Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Top 3 things that REALLY BUG you about Rift

Telaran

Default Top 3 things that REALLY BUG you about Rift

Okay, longtime former WoW player here so i'm using that and EQ as my basis of comparison. Let me first say that at first Rift really drew me in, but the longer I play, the more stuff gets annoying and draws me away from it.

Pve:

1) Jesus CHRIST FOR THE LOVE OF GOD why do I get dismounted by mobs TWENTY levels below me? This is the most annoying crap ever. First off, this isn't 1998 EQ where its cool to wade through billions of mobs just for the hell of it. The mob density in any given area is stupid. Thus, mounting to go anywhere you're usually bound to dismounted on the way. Especially if you're relevelling a profession and want to get some ore or something like that. This is stupid.

2) Rifts. They were cool at first. But on my 3rd alt, trying to turn my quest in and finding wades of elite mobs everywhere that have killed all the quest NPC's. And of COURSE its on a dead server where nobody will ever kill said elites.

3) Pvp. Pvp in rift is absolutely ******ed. The gear gap is too large and the only way to get good gear is to be a no life basement dwelling scumbag - in WoW you can get starter honor gear in about 2 nights of honor farming. In Rift anything rank 5 or below you're cannon fodder to get 2 shot repeatedly.

4) More Pvp. Pvp in rift takes no skill at all. The DR system is MESSED UP and makes melee immune too quickly. Take some notes from WoW's DR system, the wow DR system is MUCH BETTER implemented. Melee never become an unpeelable nightmare. In WoW if you see someone that is rated 2700 you know they are good. In Rift someone in rank 8 gear could be some idiot warrior spamming 2 macros while backpeddling and cliccking his trinket (sorry, break free). Compared to WoW, which if you watch something like reckful 3 or the most recent battle.net invitationals..being the best at pvp in that game truly does take skill. Rift is a JOKE in comparson, there's NO reason to pvp for competition because its a button mash fest. (macro mash fest )

5) MAKE ENEMY NAMEPLATES MORE CUSTOMIZABLE. WHY can I only see 1 enemy nameplate at a time? Is this 1998 again? Put class / spec colors on nameplates. Make an option to show ALL ENEMY NAMEPLATES. This is COMMON PRACTICE in all recent MMO's.
    Last edited by velias; 08-24-2011 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by velias View Post

2) Rifts. They were cool at first. But on my 3rd alt, trying to turn my quest in and finding wades of elite mobs everywhere that have killed all the quest NPC's. And of COURSE its on a dead server where nobody will ever kill said elites.
    and the name of the game is???? Thats right RIFT. You knew about this coming into the game. Don't like it quit. Not Trions fault players want to just quest and ignore THE MAIN SELLING POINT OF GAME. They already lowered the rift to a crappy low amount, but let me guess you want them gone and only to pop up by some ability when "a player feels like doing them". Wow is ---------> go back to that.

Know what annoys me about Rift? Players like you who just want everything to be WOW. It is because of players like you that the MMO genere is going to be the same stale crap for the next few years until a dev has the guts to come out, make a dynamic new MMO with a good mix of old school and new school, and NOT listen to all the QQ people who just want to quest SOLO in an MMO and have the best gear handed to them for going out and punching a lvl 1 rabbit.
    Last edited by Yuuichi; 08-24-2011 at 11:06 AM.
    Rules do not exist to bind us. They exist so you may know your freedoms.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    and the name of the game is???? Thats right RIFT. You knew about this coming into the game. Don't like it quit. Not Trions fault players want to just quest and ignore THE MAIN SELLING POINT OF GAME. They already lowered the rift to a crappy low amount, but let me guess you want them gone and only to pop up by some ability when "a player feels like doing them". Wow is ---------> go back to that.
    you mad bro? You gonna sit here and preach to me? Yeah, i'm not going to re-up after this month. I am so sorry that crap that was cool in 1998 that makes the game stupid and tedius now offends you so much. Also I don't mind rifts. There's a time and place for it, they get thrown at you so much that its an inconvenience at times. Not being able to turn my quests in for 2 days in a row on my alts in fun stuff.

By the looks of it, most rift subs quit after the first month so your game will be dead in a year. Especially with SWTOR coming out. Already, all the shards I play on have less and less players. Shards formerly constant "high" are now low to medium.

So you can take your attitude and shove it! cy@
    Last edited by velias; 08-24-2011 at 11:07 AM.

Ascendant

Erm... you listed 5.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by velias View Post
    you mad bro? You gonna sit here and preach to me? Yeah, i'm not going to re-up after this month.

By the looks of it, most rift subs quit after the first month so your game will be dead in a year. Especially with SWTOR coming out. Already, all the shards I play on have less and less players. Shards formerly constant "high" are now low to medium.

So you can take your attitude and shove it! cy@
    lol, lies.
    servers show med because they expanded the capacity. Look around the internet son, Rift is all over the rag sites. You know, like WoW used to be.
    Face it, Rift is the next big thing.

Rift Disciple

When you "umadbro" someone, you can't add a huge rant afterwards raging about how your gonna quit.
    Bizmatek

Worst ragequit thread ever.

Why can't people just cancel their sub quietly anymore?

All I see is blah blah blah wow wow blah.

I think he's mad because he can't count.
    Anduri - Gelidra
    United Kingdoms

i thought this was going to be a constructive thread to give trion an idea of what were thinking.

silly me.

anyways... i guess ill give it a shot.

1. They don't allow proper data collection, so third party sites like rift.zam are pretty much useless when i want to find information on something. i can go there and look up an item, and then it pretty much lists the item name and thats all.

2. i know giving females a bikini for plate armor has been a custom for a while now in the mmorpg genre, but it wouldnt hurt to try a different route and make them look badass instead of like strippers.

3. stupid ****ing snake tears AHHHHHHRRGGGH!!
    Last edited by TheDrizzle404; 08-24-2011 at 11:27 AM.

1. Dumb threads on the forums.

2. Stupid threads on the forums.

3. Idiotic quit threads on the forum that people try to conceal as something else.

Other then those, I'm pretty ok with the game.

Ascendant

My top three:
    • Poor Immersion. Number one thing. After five months I still don't feel any attachment to my characters, I don't care about Asha, the Faceless Man, the Guardians or Regulos. The quests were all too generic and failed to draw me in. Even the world events just feel like loot chases and don't really give the sense of impending doom.

Meridian (the best of the cities) is boring and small. Nothing feels epic about it and it almost at times feels much smaller like an outpost. One thing about EQ2, FFXI and WoW cities like Stormwind, they FELT like cities with alleys, moats, and interesting things in them. If I hear that ugly girl say one more time "Kira, would you like to see my experiment on dead bodies?..." /snore.

On the other hand, I did enjoy the Saga quests. I like long chaining quests such as that but there aren't enough of them.
    • Armor/gear styles, poor itemization. The looks of almost all of these armors for any class are horrible. This art is just bad. Seriously bad. Shoes are the worst. There is no reason other than perhaps they didn't have enough time to get styles put in that you would have repeating armor styles to this extent across every single class. It's inexcusable and lazy. The best armor overall I think are for clerics which are okay. Every other class fails miserably. We already know how bad class stats on gear is.
    • Lack of lateral content. Okay, we get it. RIFT likes grinding and dungeons. But it seems that's all it likes. The rifts become second fiddle to something that WoW does better, dungeon/gear/rep grinding. You had way many more options to actual grind for worthwhile things so if I was going to do that, why would I want boring grinds with few options? Please don't give me that "But it's only a few months" defense. Most people don't want to hear that because if your shop is open, you're going to get judged on what you sell regardless of how long you've been in business.

There simply isn't enough side things to do in this game that are worthwhile or even last long enough. Giving me a side quest in Meridian that literally takes 30 seconds to do (event stuff) is poor, lazy content. You might as well give me the coins for the effort one has to put into it to complete it. It's not fun /dancing with Deeps everyday, or using a cattle prod on dead guys repeatedly. Just mail me the coins if that's a quest.
    Last edited by Laughingstock; 08-24-2011 at 11:34 AM.

Rift Master

Agree and disagree.

#1. Agree - I can appreciate getting dismounted my NPCs within 5 levels of me but getting dismounted by one 40 levels below me is fail.

#2. Disagree - While Rifts can be annoying at times when you're trying to do something QUICK, they are almost perfect as is. This MMO is called RIFT, not I'M A ***** LET ME SHOW YOU HOW MUCH.

#3. Disagree - PvP in RIFT is the BEST PvP I've ever seen. I'm R2 with ZERO PvP gear and I can take out a fully geared R6 or R7. THAT makes PvP fun.

#4 Disagree - There is already PLENTY of PvP in this MMO and the last thing it needs is more. Its bad enough that Trion is suppose to add yet another WF with the next patch. Soon there won't be much for a PvEer to do. Oh, and it really doesn't require much skill to push buttons on a computer keyboard or a console game controller.

#5 Agree - If the default setting for viewing an enemy nameplate is too much of a burden for some players, then there should be an option that would allow you to change the settings so that it is easier to see and read.
    Last edited by Arthritis; 08-24-2011 at 11:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I love this post

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Arthritis View Post
    #3. Disagree - PvP in RIFT is the BEST PvP I've ever seen. I'm R2 with ZERO PvP gear and I can take out a fully geared R6 or R7. THAT makes PvP fun.
    #1 - Warriors . . . see quote (This is kind of half a joke)

#2 - PVP @50. Before that its' fun, after that I gave up at rank 3 . . . and that was before 7 and 8 came out.

#3 - Lies about dynamic worlds. A few scripted events does not make a dynamic world.

Prophet of Telara

3 =/= 5

1. The whiners... but that's not unique to Rift.

2. The players that blame the game for their suckiness... again not a unique Rift problem.

3. When 1 and 2 are combined. (Should be #1 but it wouldn't read properly in that order)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Arthritis View Post

#3. Disagree - PvP in RIFT is the BEST PvP I've ever seen.
    As much of a turd game it is overall, the PvP in Warhammer Online is far superior and more fun than RIFT.

The reason I stopped playing WAR was bugs and the PvE was horrible (which RIFT does a better job) but if the PvE was better in WAR, I probably would have stayed and I'm not even a PvP fan.

You need to try some other PvP mmos for comparision like WAR or DAOC and that will show you just what you've been missing PvP wise.
    Last edited by Laughingstock; 08-24-2011 at 11:39 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast