+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So I loaded up my WoW account with another 10 Day Trail

Default So I loaded up my WoW account with another 10 Day Trail

Yeah, I went and done it!

Just because I could not log on to Allods last night for some reason when I got home. When I finally got the thing downloaded and installed I was like... "really?"

IMHO Allods Looks better than WoW. The only thing different is you have to spend about $15 to $20 USD a month in the cash shop, where as in WoW you have to pay $50 USD for the box game then a $14.99 USD a month subscription fee on top of that. And, folks are complaining about having to spend money in the cash shop to play.

I look at F2P games as "Perma-Trial" Games. If you like the game, and plan on staying around and playing it for a while. Your going to have to put a little money in it at some point. That is what they are in business for...to make money. Like what is the big deal?

Even if you play a game like say "WoW" on a private server, they want you to give donations, or as we have recently seen charge you for micro-purchases.

I think all Allods needs to do is fix a couple bugs (mainly UI Bugs) and maybe add some voice macros to some of the Emotes, and NPC and it's good to go, just like WoW.

Anyway, I think WoW's graphics are a little dated, hopefully they will add some graphics updates to it in this upcoming expansion pack sort of like Eve did to polish it up a little more. Maybe some new "Skins" on some things and such.

And, folks were doing the same thing in game when I logged off 3 years ago. Riding around on there latest mount, hopping around in the main cities.

Anyway, thats what I did last night. Downloaded WoW, while I played Allods! haha.
    Last edited by Sethalus; 08-17-2010 at 09:42 AM.

but.. in some F2P games you can change in-game currency for cash shop items / currency, so you can play the game for free and have the cash shop items aswell
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

I enjoy WoW's graphics, they fit what I personally like. People say it looks "cartoony", well a cartoon is a sketch or a drawing so I wouldn't say so . Though I know what they mean, I guess some people like the realistic look (Aion) and some like the fantasy, dreamland look (WoW).
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by g0kuenuan View Post
    but.. in some F2P games you can change in-game currency for cash shop items / currency, so you can play the game for free and have the cash shop items aswell
    Yeah, true. But the point being is, although they say it is free, yes it is free to play. However, they are going to be looking for ways to get you to buy cash shop items, I.E. Purification Scroll cause you died now your weapon is cursed. How about this...?

Don't die. lol I see folks going on about they want strict death penalties...there you go...don't die or you got to spend some real life money to get it fixed. That's a pretty strict one if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by aahingenuity View Post
    I enjoy WoW's graphics, they fit what I personally like. People say it looks "cartoony", well a cartoon is a sketch or a drawing so I wouldn't say so . Though I know what they mean, I guess some people like the realistic look (Aion) and some like the fantasy, dreamland look (WoW).
    I enjoy'd WoW's graphics at one time. But the point I'm trying to make is that Allods basically is "Cartoony" just like WoW is. Only Allods seems to look a little more crisp than WoW does now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethalus View Post
    Just because I could not log on to Allods last night for some reason when I got home. When I finally got the thing downloaded and installed I was like... "really?"
    I went 'oh really, what the **..' on one of my rebounds back in 2007...

I miss WOW a lot after playing for 5 years, but 5 is enough. I became extremely bored with it, just always hanging around GS, going AFK and surfing the net, even the raids got boring.
    Bloody it was on the front of its chest
    and long it barked at the father of magic;
    on rode Odin, the road resounded,
    he approached the high hall of Hel.

+ Reply to Thread