+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Age of Conan Blood and Glory PvP server. No limits. Idea for Rift?

Default Age of Conan Blood and Glory PvP server. No limits. Idea for Rift?

Age of Conan's hardcore PvP ruleset releasing tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Massively
    "Player looting.

Single character.

No guards.

These are just a few of the choice morsels Funcom has dangled in front of the snapping jaws of its ravenous PvP crowd"
    Any Pvpers think Trion should designate one (just one) trial PvP server into hardcore mode? With the soul system in RIFT, it probably would be much better action than Age of Conan's system.

Since they've already roped off 30 some servers as 'trial', why not make one a hardcore PvP 'trial' server?

(please, if you don't like PvP please, don't respond. It will only derail the thread. Thank you)

Sez

Hardcore is never popular.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

I'm tempted to go back, if they had left the pvp servers alone from the beginning and simply fixed sieges they might not have had to go free to play. Those servers were the most active and consistent communities.
    "Never give up and never surrender!"

So, it's just you 57 cops against KUNG FU JOE? Master of KUNG-FU, KARATE, JIU-JITSU, and all kinds of other shiz you ain't never heard of! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Quote Originally Posted by kashaun View Post
    I'm tempted to go back, if they had left the pvp servers alone from the beginning and simply fixed sieges they might not have had to go free to play. Those servers were the most active and consistent communities.
    You think this is something that possibly could work on just one server in RIFT?

If RIFT had this as one server, would you try it out?

I would definitely resub and try it out. Being one server most of the people interested in open pvp would most likely be there, but there would have to be some things to fight and compete for. As I've mentioned before, using the invasions, wardstones, and footholds already in the game would be great and that world map would mean a lot more to me.

So, it's just you 57 cops against KUNG FU JOE? Master of KUNG-FU, KARATE, JIU-JITSU, and all kinds of other shiz you ain't never heard of! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Quote Originally Posted by kashaun View Post
    I would definitely resub and try it out. Being one server most of the people interested in open pvp would most likely be there, but there would have to be some things to fight and compete for. As I've mentioned before, using the invasions, wardstones, and footholds already in the game would be great and that world map would mean a lot more to me.
    The type of server I'm talking about like Blood and Glory is a free for all server, body looting, gankfest. People form their own squads like in Darkfall and you can kill anyone.

Hmm.. now that you mention it, with invasions and rifts on a free for all, corpselooting server.. that would be pretty hardcore. You'd be running from some people and run smack into an invasion. The mobs would kill you, then those guys loot your body. (unless mob death can't cause loot loss)

Probably be tough with outposts shut down because no one on a corpse server would be clearing towns much, lol.

I guess I just had to see it written to realize that kind of server wouldn't work in Rift for PvP.

Well I meant that you could attach yourself to invasions or protect or attack foot holds and wardstones, gaining rewards for your faction or guild for a time, something simple of course. I've posted it before, it could have been a sort of Total War mmo, which GW2 is sort of doing on their WvWvW server. Looking at the world map would really give you a sense of being part of the world as you're taking part in how the map changes. It would also in a way spread out but at the same time centralize pvp, instead of only having random ganking here and there and then large zergs in the same spot all of the time.

This type of realm would be like a tournament played by gankers, ******s and emos all wanting to troll eachother into oblivion.

The ppl will start leaving as they get to their own conclusions:
    a) they aren't good enough to stay alive
    b) there is no fun having no pve-ers/scrubs to gank
    c) they realise hardcore pvp realms are actually very tiresome after a while

And so it came to pass that of all the 1000 players on the realm only Returd McGanker Van Emo and his band of merry men was left on the realm...until Returd ganked his own guild and they left too.

Im sure ppl will like the IDEEA of such a realm but the reality will be a punch in the face as 99,9% of them just aren't cut out to live in the jungle.
    Last edited by Chomag; 07-08-2011 at 03:11 AM.

Ascendant

I'd love to play something like Diablo's hardcore servers I think Dofus did it too, normal servers but you got only a limited deaths. I played AoC 5 month and boug the expansion and played 1 month, too bad I just cant get exicted it anymore, it was fun game though.
    Last edited by June; 07-08-2011 at 06:06 AM.

There would have to be zero guards in town...but sadly this idea while great in theory; the trolls would ruin the experience. There would have to be some benefit of actually controlling things and going to take them back.
    Onolawk - 60 Guardian Mage
    Former Maximation Raider

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    This type of realm would be like a tournament played by gankers, ******s and emos all wanting to troll eachother into oblivion.

The ppl will start leaving as they get to their own conclusions:
    a) they aren't good enough to stay alive
    b) there is no fun having no pve-ers/scrubs to gank
    c) they realise hardcore pvp realms are actually very tiresome after a while

And so it came to pass that of all the 1000 players on the realm only Returd McGanker Van Emo and his band of merry men was left on the realm...until Returd ganked his own guild and they left too.

Im sure ppl will like the IDEEA of such a realm but the reality will be a punch in the face as 99,9% of them just aren't cut out to live in the jungle.
    The top15 wow servers as rated on wow progress are 14 PVP servers and 1 pve. If anything it seems that those crying about pvp are equally worthless at pve. Not until rank 60 and up do you see pvp and pve servers appear equally.

Sure, wow world pvp is dead, still, it's the pvp'ers that gather on pvp servers, and carebears that go 'oh noes, pvp, I will stay away from those'.

Not good enough to stay alive is irrelevant on a server like that, it will mainly come down to numbers, guilds and friends.

To the OP, I would roll on that server.

And here's the kicker: No transfers off.... and every single one of your characters auto-transfers to the server.

Mwuahahahahahaha.
    127% of internet statistics are made up on the spot.

Never trust obscure quotes from famous people on the internet. -George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Mystral View Post
    The top15 wow servers as rated on wow progress are 14 PVP servers and 1 pve. If anything it seems that those crying about pvp are equally worthless at pve. Not until rank 60 and up do you see pvp and pve servers appear equally.

Sure, wow world pvp is dead, still, it's the pvp'ers that gather on pvp servers, and carebears that go 'oh noes, pvp, I will stay away from those'.

Not good enough to stay alive is irrelevant on a server like that, it will mainly come down to numbers, guilds and friends.

To the OP, I would roll on that server.
    There is a difference between pvp realms and hardcore pvp realm. I hardly think anyone except rogues would like to play in a constant battleground.
    Last edited by Chomag; 07-08-2011 at 12:56 PM.

The AoC pvp servers were the most vibrant and active, the populations hadn't gone down until the FC put in guards and other checks to limit pvp and failed to support sieges which was the games huge selling point.

I am not an avid PVP'er but I support Trion doing this simply because more choices = more players.

+ Reply to Thread