+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The end is friday!

Default The end is friday!

Harry Potter ends on Friday =(

I heard she said in an interview last October she was contemplating an 8th book...who knows what it would be about. I kind of consider the story finished though, your thoughts?
    Onolawk - 60 Guardian Mage
    Former Maximation Raider

Considering the popularity of the series (I'm not a fan myself) I don't know why there couldn't be a new saga featuring the same universe. I admittedly never read the books or saw the movies, so I dunno, but unless the main character was vaporized and the universe calapsed into paradox, a creative mind could theoretically continue the story. Or even a spin off with another character taking the place of Harry Potter as the main character and having their own adventure.
    Last edited by Sinndel; 07-12-2011 at 01:41 PM.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    Considering the popularity of the series (I'm not a fan myself) I don't know why there couldn't be a new saga featuring the same universe. I admittedly never read the books or saw the movies, so I dunno, but unless the main character was vaporized and the universe calapsed into paradox, a creative mind could theoretically continue the story. Or even a spin off with another character taking the place of Harry Potter as the main character and having their own adventure.

What's crazy is this series has outsold every other book series ever...even more than LOTR. Franchise wise, it is looking to pass Star Wars here pretty soon.
    Former Maximation Raider

Quote Originally Posted by crono14 View Post
    What's crazy is this series has outsold every other book series ever...even more than LOTR. Franchise wise, it is looking to pass Star Wars here pretty soon.
    Yeah, I mean I have to give the author credit she's like the Blizzard of literature.

She managed to write an epic that attracted the imaginations of a demographic not before thought possible. Young kids, teenagers, young adults, adults and even seniors love it. Me, I can't say the same for me. Just not into it I guess.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Harry Potter and the Phantom Menace..I can see it now

Yeah, I mean I have to give the author credit she's like the Blizzard of literature.

She managed to write an epic that attracted the imaginations of a demographic not before thought possible. Young kids, teenagers, young adults, adults and even seniors love it. Me, I can't say the same for me. Just not into it I guess.
    I am just jealous I didn't have this idea, but I have no writing imagination. She is actually pretty humble even though she's a billionaire heh.

Although, I am a bigger fan of LOTR though, all the backstory from the Silmarion all the way to the end is just epic, Tolkien will always be the father of fantasy.
    Former Maximation Raider

Quote Originally Posted by Adeezha View Post
    Harry Potter and the Phantom Menace..I can see it now

Obi Ron Kenobi right =p?
    Former Maximation Raider

I am just jealous I didn't have this idea, but I have no writing imagination. She is actually pretty humble even though she's a billionaire heh.

Although, I am a bigger fan of LOTR though, all the backstory from the Silmarion all the way to the end is just epic, Tolkien will always be the father of fantasy.
    Agreed. Although I have to admit I've never read the Silmarillion. Maybe something I should correct O_o

Agreed. Although I have to admit I've never read the Silmarillion. Maybe something I should correct O_o
    It was written a long time ago, so it is a hard read. I would definitely suggest it though, pretty much explains EVERYTHING, the creation of Middle-Earth, sauron's boss and the creation of everything. The first age- third age.
    Former Maximation Raider

If she does make an 8th book I hope that it's about Harry's parents at Hogwarts cause I would prefer that than Harry's and those people's kids at Hogwarts.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure."
    -Homer J. Simpson

Shield of Telara

Yay, another book. I hope Snape is out of it forever.
    Apparently, I cheered about the last green puzzle piece for nothing. I can't play now at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarkawelian View Post
    If she does make an 8th book I hope that it's about Harry's parents at Hogwarts cause I would prefer that than Harry's and those people's kids at Hogwarts.
    Nah, you'd already know the ending. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lienda View Post
    Yay, another book. I hope Snape is out of it forever.
    I actually hope all the ugly read headed brit kids are out of it forever. Oh darn, that would be...80% of the entire cast...
    Last edited by Chomag; 07-12-2011 at 09:57 PM.

She has already said she would not be doing any prequels....so it would come after with Harry's kids probably and ron's kids and draco's
    Former Maximation Raider

She has already said she would not be doing any prequels....so it would come after with Harry's kids probably and ron's kids and draco's
    Yeah I don't really care which one she picks I'm sure that it would still be as awesome as the other books.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure."
    -Homer J. Simpson

Yeah I don't really care which one she picks I'm sure that it would still be as awesome as the other books.

I think it would be kind of funny to see the dynamics of Ron and Hermoine actually being together, and their kids messing with eachother
    Former Maximation Raider

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast