+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Huge Migration of EQ players..

Default Huge Migration of EQ players..

And I'm scared. I've heard weird/strange/unusual things bout y'all eq1/2 players.

you roleplay A lot!
    you roleplay in the nude
    you roleplay with the lights off... nude!
    you roleplay marriage (wtf!)
    I was once approached by some eq players while playing Aion least to say i was shocked.

Occasion one. So I'm minding my own business flying around in the Aion world when i guy out of nowhere ask me to follow him. So i figure he needs help. WRONG! He leads me to a bush and then proceeds to strip off his cloths and asked if i would like a kiss! Least to say i was shocked and disturbed, flabbergasted and i felt dirty.

Occasion two. I'm crafting in the smithy room praying my dagger will crit when i receive a message. Hey big boy want to role play with me. I love that you're a black dude ( i was a black dude with cornrow) what do you look like without the armor. I think you would look awesome with my character she's very horny.... Yes i know i was stunned too laughing .

on both these occasions i asked before i chat banned them did they play EQ and both times they said yes.
    Have you had a bad experience with roleplayers? You can share it with me i understand.
    Last edited by MasterZed; 08-20-2010 at 06:25 AM.

Those are quite the odd experiences lol

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

I think its actually Roleplay , rp, or role-play, and no havent had any problems out of any eq players, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by armengar View Post
    I think its actually Roleplay , rp, or role-play, and no havent had any problems out of any eq players, ever.
    ah yea i'll edit that lol thanks
    I was having flashbacks and my mind was somewhere else.
    Last edited by MasterZed; 08-20-2010 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterZed View Post
    ah yea i'll edit that lol thanks
    I was having flashbacks and my mind was somewhere else.
    I would not worry about it. Most players are not like that. I played both games and I don't rp and don't do anything on your list. I may stick a dagger in your side but not any of that other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterZed View Post
    And I'm scared. I've heard weird/strange/unusual things bout y'all eq1/2 players.

you roleplay A lot!
    you roleplay in the nude
    you roleplay with the lights off... nude!
    you roleplay marriage (wtf!)
    I was once approached by some eq players while playing Aion least to say i was shocked.

Occasion one. So I'm minding my own business flying around in the Aion world when i guy out of nowhere ask me to follow him. So i figure he needs help. WRONG! He leads me to a bush and then proceeds to strip off his cloths and asked if i would like a kiss! Least to say i was shocked and disturbed, flabbergasted and i felt dirty.

Occasion two. I'm crafting in the smithy room praying my dagger will crit when i receive a message. Hey big boy want to role play with me. I love that you're a black dude ( i was a black dude with cornrow) what do you look like without the armor. I think you would look awesome with my character she's very horny.... Yes i know i was stunned too laughing .

on both these occasions i asked before i chat banned them did they play EQ and both times they said yes.
    Have you had a bad experience with roleplayers? You can share it with me i understand.
    Wait.. what... I don't even...

Quote Originally Posted by Heavynought View Post
    Wait.. what... I don't even...
    Me to man, me to..

this is scott's game so its not surprising
    But But it worked in Dev!

Yeah well there are rpers, and then there are people who play out their personally fantasies and call it rp. Yes, I've met a few of those. No, I don't tend to play with them long. Don't go shoving us all in that particular box, y0.

Conversely, I've had bad experiences with people who broke up my rp, and so I devised a character specifically to mess with them, that was huge and male and would follow them around making innuendo. It worked - like I guess homosexuality can be transferred in pixels (ZOMG GTF away from me dude!!!!!!) Or the jerk we bombarded with snowballs at a rp event in WoW (the ones that knock you over when you get hit?) He didn't stick around long....actually he tried to report us for harassment.

Good times, good times. Sometimes messing around with someone's rp thinking spamming /dance and being a prat has some repercussions.
    Last edited by Tinker; 08-20-2010 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Good times, good times. Sometimes messing around with someone's rp thinking spamming /dance and being a prat has some repercussions.
    I'll be careful not to mess up your naked rp'ing good fellow.

You do that, man, you do that, or I'll introduce you to Bruce. *nods wisely*

*shudders* brr I'll keep an eye out for you tinker.
    If what i'm hearing is right and alot of eq players move here (if the game suits there game style) I'll be looking forwards to meet more and change my creepy opinion of you guys. Im very open minded i wont judge you all
    TOOL

The OP mentions two incidents that happened to him in Aion and I fail to capture the link between what he saw in Aion and EverQuest.

If you are confused between Role Playing and Cyber Sex then that's your problem.
    If the population of the games that you play in call Cyber Sex roleplaying then again that's their problem.

Cyber Sex has nothing to do with Role Playing. I know some people who use "RolePlaying" as an excuse to CyberSex random people maybe that's why you're confused. How old are you?

Secondly, EverQuest is not a Synonym for RolePlaying. I've met Hard Core players, MinMaxers, Power Games, Casuals and Role Players in EverQuest. Role Playing existed way before EverQuest and EverQuest never invented that nor the majority of EQ players are Role Players (there were only one role playing server).

Third, EverQuest community is (most of the time) TOO different than EverQuest 2 community. Most EQ Classic fans dislike EQ2 (am one of them).

Finally, Role Playing has different levels. You got your elitist role players when they take themselves too seriously (reporting names and such and get frustrated when you talk in character in the grou pchannel) and you have your nice and moderate roleplayers and of course you get your "wtf, n00b..zomg!" which is the extreme of the other side.

To explain what Role Playing is. It is to become your character completely (like an actor in a movie). For instance if you're an Evil Dark Elf Shadow Knight you would never mind killing innocent halflings in CrushBone dungeons unless you Role Play a "good" Dark Elf Shadow Knight. That has nothing to do with Cyber Sex.

Its a type of roleplaying... heh
    I'm sorry if you took this thread to heart. Its half joking half stupid thread.
    If you cant see the funny side you obviously have the humor of a hulking nit invested blubber brained Ice Troll
    I was picking on EQ players only cause i knew alot of them were around here.
    but the two incidents did happen and i think they're funny.
    enjoy your day princess .
    TOOL

I played EQ for 6 years and only had one odd experience.

I was playing my female Barbarian Rogue in a pick-up-group in High Hold Keep.

After about an hour I started getting /tells from a guy in the group. He was flirting with me, saying "you're really hot and sexy" and asking about my personal information. Turns out he was a 15 year old boy. When I told him I was "50 and a dude" he promptly left the group and logged out.

The poor guy was probably scarred for life LOL !

(yes, I do play a lot of alts and a few are female)
    Dual Targeting - The Targeting System of the Modern MMO

If the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was made by today's MMO designers, the first 8 hours would be condensed into 30 minutes, and the last hour would be stretched out over 8.5 hours. It would be all about 'The Ending' and not about 'The Journey'.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast