+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: I want Archeage right meow!

  1. #1
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default I want Archeage right meow!

    Cuz I get to play a cat person! Best MMO ever for this reason alone.
    Last edited by Sinndel; 09-19-2011 at 06:14 AM.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Oh and there all this stuff too

    The developers promise a community like that of Ultima Online, PvE comparable to World of Warcraft and PvP taken from Lineage 2. The game itself is developed as a “sandbox” – where the player is completely free to chose what to do and how to live. Expanding on this, characters won't be subject to strict limitations on growth, such as is the case in other MMOs.
    But what's important is I can haz a tail!
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Laughingstock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    Cuz I get to play a cat person! Best MMO ever for this reason alone.
    That would be FFXI. Best game because you got to play catwomen. Much hotter cats with better Dexterity. I think AAge will be the best open sandbox type game coming out if they can tighten down a few things. Their catgirls don't look as good as FF ones. (bad feet ew)

    Their world already looks incredible with huge cities. The ship battles and castle sieging looks like fun and isn't "level based" which should mean lots of replayability. They seem to have a robust crafting system where you can build your houses, ships and halls. The mounts look quite interesting and diverse which in this day/age, is kind of hard to do since we've seen almost every mount type imaginable. Air travel will be in the game with airships, personal gliders.. very interesting stuff.

    I think the catwomen are just the icing on the cake if they can continue to develop new things and races. I just hope they don't have dwarves and elves... I'll take catladies over them anyday.
    Last edited by Laughingstock; 09-19-2011 at 06:42 AM.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock View Post
    That would be FFXI. Best game because you got to play catwomen. Much hotter cats with better Dexterity. I think AAge will be the best open sandbox type game coming out if they can tighten down a few things.

    Their world already looks incredible with huge cities. The ship battles and castle sieging looks like fun and isn't "level based" which should mean lots of replayability. They seem to have a robust crafting system where you can build your houses, ships and halls. The mounts look quite interesting and diverse which in this day/age, is kind of hard to do since we've seen almost every mount type imaginable. Air travel will be in the game with airships, personal gliders.. very interesting stuff.

    I think the catwomen are just the icing on the cake if they can continue to develop new things and races. I just hope they don't have dwarves and elves... I'll take catladies over them anyday.
    Yeah, now that I've taken a good look at gameplay videos and reviews I'm honestly excited for this game. I mean, sandbox, come on. There hasn't been a good sandbox MMO in a long time. And then when they say it takes PvP directly from Lineage 2, I'm sold.
    Last edited by Sinndel; 09-19-2011 at 06:40 AM.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Laughingstock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    Yeah, now that I've taken a good look at gameplay videos and reviews I'm honestly excited for this game. I mean, sandbox, come on. There hasn't been a good sandbox MMO in a long time. And then when they say it takes PvP directly from Lineage 2, I'm sold.
    I just hope their world is as big as Darkfalls.

    I didn't like DF much (certain things ticked me, plus buggy) but their world was HUGE. It was old school type of huge where it took hours to run from one side to the other.

    That is.. IF you made it through the mobs and players trying to kill you. I missed that sense of danger in games and I hope AAge does some of that.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock View Post
    I just hope their world is as big as Darkfalls.

    I didn't like DF much (certain things ticked me, plus buggy) but their world was HUGE. It was old school type of huge where it took hours to run from one side to the other.

    That is.. IF you made it through the mobs and players trying to kill you. I missed that sense of danger in games and I hope AAge does some of that.
    I hope player housing is semi-instanced though. If everyone is just allowed to clutter the landscape by plopping their houses wherever they feel like, I will be sad.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Laughingstock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    I hope player housing is semi-instanced though. If everyone is just allowed to clutter the landscape by plopping their houses wherever they feel like, I will be sad.
    If it's like Vanguard I'll be happy. They spaced it out quite well (almost too well) and there were tracts all over the continents you could buy with different style homes.

    They don't need instancing of it really. If a server gets that full where all the available housing is taken, then people will just have to roll on another server.. that's all.

    View of Vanguard housing plot and building
    Last edited by Laughingstock; 09-19-2011 at 06:53 AM.

  8. #8
    Champion of Telara Raiga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sanctum
    Posts
    1,287

    Default

    I saw some videos and I must say I'm impressed. Graphics are top notch. My only question is: Is this an MMORPG? The reason I ask this is because the videos I watched it looked like everything was instanced like Vindictus or Dragon Nest.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

  9. #9
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
    I saw some videos and I must say I'm impressed. Graphics are top notch. My only question is: Is this an MMORPG? The reason I ask this is because the videos I watched it looked like everything was instanced like Vindictus or Dragon Nest.
    I just watched one where a person is running through the newbie/tutorial area, and there's so many other players they are having trouble finding their own mobs.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbrQTOErE9g

    Definitely an MMORPG.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Chomag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    It will kill wow.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Laughingstock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
    I saw some videos and I must say I'm impressed. Graphics are top notch. My only question is: Is this an MMORPG? The reason I ask this is because the videos I watched it looked like everything was instanced like Vindictus or Dragon Nest.
    Yes it's a mmo.

    ArcheAge world/zones

    AAge travel

    Building environments/physics
    Last edited by Laughingstock; 09-19-2011 at 07:16 AM.

  12. #12
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    Cuz I get to play a cat person! Best MMO ever for this reason alone.
    hmm, Cat person.
    Tera.
    final fantasy XIV

    but you right, Archeage looks really good to

  13. #13
    Ascendant Vyxagallanxchi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,405

    Default

    I started looking into this game a few days ago... now, I never got to play DAoC, Ultima, or any of the really good classic MMOs. But this game sounds to me like I always envisioned an MMO to be. Meteor spells forming a lake, player housing, naval warfare, being able to be a complete **** and burn someones house down and eat their horse... Sieges, non-instanced content, no teleportation mechanisms, no minimap. It sounds like a real world. Also, the characters aren't overly anime-esque like typical Korean games. Apparently the world is bigger then current WoW too. It sounds awesome, it looks awesome and I will definitely be keeping an eye on this one. Hopefully, there will be a beta at some point that we can get in on. For now, I will hope that this game will give me a chance to experience what I always hoped for in an MMO.

    Also... ****ing HANG GLIDING!!! I'm sold. :P
    Last edited by Vyxagallanxchi; 09-19-2011 at 08:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple Berethron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Ok, after watching those videos, I'm hooked. I must try this game.
    If you're going F2P, please do it right. Don't go back on your word.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Vyxagallanxchi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Berethron View Post
    Ok, after watching those videos, I'm hooked. I must try this game.
    Yeah... I really should have avoided watching those... Now I want this game even more. I hate waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts