons and most other pve content. GW2 will be pvp focused with competitive skill based options as well as dynamic multifaction open world pvp. That alone is enough for me.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Silverangel69 View Post
    Isn't this going to be similar to GW though where you can only have like 8 or so skills on your hotbar (screenshot), and you have to pick the right ones like playing cards? This is one of my few reservations about this game and what I didn't like about GW. Combat is more awesome with 24 or 36 skills on my hotbars like Rift or LotRO, instead of looking like it was made for console.
    witch you macro into a few skills.

really give me the 9 skills, you can't marco then 100 "skills" witch you have to program you'r self

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast