+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anime Freaks!

Default Anime Freaks!

I know you guys are out there, waiting for someone to make a thread like this, so you can discuss anime with like minded people!

...Oh wait that's me!

Lets discuss our favorite anime! What we liked. What we hated. What we couldn't finish watching!

This is a thread where anything goes(about anime)! Got a new topic? Bring it up, so we can talk about it! Watch a new anime? Give us a review! Share your favorite anime streaming/dl sites! Share your anime fetish! Whatever! Do I use alot of exclamation points? YES!

If you are posting something with a spoiler in it, please put *SPOILER* before whatever it is your spoiling.
    If your starting a new topic, please put /Discuss at the end of your post.

~Anyways. Have at it!
    Last edited by Raiga; 08-24-2011 at 01:47 PM.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Default Cowboy bebop

Just saw the ending to Cowboy Bebop the other night on Adult Swim. I never really watched this anime from start to finish, but I watched episodes here and there, so I understood the plot and what was going on.

I thought the ending was good. Kinda reminded me of the Death Note ending in that it didn't surprise me the way it ended and tbh I wouldn't of wanted it any other way. Over all I thought the anime was good. Watching it at 3am makes it that much better. Really it gives you a different feel.

Here's the synopsis if anyone was thinking of watching it for the first time.

/Discuss
    Last edited by Raiga; 08-24-2011 at 01:57 PM.
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

They suppose to do something new with Cowboy Beebop. You, me, the guy behind you, that guy over there all know the greatest anime ever is DBZ....jk that was garbage it is Full Metal Alchemist, both of them tho Brotherhood was best cause it was manga. I mean really it is the most influential anime of the past 15 years. It revived Anime for many people, and brought in many more. I see so many at the cons, which is funny cause when I went after the first season of the anime version aired I was the only Edward, a few Roys and Hawkeyes tho. Now they every where.

Death Note was good just a bit upset they left a few things from the manga out. Not to mention really tired of seeing L's at cons tho, especially as most of them are girls lol. I give credit tho as this was really an anime that started streaming from the official site before NA release so kudos to them.

So far the best new one is Steins Gate hands down. That is a wonderful anime. If you like the Blood series..do not watch Blood-c, so far it is garbage. I could go on but I already feel like a big otaku so I will stop for now lol.
    Rules do not exist to bind us. They exist so you may know your freedoms.

Shadowlander

I used to watched a lot of it, kind of forgot about it until my daughter started to get into it. Lucky me gets to relive his childhood all over again =) I did some fansubbing once upon a time, too. 100's of people flooding fservers for days after new episodes on 56k modems .... oh the memories. I had just bought my first dsm and was in a go cart league when I got my hands on Initial D for the first time, I guess that one is my guilty pleasure.

DNA^2, 3x3 Eyes, Ah megami sama ... still some of my all time favorites. Kind of a cliche title but Akira was awesome.
    Last edited by Mystral; 08-24-2011 at 05:56 PM.

Someone reccomended I watch Claymore. I got 3 or 4 episodes in and was so disgusted with it, I never watched it again.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    Someone reccomended I watch Claymore. I got 3 or 4 episodes in and was so disgusted with it, I never watched it again.
    Oh really? I have Claymore on my favorites list. I think once you watch the full thing you realize there was a lot more that was going on. Only thing I didn't like was they left room for a second season even though it was highly doubtful that they would ever get a second season. That's what the people behind Rosario Vampire tried to do also(for the third season).
    Last edited by Raiga; 08-24-2011 at 10:51 PM.
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    So far the best new one is Steins Gate hands down. That is a wonderful anime. If you like the Blood series..do not watch Blood-c, so far it is garbage. I could go on but I already feel like a big otaku so I will stop for now lol.
    I have Steins Gate on my "to watch" list. Could you give me a small review if possible? I might end up watching it today if it sounds good.

It doesn't take a year to get into the story like Blood did right?(other then that I enjoyed the Blood series)

Oh and embrace the otaku within!!! I'm not judging
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
    I have Steins Gate on my "to watch" list. Could you give me a small review if possible? I might end up watching it today if it sounds good.

It doesn't take a year to get into the story like Blood did right?(other then that I enjoyed the Blood series)

Oh and embrace the otaku within!!! I'm not judging
    Well I mean Blood-C is as slow as the other ones, it is just you don't really give a crap about any of the char. There no depth to any of them, even the main character and 7 episodes in. I am giving it a few more till I say f this.

OO and No. 6 is really good so far even tho it has a Yaoi bit in it, it is a small subtle part not, hey man these two dudes are gonna make out and stare at each other the whole time.
    Last edited by Yuuichi; 08-25-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Well I mean Blood-C is as slow as the other ones, it is just you don't really give a crap about any of the char. There no depth to any of them, even the main character and 7 episodes in. I am giving it a few more till I say f this.

OO and No. 6 is really good so far even tho it has a Yaoi bit in it, it is a small subtle part not, hey man these two dudes are gonna make out and stare at each other the whole time.
    Oh, I was comparing Steins Gate to Blood+.

I didn't even put C on my watch list because of all the other good anime that came out this season. I might end up watching it later on though.
    Last edited by Raiga; 08-25-2011 at 02:01 PM.
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
    Oh, I was comparing Steins Gate to Blood+.

I didn't even put C on my watch list because of all the other good anime that came out this season. I might end up watching it later on though.
    oh nah Steins Gate gets going pretty quick.

oh nah Steins Gate gets going pretty quick.
    Sweet!

I'll be watching it asap then.
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

NICHIJOU

/10animes

Not so heavy, but my 6 year old son and I have watched a few series of Gundam on youtube hehe, he liked the giant robots and I was suprised at the depth of the story in the cartoons. Reminded me a lot of Uylsees 51 when I was a kid myself.

I remeber when anime hit it big with Akira et al arriving in the UK in the late 80's early 90's I think it was. There was some really good stuff and some not so good stuff. Might have to look up some of these ones you are talking about now to see what I have missed in the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by AsphyxZero View Post
    NICHIJOU

/10animes
    I don't even have this on my list!

It came out last season right?
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Yeah, it's hilarious. Think Lucky Star with more anti-depressants, less food, and more humor.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast