+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift fans!! Left handers need your help!!!

Default Rift fans!! Left handers need your help!!!

RIFT fans help your fellow left handers by going to Min-Liang Tan's facebook page and finding the post below and sharing it / liking it and make him provide us with our very own left handed gaming mouse!!

The post is on May the 17th you have to scroll down and click the olde rpost button to get to it. I would link to it if I knew how!!

Let's show Razer what the RIFT community is all about hey ?

Thankyou in advance to everyone that helps especially you right handers out there

Min-Liang Tan
    Left handed gamers walk a rough road. Our oft neglected left-handed brethren have found a FPS weapon in our DeathAdder Left-Hand Edition, but what about those who level and raid? Iíve recently seen posts cropping up from lefties wishing to get their dominant hand on the Naga and my question to you is thisÖ

Do you want Razer to make a left-handed Naga?

We want to hear what the south paws have to say. If you know any lefty gamers, share this post with them. Give them a voice. If you want to see a left-handed Naga for sale, speak now.

Like this post. Share it. Rise up and let your voices be heard! This is your chance tell us what you want. The only way this product will ever get made is if you demand it. So whatís it going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Edowado View Post
    I agree with the dwarf

I've learnt to use my right hand for my mouse but hey it'd be different just to try it.
    [SIZE="4"][B][I]Subscribe to MrRise87 and MrKashmire299 on Youtube - Kashmire299, for great Rift videos.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrRise87
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrKashmire299
    Follow Kashmire299 on Twitter

RIFT Community Ambassador Laughter's Avatar

Left Handers Unite!

I once got a refrigerator magnet for a friend: "Hire the left-handed. It's fun to watch them write."

But, seriously, if you desire a left-handed mouse, why not contact the customer service department of the company that makes the mouse you want to see in a left-handed version and tell them? Perhaps if enough people contact them directly, they will see a potential profit in tooling up a manufacturing line in reverse to make those mice.

Edit: What about the keyboard? I notice that it has a definite directionality, as well, with the cursor keys on the right, and those "G" keys on the left (Logitech G15 keyboard). Is that a problem for left-handers?
    Last edited by Palvy; 07-08-2011 at 04:17 AM.

Ascendant

Left handed mouse users fascinate me.
    I am a lefty as far as writing, baseball, shooting, but my mouse is right hand. Why? That's the side it was on when I was first introduced to one.

Maybe I'm not a full blown lefty? I don't think ambidextrous applies because I cannot do with my right hand what I do with the left and visa versa.

How did you come to use the mouse in the left hand?
    Last edited by Nestran; 07-08-2011 at 05:43 AM.

Sword of Telara

Well, if you're left handed it would help if you purchase their left handed DeathAdder. I'm sure they will go by those sales figures to determine if a left handed version their Naga would turn a profit.

I would love to see a left handed Naga.

And btw Razer's Lachesis is not a bad choice for lefties. It ambidextrous with 9 programmable buttons. Its not as comfortable as a regular mouse, but you can get used to it.

I'm kinda the same as Nestran...

I learned to use a mouse with my right hand, and get this, i also use the number pad with my right hand.

I'm not too hurt by not having a left handed mouse, because i wouldn't use it anyways i think, it would be uncomfortable to use it for me actually i think, heh.

its like driving, if you have the stick on the left side, would that be comfortable for you?....and for the people in the UK, think of it the other way around ofc.

do you ask for left hand cars? O.o...

i dunno, if they make one for those that want it, good for you guys, i support it. But willi ever use it? nope :/

Quote Originally Posted by Palvy View Post
    Edit: What about the keyboard? I notice that it has a definite directionality, as well, with the cursor keys on the right, and those "G" keys on the left (Logitech G15 keyboard). Is that a problem for left-handers?
    Yes it is imho.
    I can not use the regular WSAD key bindings with my right hand so I have to depend on the game to remap all keys to numpad or worse, arrow keys.
    All the gaming keyboards have the special movement keys and/or macro keys on the left side which doesn't work at all for left handers. I would seriously consider buying one if Razer (or anyone else) will release a left handed keyboard with all the special keys on the right side.

I use the Razer DeathAdder LHE simply because it's one of the very few decent left handed mice available.
    | Coolermaster HAF 932 | Asus Sabertooth P67 | Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz | Noctua NH-C14 @ 900rpm | Corsair 16GB Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3 | OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS 120GB SSD | OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD | 2x XFX HD6970 2GB CrossFireX | LG CH08LS BD-ROM | Samsung SyncMaster 244T 24" TFT |

The sinister will rise!

Quote Originally Posted by Adeezha View Post
    The sinister will rise!
    You beat me to it!

I'm a lefty but have used the mouse with my right hand since day one. A left handed mouse would feel alien to me.

Rich Aemry

All the southpaws I know mouse right handed or use and ambidextrous mouse with a right handers' click pattern. It's one of those things like using scissors right handed, we all do it since there was no way to find lefty scissors back in the day.

I don't see that changing much unless some weird law says that schools are required to use ambidextrous mice, but then kids would still use a reversed click style.

Rich Aemry

Quote Originally Posted by Jouhki View Post
    Yes it is imho.
    I can not use the regular WSAD key bindings with my right hand so I have to depend on the game to remap all keys to numpad or worse, arrow keys.
    All the gaming keyboards have the special movement keys and/or macro keys on the left side which doesn't work at all for left handers. I would seriously consider buying one if Razer (or anyone else) will release a left handed keyboard with all the special keys on the right side.

I use the Razer DeathAdder LHE simply because it's one of the very few decent left handed mice available.
    Use a sidewinder X6 keyboard then since the number pad is a macro pad too. BTW for right handed people it's reversible and you can move the numpad to the right side to use as a macro pad.

Speaking as a left handed person, i probably couldn't use my left hand on a mouse ever

Ascendant

I am left-handed for my....finesse activities, except for playing on the computer.

Shadowlander

im a lefty as well, but use the wasd keys for moving and numpad for macros/skills a little weird but works for me, just use mouse for fine tunin views with my right hand

+ Reply to Thread