+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: any one going to SW:TOR

Soulwalker

Default any one going to SW:TOR

is star wars TOR going to take alot of out players?
    I would like to know how many people is going to join star wars when it comes out this year becouse if rift loses to many players i will be looking for a new game

NO ONE KNOWS!

When SW:ToR comes out there will be a big dip in Players in pretty much every MMO and depending on how SW:ToR ends up people will either stay or go back to their own game.
    Hoss

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by zercon View Post
    is star wars TOR going to take alot of out players?
    I would like to know how many people is going to join star wars when it comes out this year becouse if rift loses to many players i will be looking for a new game
    Um are you being serious with this post?

Millions are going to play swtor, so are you really looking to see a milllion people reply.

Its a pretty obvious answer to your question, not sure why your even asking it.
    www.empiresunited.com

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss616 View Post
    NO ONE KNOWS!

When SW:ToR comes out there will be a big dip in Players in pretty much every MMO and depending on how SW:ToR ends up people will either stay or go back to their own game.
    exactly, cant be more spot on then that.

Same cycle as every mmo.
    www.empiresunited.com

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Langelos View Post
    Um are you being serious with this post?

Millions are going to play swtor, so are you really looking to see a milllion people reply.

Its a pretty obvious answer to your question, not sure why your even asking it.
    i was looking just at rift players most of my guild said they will stay and wait on D3 i know SW:tor will be out this year

Shadowlander

I think people will leave at first, and in game it will be pretty empty... BUT- SW is not a fantasy mmo and people like their fantasy.

I won't be playing swtor, but I won't be playing RIFT either.

Also; inb4tehlock... or... inb4teh move to off topic.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by lvoelger View Post
    I think people will leave at first, and in game it will be pretty empty... BUT- SW is not a fantasy mmo and people like their fantasy.
    I agree. I thnk that we will see a dip in population. The big question is whether SWTOR will have staying power to keep those subs. The prospect of a story driven game sounds absolutely fantastic. But when you reach the end of your storyline and the game turns into similar endgame experiences like recent MMOs, will people stick around to move on to the next great thing (GW2?)? What I suspect is that it will be SWTOR, then people move to GW2 then perhaps Secret World, then ???.

It is going to be an interesting year for MMOs and as a gamer, I'm excited. Let's not forget about fantastic single player games too like Skyrim....

i will not be playing SWToR, it looks like it will be unfinished, EA and Bioware are both behind it, and i have lost faith in both of them. the gameplay looks bad, and the fact that they are running out of pre orders tells me they have terrible planning skills and the servers will probably have terrible stability at launch

i will continue to play rift after SWToR releases

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Linmora View Post
    Let's not forget about fantastic single player games too like Skyrim....
    that is the only game on the horizon that will take me away from rift for a while

i was waiting on ME3 and D3, but those both turned out to look bad, and i dont even know when Tomb Raider is going to release
    Last edited by xanduin246; 09-18-2011 at 04:31 PM.

Telaran

ToR is going to be huge > end of story.

It's one of those games that you shouldn't miss out on, no matter what anyone says, play the game for yourself. I agree with the masses, ToR is going to be epic and to all those haters, their just going to hate.

I've paid close attention to SWTOR and GW2 both, and the more I scrutinize them, the more likely I am to stay with Rift. If there's a strong concensus that either game is simply mind-blowing, then I'll plunk down the cash and find out for myself.

I don't play MMOs that have EA anywhere near them. I've already learned my lesson on that one.
    Even free cost too much now

Plane Touched

I have been playing a lot of MMOs for 8 years. I have never returned to an MMO I have quit, including WoW. I guess many people are the same. If I don't like the new one I picked up, I would simply move on to others, including non-MMOs.

My problem is not about whether TOR is good or not. My problem is with Rift. Trion is so poor and slow for their treatment against imbalance that, although I am playing it still, I always try to figure out a way to get out of this game now. It is sort of accumulation of frustration against them. I never have such feeling in my 3 years with WoW. Something definitely wrong would always be fixed very quickly, as quickly as in a day or two, maybe a week. But Trions just leaves them for months.
    Last edited by comet361; 09-18-2011 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by comet361 View Post
    I have been playing a lot of MMOs for 8 years. I have never returned to an MMO I have quit, including WoW. I guess many people are the same. If I don't like the new one I picked up, I would simply move on to others, including non-MMOs.

My problem is not about whether TOR is good or not. My problem is with Rift. Trion is so poor and slow for their treatment against imbalance that, although I am playing it still, I always try to figure out a way to get out of this game now. It is sort of accumulation of frustration against them. I never have such feeling in my 3 years with WoW. Something definitely wrong would always be fixed very quickly, as quickly as in a day or two, maybe a week. But Trions just leaves them for months.
    If you need an exit strategy, you can always do what I did. When I get home from work, instead of playing RIFT, I go for a walk, or jog, 1 hour anywhere I feel like. Sometimes I go to the park, sometimes i just go around my neighbourhood. I've lost 5 lbs since I quit rift!
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

I have inside sources that tell me that exactly 3054 people will be leaving this game to go to SWTOR. Briarcliff will be facing the largest hit and Deepstrike will actually come out ahead.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast