+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: And I thought wow players were bad, this is the complete opposite.

Default And I thought wow players were bad, this is the complete opposite.

I thought wow players were bad constantly trolling and complaining an yelling at each other. This community is the complete opposite. Nobody says a thing, nobody talks nobody helps anyone, nobody even yells or trolls or anything. I log in and I swear I must be playing a single player game like .hack or something. Everyone is just so freaking quiet. Nothing ever goes on. Nothing ever gets said but gold spammers. I get more talk in channels from gold spammers.

This is driving me nuts. WHY DOESN"T PEOPLE DO ANYTHING?!

Ascendant

Maybe you're really the only player on your server and everyone else is just a bot. Ever think of that? lol

I've honestly thought that has to be the answer. Like nobody talks at all. It's annoying. It's just as bad as wow's player base in my opinion. I'm playing an MMO for the multiplayer part. This feels like a really big single player game right now.

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

maybe they are too busy chatting on voice coms with their guild?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawPlankton View Post
    maybe they are too busy chatting on voice coms with their guild?
    Pretty much this. I'm usually chatting with my guild. Mostly text rather than voice, but we have a vent server as well. The MMO community is moving to guild based more and more. Finding a good guild makes any MMO better.

Rift Chaser

What shard are you on?

I used to think the way you did, swapped shards and it's been like night and day. People talk constantly, are polite and helpful.

Justv ONCE I'd like to see a good guildless MMO.

You need to look for shortcomings in yourself before you look for them in others. Otherwise, you're just a fat bluff and your word means nothing.

I'm on Alsbeth Guardian. Thought it was one of the bigger shards. I've asked around what shards people recommended but again, nobody responded so I picked one that was higher population.

When you finally get someone to talk, it's worse then WoWs community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by H3artless View Post
    I thought wow players were bad constantly trolling and complaining an yelling at each other. This community is the complete opposite. Nobody says a thing, nobody talks nobody helps anyone, nobody even yells or trolls or anything. I log in and I swear I must be playing a single player game like .hack or something. Everyone is just so freaking quiet. Nothing ever goes on. Nothing ever gets said but gold spammers. I get more talk in channels from gold spammers.

Well the chat system in this game is very limiting. I feel the same way... A lot of the time it feels like an online single player game. I know global channels get bad but an optional global channel would help. If players don't like that idea, simple, they don't subscribe to it. That way everyone is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by H3artless View Post

saw a hardcore raider say this ... "if you're not in my guild you're an NPC to me".

i think thats the mentality of many in this game.

WTB the above item .... mine broke

And thats bad because???? Stop expecting people to play the same game you do, expectation is the seed of dissapointment. If you want to talk, try making friends, it works just as well in video games as it does in the real world, outside your basement.

Sunspots the Retired
    Once R8 Guardian Cleric of Seastone
    Proud Alumni of [breaking bads]

Observe my Past Glory in Video Format here!!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Belterra View Post
    Justv ONCE I'd like to see a good guildless MMO.
    Why? If MMOs are about community (massive multiplayer) then having people to play with allt he time if you need them is an advantage, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspots View Post
    And thats bad because???? Stop expecting people to play the same game you do, expectation is the seed of dissapointment. If you want to talk, try making friends, it works just as well in video games as it does in the real world, outside your basement.
    To the op. This post is exactly why you should be rejoicing about chat silence. opinions that end with an insult.
    Minsc and Boo
    All time favorite RPG characters.

Quote Originally Posted by xtorma View Post
    To the op. This post is exactly why you should be rejoicing about chat silence. opinions that end with an insult.
    My honest opinion is if you're going to ignore the entire community but your guild. Quite and go play final fantasy or demon's soul or something. This honestly isn't the genre for you guys. I got into MMO's because they had that sense of community. You had a common goal, kill the other side. You helped your fellow players (generally speaking). However Rift is a game that requires a community. You can't solo rifts etc. you need more people. If you are going to ignore them and only do what your guild says, you've become a slave to your guild and honestly need to give up the game at that point.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast