+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greatest song you've heard this week - more obscure the better

Rift Master

Default Greatest song you've heard this week - more obscure the better

Best song I've heard this week
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfkaiOaQMoM

The lyrics are soooo - I can find meaning in them about sticking it out when things aren't great.
    Seems like it would make a great drinking chorus too.

I teach English at a university in China. Every other song they play on the loudspeaker (heard by the entire school) is about love your country and love your government. The songs are actually really catchy and I often find myself chanting along and I'm not even Chinese.

I don't have titles, but you can use your imagination to think of a loud Chinese man or a nasal-sounding Chinese woman singing about how awesome China is to classical Chinese instruments. Maybe not obscure in China as you hear it everywhere, but in NA? Sure, why not.

Yeah, China is so great. They execute enough people every year to fill up the entire population of Pennsylvania.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jesstival View Post
    I teach English at a university in China. Every other song they play on the loudspeaker (heard by the entire school) is about love your country and love your government. The songs are actually really catchy and I often find myself chanting along and I'm not even Chinese.

I don't have titles, but you can use your imagination to think of a loud Chinese man or a nasal-sounding Chinese woman singing about how awesome China is to classical Chinese instruments. Maybe not obscure in China as you hear it everywhere, but in NA? Sure, why not.
    win!
    That was a cooky story.
    The only thing I feel bad about concerning American/Asian relations are things like governments turning off their power then blaming americans for it so the propaganda is mind blowing. Saw a documentary about that with Korea specifically so I don't envision it as an isolated incident and these citizens were saying all these horrible things about people they never met because the govt. tells them we are the enemy. Most americans here are so concerned with themselves they don't think twice about what other countries are doing or thwarting them. I know a guy that does IT work in China and he rants about the internet access blocking things, believe they even turned off Google at one point or tried to hack them - who can remember, I'm one of those living my daily life that can't follow every other countries doings in detail but occasionally "hear" things.

Was stressing out a couple days ago, and so i took my laptop and put it in a safest place in the bathroom, put on a shower, and just randomly searched on youtube. Enya. I fell asleep in the shower, but at least im not stressed anymore

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Jesstival View Post
    Every other song they play ... is about love your country and love your government ... I often find myself chanting along...
    Time to start worrying!

This has been stuck in my head all week: Guitar - Akiko. Not sure how "obscure", but pretty cool.

Ascendant
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Thanks for the haircuts.

+ Reply to Thread