Closed Thread

Thread: S.978 and what will it mean for us?

Default S.978 and what will it mean for us?

S.978 states we cant place copyright material on the internet as a video or picture UNLESS we get specific permission from the owner of the property, Would a single statement from Trion or any other product owner stating that all are allowed to show their property through video or picture be sufficient enough for us all to be once again able to post videos or pictures as Trion has told us to make videos and take pictures and then allow us to connect to third party resources to share this.

If the bill passes what will it mean for us as a community?
    healer: easy
    dps: easy
    tank: OMGWTFBBQ WHY IS HE THERE WHAT OH CRAP COME BACK HERE STAY HERE OH GOD THERES MORE HEAL ME HEAL ME HEAL ME HEAL ME!!! oh im alive, that was easy lets do it again

Plane Touched

Nothing. You can't prosecute anon.

Prophet of Telara

It means go to the thread already about it in the off topic forum

Why are there so many threads derping it up about this bill? We have permission via the license we bought from Trion to play their game. This does not affect us in anyway, unless you're pirating movies and music on the side.
    Last edited by Sinndel; 07-03-2011 at 04:50 AM.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    This does not affect us in anyway, unless you're pirating movies and music on the side.

Which most of us probably are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Naronas View Post
    Which most of us probably are.
    Well stop that!
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

I'll take the fact that Trion gave us the ability to capture video and upload to YouTube in game as all the permission I need to do so for this game.

This bill means nothing if you are not breaking the law.

All it does is add protection to copyrighted materials.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Quote Originally Posted by Romiz View Post
    This bill means nothing if you are not breaking the law.

All it does is add protection to copyrighted materials.
    if there is already laws making everything illegal that this bill would be making illegal, then there is zero reason for this bill..
    the beatings will continue until morale improves

Quote Originally Posted by Atavax View Post
    if there is already laws making everything illegal that this bill would be making illegal, then there is zero reason for this bill..
    The only reason for this bill is to make what were formerly civil suits into criminal acts. Copyright infringement was not previously a criminal act, but the holder of the copyright could persue charges at their own discression. If this bill is passed, it will allow law enforcement to track and shut down illicit sites that stream pirated music and video, and charge the operaters under criminal law, without the copyright holders having to find the sites themselves and waste money on a civil suit.

Like the person you quoted said, it's further protection for copyrights.
    Last edited by Sinndel; 07-03-2011 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atavax View Post
    This bill give the company a right to go after the illegal activity.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Asst. Community Manager Walsingham's Avatar

Hi everyone,

We already have several ongoing discussions about this topic. If you'd like to share your thoughts, you'll find the main discussion threads here:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ming-community.

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in one of the threads linked above so we can keep the discussions about this topic a little better consolidated.

As a friendly reminder, we do recommend using the forum search function (searching in thread titles works best) and checking through the last couple pages to see if there is already an existing thread about a topic you'd like to discuss. When topic discussions are consolidated, it not only makes it easier to use the search function, but it also aids the Rift Community and Development Teams when reading the forums and gathering feedback from your posts, ideas, and concerns.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread