+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 107

Thread: No Real Point

  1. #1
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,771

    Default No Real Point

    in my continuing to bash Trion. I've said enough on these forums about the kind of game I want to play. Rift isn't it, obviously.

    Just as obviously, a lot of people think this game is going fine just the way it is. Anyone who follows my posting history knows there's a plethora of things I don't like about Rift, but I think it's not necessarily good to judge Rift on solely what I want in a game. And there are things about Rift I do enjoy, I just don't enjoy them enough to outweigh the things that drive me nuts.

    On the positive side, Rift is a beautiful world. It has a lot of fun achievements. It has fun open world content. It has good dungeons, and I'm pretty sure good raids, though I didn't gear up for them to try them first hand.

    For some players, it has exactly what they're looking for, and that's okay.

    I won't be adding to negative Rift posts anymore. All I'll do is defend other games, if people try to spread misinformation about them, but I've said all I intend to about what I feel is missing, or what doesn't appeal to me personally.

    To those who love Rift, I'm happy for you. I wish you many great years exploring and beating the hell out of bad guys in Telara. And I wish Trion success with both Rift and their future projects.

    This isn't a leaving post, because I'm not leaving. I just feel that I've had my say, and adding to it now is neither gracious nor does it offer anything of value to the Rift community.

    Have fun all.
    Last edited by nagennif; 07-13-2011 at 03:10 AM.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple Sapiorion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Who cares man?

    go outside or something.
    [URL=http://img59.imageshack.us/i/herorangersigdoubleruug.jpg/]<img src=http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2689/herorangersigdoubleruug.jpg border=0 alt= />

    Sapiorion - Sagespire - Rogue <Faith>

  3. #3
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapiorion View Post
    Who cares man?

    go outside or something.
    There are people who might care. Since I've developed lots of friends on these forums, some of them might actually wonder why I stopped posting, particularly on the types of threads we kept meeting up on.

    It's clear you don't care, nor should you. But certain people have a presence on the forums. If you end up that way, you end up with forum friends and maybe forum enemies too.

    I'm just excusing myself from the ruckus for their benefit and mine....not yours.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nagennif View Post
    There are people who might care. Since I've developed lots of friends on these forums, some of them might actually wonder why I stopped posting, particularly on the types of threads we kept meeting up on.

    It's clear you don't care, nor should you. But certain people have a presence on the forums. If you end up that way, you end up with forum friends and maybe forum enemies too.

    I'm just excusing myself from the ruckus for their benefit and mine....not yours.
    Our games are coming.. I hope.. I have to be strong and have faith.. but until them, I'll keep playing Zynga's Empire and Allies.. It's more fun then Rift.. LOL

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rydeson View Post
    Our games are coming.. I hope.. I have to be strong and have faith.. but until them, I'll keep playing Zynga's Empire and Allies.. It's more fun then Rift.. LOL
    I just spend too much of my time repeating the same stuff over and over again in different threads. It's sorta not effective use of space. I'd much rather find something to do that's more productive.

  6. #6
    Ascendant xtorma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapiorion View Post
    Who cares man?

    go outside or something.
    You're so cool.
    Minsc and Boo
    All time favorite RPG characters.

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xtorma View Post
    You're so cool.
    lolol...thanks for stopping by. As always...you've made me laugh.

  8. #8
    Prophet of Telara Pipra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nagennif View Post
    This isn't a leaving post, because I'm not leaving.
    I don't get it. You don't like the game, but you're going to keep paying for it?

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,291

    Default

    I was very angry recently with the creators but having reflected on it I believe they have my best interests at heart. I guess you not wanting to leave really means you're tempted by the product and realise its potential and quality. You also probably don't want to be left out when the pack moves on. The game may have some issues but on the whole when the masses play as they are designed its classic. The game is fighting to keep players out of dungeons and get the action in the world so as many can enjoy as possible. I do believe it is slowly working. In time waiting for dungeons may just become a thing of the past. I do hope so. And this appears to be the only game offering this opportunity.

    I am staying with the pack I have to say and looking forward to loads more fun.

    Good luck hiding in the shadows... Maybe you will come out when you realise the game is the bright light after all. Certainly feels that way at the moment.

  10. #10
    Ascendant xtorma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pipra View Post
    I don't get it. You don't like the game, but you're going to keep paying for it?
    Six monther.
    Minsc and Boo
    All time favorite RPG characters.

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pipra View Post
    I don't get it. You don't like the game, but you're going to keep paying for it?
    Of course not. I enjoyed the game when it first came out, and bought a six month sub that doesn't expire till early October. I still have friends on the forum, and I still have interest in the genre in general. If something cool happens or is announced before my sub expires, I might go check it out....why not? I paid for the sub, after all.

    When my sub finally does run out, October 4th I think it is, I'll obviously not be around anymore. That's still months away though. So for now, I'll just hang out, check out the forums out of interest, see if anything changes that might make logging in fun for a while...some new event, or whatever.

    I won't give Trion MORE of my money but I might as well get my money's worth for the money already spent, no?

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser Rakanishu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapiorion View Post
    Who cares man?

    *Raises hand* Err.. me and a few others too, I'm sure.
    As it stands now, our characters are more replaceable than our gear...
    My character is not a coat hanger!

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple Deadskin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    150

    Default

    First rule of all entertainment.

    Enjoy it while you can. When you cannot... go do something else. Just don't be a negative nancy and try to convince everyone that it is no good because you personally don't like it anymore.

  14. #14
    Sword of Telara Zahne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    895

    Default

    It's cool if you don't enjoy the game. Your also welcome to troll these forums until your sub runs out, and as someone that enjoys the game I can only thank you for contributing cold-hard cash towards making sure it remains healthy and active.

  15. #15
    Champion Saeleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nagennif View Post
    in my continuing to bash Trion. I've said enough on these forums about the kind of game I want to play. Rift isn't it, obviously.

    Just as obviously, a lot of people think this game is going fine just the way it is. Anyone who follows my posting history knows there's a plethora of things I don't like about Rift, but I think it's not necessarily good to judge Rift on solely what I want in a game. And there are things about Rift I do enjoy, I just don't enjoy them enough to outweigh the things that drive me nuts.

    On the positive side, Rift is a beautiful world. It has a lot of fun achievements. It has fun open world content. It has good dungeons, and I'm pretty sure good raids, though I didn't gear up for them to try them first hand.

    For some players, it has exactly what they're looking for, and that's okay.

    I won't be adding to negative Rift posts anymore. All I'll do is defend other games, if people try to spread misinformation about them, but I've said all I intend to about what I feel is missing, or what doesn't appeal to me personally.

    To those who love Rift, I'm happy for you. I wish you many great years exploring and beating the hell out of bad guys in Telara. And I wish Trion success with both Rift and their future projects.

    This isn't a leaving post, because I'm not leaving. I just feel that I've had my say, and adding to it now is neither gracious nor does it offer anything of value to the Rift community.

    Have fun all.
    No real point in this post. Reported for trolling enjoy the ban.
    Vanilla Rift (Cleared) - ToDQ 4/4 - FT 4/4 - EE 5/5 - GA 1/4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts