+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Plat Selling Spam is getting RIDICULOUS...

Banned

Default Plat Selling Spam is getting RIDICULOUS...

Logged into Sanctum and got chat spammed by 3 plat sellers right off the bat. So I decided to sit and see exactly how many times this spam would show up and by how many people.

5 minutes - 3 individual spammers for the same site, ignored
    10 minutes - 2 more pop up for the same site, ignored
    15 minutes - 2 more, same site, ignored
    20 minutes - 3 more, same site, ignored

This is plain ridiculous. It's getting to the point where people will start spending more time doing the whole click-report-ignore than actually doing whatever they were trying to do in town. Yes, I realize that every game has it's share of sellers, but it's quite apparent to anyone who knows jack about programming that the currently implemented manual-entry string filter is worthless. You can easily tell this is the method used by the fact that every other day the spammers change their messages to add spaces, reorganize letters and now they are even using special characters to form "1337" messages to advertise. (i.e. .c () |\/|)

What makes this truly insulting is that these toons spam their way through the noobie zones, spam all the way to the cities and sit there and spam for days before they MIGHT disappear. I've recently removed spammers I added a few weeks ago (I like a tidy ignore list) and within minutes saw them STILL SPAMMING IN THE CAPITOL.

That said, mods can save their copy/paste response of "if you see someone spamming, click report/ignore". Obviously that doesn't do anything. Instead, I intend to report in a different, and maybe more effective manner: copy/post the same spam repeatedly here so that Trion might get a taste of the irritation that I, as well as thousands of others, have been feeling since launch.

Pro-Tip: As much as I hate to say it, but go look up the dozens of addons for WoW that prevent this type of spam. Obviously these guys have more of a clue than the moron sitting at that desk at this point and may learn something.

Get those itchy "Lock Thread" fingers ready, cause here we go....

(btw, save the infraction PM, I have the "user" blocked and won't "learn my lesson" from it anyways)

EDIT: I should mention this is on Deepstrike, Guardian side
    Last edited by ChaosInc; 06-30-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Banned

Ocyrus: As the leading provider of on-line services, <removed> will be for sure the most wise choice. 1.1 for Ten Platinum

Banned

Alton: <removed> is the best supermarket of rift, and for all the rifters. 10P only 1.1

Banned

Alton: Let us make you happier & richer, check out what we can do for you at <removed>. (yell, trade, general chat, um, 20-29 chat??? WTF???)

What's worse: They are hacking ACTUAL USERS ACCOUNTS to use for this spamming. A guildie of mine was hacked, and now her account is a Plat spambot in Sanctum and totally indistinguishable from the rest. I dont know if she has even heard back from Trion yet, even with our entire guild sending in tickets for it.
    Last edited by Remissus; 06-30-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Banned

Yseria: Hiya. <removed> is promoting their product. Come & Get what you need there. Your visit will be highly apprieated [yes, it was misspelled that way].Get 10 P with 1.1

Banned

Ocyrus: The more often you visited <removed>, the richer you will be in game.Welcome Everyone.Get 10 P with 1.1

Telaran

There are a couple of spammers on Icewatch (Guardian side) that spam and instantly log off so your ignore doesn't work unless you're pretty darn quick. I ended up just leaving the 1-9 channel.

Might rejoin it and join your little effort here. You're right, it's always some URL with spaces or characters between the letters of the domain name. Again and again and again. It's so damned obvious when you've seen a few of them.

If it were my job, I can think of a few ways to stop these messages even getting out. No doubt the spammers would up their game when the filters are improved though Remember the /whisper spam in WoW....
    Last edited by Rigsta; 06-30-2011 at 05:30 PM.

Well, Trion is building those 'spammer jails' over there with all those trial servers. I guess they are going to banish them all there when they lock them down from regular subs. Which begs the question:

Why on earth would you want TRIAL people who are considering buying your game to only have spammers to talk to during their 7 day trial? Talk about putting your worst foot forward.

I can only imagine that trial players will be amazed at two things: the amount of rifts when they hit 'Map' and the amount of goldspammers when they log in.
    Last edited by Laughingstock; 06-30-2011 at 06:04 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock View Post
    Well, Trion is building those 'spammer jails' over there with all those trial servers. I guess they are going to banish them all there when they lock them down from regular subs. Which begs the question:

Why on earth would you want TRIAL people who are considering buying your game to only have spammers to talk to during their 7 day trial? Talk about putting your worst foot forward.

I can only imagine that trial players will be amazed at two things: the amount of rifts when they hit 'Map' and the amount of goldspammers when they log in.
    wtf are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by imperator View Post
    wtf are you talking about?
    Stay tuned.

All will be clear soon.

I keep 'Say','Tell','Yell' as well as the general world channels filtered to a different tab. (Since my guild is on the Guild Teamspeak 3 Server there is no need for typing)

Never see a spammer...

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Remissus View Post
    What's worse: They are hacking ACTUAL USERS ACCOUNTS to use for this spamming. A guildie of mine was hacked, and now her account is a Plat spambot in Sanctum and totally indistinguishable from the rest. I dont know if she has even heard back from Trion yet, even with our entire guild sending in tickets for it.
    really? Ny friend got hacked and had his account back in a few short hours. all his stuffs was returned and he smiled and carried on.

there is a simple fix to gold spammers which nobody seems to use, which makes me think the company gets a kick back or something.

Do not let trial users do yell, trade, "say" etc.

If they want to talk to someone, use a tell.

No mail at all.

This would stop 99% of the gold seller spam.

For the other--hire a person to sit in the city all day and ban those who spam gold selling.
    Last edited by Frakthefriendly; 06-30-2011 at 09:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exxyy View Post
    People acts like they know everything

Quote Originally Posted by Alexis Starfire View Post
    I keep 'Say','Tell','Yell' as well as the general world channels filtered to a different tab. (Since my guild is on the Guild Teamspeak 3 Server there is no need for typing)

Never see a spammer...
    I do the same, but I always feel I'm missing some important chat sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exxyy View Post
    People acts like they know everything

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast