+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help me out with TERA...

Default Help me out with TERA...

So I was talking to a few friends of mine who say they were wanting to play TERA over Rift... What's Rift got that TERA doesn't or vice versa? The main thing I saw was the combat system, but why wouldn't you want to play TERA? (Other than it being a Korean MMO)

I wasn't sure this fit in the General section, so I put it here.

all this is going to start is a flame war

TERRA is more pvp focus tho
    But But it worked in Dev!

Don't worry you won't have to convince them once they play that game they will come running over to Rift. But I can tell you what turns me off about the game

1) I read a article that said they wont be adding raid content till after realease now im not a big raider but that just screams unfinished game.

2) You can play the game with a game controller, now I don't know forsure cause I never played the game but in my head that tells me they dont have alot of class skills. This could be backed by they fact that after the last FGT they felt the need to add skills.

3) To me with the way they are doing targeting I think even less people are going to play healers wich will most likely effect grouping, and the ones that do I would bet would most likely be spaming aoe heals. They constanly say they want everyone moving around who the heck wants to constantly be chasing people all over the place to heal them. Pluss I think this will get old quick heck on these very same forums we complain (including me) that we caint have 2 targets offense and defence, let alone none

4) I know I once read (I say once cause its nolonger up there) in the FAQ they said something about tera coasting more than what we are use to seeing, and the reason for that is becasue they are going over each detail of the game to make sure its right. Umm I would think they should want to put out the best product anyway thats no exscuse to charge exstra to play the game.

5) To me this is the most important thing. I don't care how much you "Westernize" something if you don't build your game from the ground up with a goal in mind such as Rift imo all you have is a made over ball of crap. They are spending all their time changing the Korean version into a game we can enjoy ie adding quest and changing the lvling curve. But in the end the core of the game is the same and is something that can not be changed and they are trying to add/change something the core did not have in mind when made.

Don't get me wrong I do like some of the stuff im reading such as the Political system sounds like it can be cool but thats not enough for me to choose Tera over Rift.

I was interested in Tera but after investigating it more i cam running back to Rift. Also, every asian mmo i've tried has let me down, therefore i tend to put my trust more in western built mmo's just they suit my playstyle better.

Rift Disciple

Tera's combat system may be more innovative for an mmo (though Spellborn had a similar and even more innovative one), but that's about all there is to say in its favor.*
    If you want content, you'll find it in Rift, not tera.

*Unless you are a teenage boy playing mmo to look up your female character's skirt, in which case, Tera is the game for you, of course.

The big difference? Try posting this in reverse on the TERA forums and see the ****storm it will cause.

Regards,
    Kalbuir

every player likes diff things
    if you like Anime races and AZN grind and AZN weapons/effects/mechanics you play TERA
    if you like social gaming, dynamic content and pure fantasy atmosphere you play RIFT
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

Quote Originally Posted by Kalbuir View Post
    The big difference? Try posting this in reverse on the TERA forums and see the ****storm it will cause.

Regards,
    Kalbuir
    This

For me Tera is not my style graphics wise same reason I won't be playing FFIV nothing wrong with it just not into it. When I compare a screen shot from both games for me it's Rift hands down.

The reason I'm no longer interested in TERA is the company thats taking care of the european playerbase, Frogster.
    If you ever played one of their "F2P" games you'll know that Frogster has very, very bad costumer support and that your account will get hacked atleast once because of the very poor account security.

Ofcourse this could only be a reason if your from europe

Korean games with engame? Right...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuso View Post
    Wise man. No need to look further than Tera's cousin Aion.

Haha, thanks, I'll try to talk them out of TERA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuso View Post
    Lol, heh, yeah that has made me laugh! The game does look good, however for me Rift wins hands down. Even though I am a HUGE Anime and Manga fan!
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

If u love grind 24/7 Tera is your game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermala View Post
    If u love grind 24/7 Tera is your game.
    Or, if you love the idea of playing as a furry bear that shoots cute animations at mobs. Or, if you fancy ridiculous looking armor or weapons. Or maybe you like the idea of not having a single faction? That everyone is good and you have to band together to beat the autonomous baddies? Did I mention the fuzzy bears?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast