+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Somehow...

Ascendant

Default Somehow...

I don't think the Trion mods will miss me when I'm gone. lol

Subscription runs out in early October. I'll keep them busy till then by fighting the good fight and trying to encourage people to ask for more immersion in their MMOs.

Yes, I know, I used the "i" word again. I'm an immersion player, what can I do?

Shadowlander

5 or 6 days on mine..

bye

Soulwalker

What exactly are your issues?

5 more days for me.
    Minsc and Boo
    All time favorite RPG characters.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by PuyallupHero View Post
    What exactly are your issues?
    Here I go again. better yet, you can just search on the thread immersion players unite, which the devs decided to move to off topic. I think it scared them. lol

Quote Originally Posted by nagennif View Post
    Here I go again. better yet, you can just search on the thread immersion players unite, which the devs decided to move to off topic. I think it scared them. lol
    funny how they waited until it had so many pages. Maybe they like you more than you think
    Minsc and Boo

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by xtorma View Post
    funny how they waited until it had so many pages. Maybe they like you more than you think
    Maybe they got mad I offended someone in the thread lol

Ascendant

Maybe it's their subtle way of saying Rift will never be an immersion oriented game, therefore the discussion is completely off-topic.

They were really agreeing with you.
    Last edited by Kymeric; 07-10-2011 at 02:57 PM.
    The Roguepocalypse is upon us!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post
    Maybe it's their subtle way of saying Rift will never be an immersion oriented game, therefore the discussion is completely off-topic.
    LMAO! Good point. I hadn't thought of that. Well, at least I have a bunch of friends in Rift who'll be in my GW 2 guild when I get there.

There's a bright side to everything. lol

I think it looks off-topicy because it's pitched in terms of persuading MMO developers in general to think more about immersion.

I have trained mice which have infiltrated the Trion buildings, and they have reported back that Trion will be improving immersion a lot over the next few years. ... Wait, no. I misunderstood. Apparently, what they meant to tell me is that one of those cheese and cracker things you get in vending machines fell behind a cabinet.

I don't think it's necessarily a good idea to draw a negative inference from moving things to "off topic". All the forum mods participate there moderately actively, and they clearly read threads. Doesn't mean they can instantly do things about them, but...
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    I think it looks off-topicy because it's pitched in terms of persuading MMO developers in general to think more about immersion.

I have trained mice which have infiltrated the Trion buildings, and they have reported back that Trion will be improving immersion a lot over the next few years. ... Wait, no. I misunderstood. Apparently, what they meant to tell me is that one of those cheese and cracker things you get in vending machines fell behind a cabinet.

I don't think it's necessarily a good idea to draw a negative inference from moving things to "off topic". All the forum mods participate there moderately actively, and they clearly read threads. Doesn't mean they can instantly do things about them, but...
    Except that they waited 30 pages into the thread to move it, and at the time they moved it, we were talking about Rift. lol

Unless they are I quit threads, no matter how well those are disguised, they never last more than 3 pages. hehe.
    Minsc and Boo

Except that they waited 30 pages into the thread to move it, and at the time they moved it, we were talking about Rift. lol
    They're not always really aggressive about moves. It's not a point of dogmatism the way, say, overt insults might be.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Don't know how long my sub is.

Probably not even going to bother with it and just play CoH.
    127% of internet statistics are made up on the spot.

Never trust obscure quotes from famous people on the internet. -George Washington

Ascendant

They're not always really aggressive about moves. It's not a point of dogmatism the way, say, overt insults might be.
    I don't really have a conspiracy theory over it. Just odd that they waited days to move it. If they'd left it for days, why move it now. But I don't really care.

I think it's funny.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast