+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First video of GW2 gameplay

Default First video of GW2 gameplay

http://www.massively.com/2010/08/17/...play-released/

so from what you can see, can it compete with RIFT?
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

this should go to off topic
    But But it worked in Dev!

I was somewhat unimpressed and was expecting more.
    So much to do, so little time. We must get to work! Zathras! Zathras! Grrr, never around when he is needed!

I'm sure Guild Wars may have an advantage in PvP over most games but I still think it won't compare to Rift on the PvE side of things.

First: it's early gameplay for that game I suppose. Second: Gw2 will be hyped as much as possible by the devs, stating revolutionary new game mechanics, that may or may not be much to talk about - all this to max their only income box sales...

It looks more and more like Gw2 will be able to take a large part of WoW subscribers. I'm not implying gw2 is a clone gameplay wise, but it seems like it is going to cater to a crowd with a certain mindset. It will probably have a huge following, and so will other 2011 games, but there is room for several on the market including Rift.

Personally, gw2 sank as my own picture of all the hyped features came into focus in my mind....

PS. That cannon shooting reminded me of the daily quests in Wotlk.

That video bored me to tears, the gameplay looks horrid, and the game itself looks boring.

/agree. GW1 was fun for me for about two weeks, then I got bored. People say there's so much to do once you get 20, but there really isn't. It's just grinding the same locations over and over to get the materials for better things. It's pretty, plays well, and lacks any real content of games like Rift.

Looks pretty interesting as far as the style of combat and visuals go, but hard to say anything beyond that since you can barely even hear what the person giving the presentation about the game is saying and also it is rather obvious that the character they used in the video had some GM powers toggled on like "invisbility" so the mobs didn't react at all even if they got hit. ( until at the very end of the video where they disabled it )
    Last edited by AyameArai; 08-17-2010 at 10:31 PM.

I'm... actually a little bit dissapointed with this... I hear all those great stories about GW2, how it will be the best MMO ever and how it will change the face of MMOs, yet here they show us some common MMO combat with quests

i don't what people were expecting, it looks like your standard run of the mill PVE, but they never said they were changing that. its other mechanics that they were revolutionizing.

I don't know I liked the look of it ... it seemed very fun.

WTB the above item .... mine broke

i liked the graphics (although filmed with the kitchen sink it seems you could see the effects on those weapons were awesome), like the map (how cool was that zoom in/out effect) and liked the TEXT announce thingy of EVENT NEARBY or smth
    otherwise, seemed boring, again the 10 slot fixed bar :\ oh and ... every1 can revive , come on
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

+ Reply to Thread