+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Why are we still in a WOW mindset in Rift?

Rich Aemry

Default Why are we still in a WOW mindset in Rift?

Why are we so paranoid that asinine jerks are going to ruin Rift? Those people are still playing WOW because they are sick enough to enjoy it. We on the other hand are playing Rift because we aren't jerks.

I'm not paranoid jerks are going to ruin Rift.

I'm paranoid that Blizzard will bribe Obama into ordering Seal Team Six to assassinate Trion's top officers, and then burn their headquarters. And then we would be forced to salute Seal Team Six because they found incriminating evidence that Trion were communists developing sleeper agents using secret codes in Rift so they could blow up the U.S.'s nuclear missiles above their own air-space, annihilating the entire U.S., allowing Communists to move in and dominate, using our weapons against the world to conquer it all.

See, I'm not paranoid at all.
    127% of internet statistics are made up on the spot.

Never trust obscure quotes from famous people on the internet. -George Washington

Rich Aemry

Quote Originally Posted by Adebar View Post

I'm paranoid that Blizzard will bribe Obama into ordering Seal Team Six to assassinate Trion's top officers, and then burn their headquarters. And then we would be forced to salute Seal Team Six because they found incriminating evidence that Trion were communists developing sleeper agents using secret codes in Rift so they could blow up the U.S.'s nuclear missiles above their own air-space, annihilating the entire U.S., allowing Communists to move in and dominate, using our weapons against the world to conquer it all.

Epic. You should make a game about it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Aemry View Post
    Why are we so paranoid that asinine jerks are going to ruin Rift? Those people are still playing WOW because they are sick enough to enjoy it. We on the other hand are playing Rift because we aren't jerks.
    Making comments like that about WOW players makes you just the same as those you're dissing, you realise that don't you?

Rich Aemry

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    Making comments like that about WOW players makes you just the same as those you're dissing, you realise that don't you?
    No. I wasn't making that statement about all WOWheads. Just the ones that people keep asking for restrictions on this or that to keep out.

The point of this thread is to point out to people that freaking out about some dillweeds ruining Rift like they ruined WOW isn't going to happen since the people they are complaining about are a subset of people who still really enjoy WOW.
    Last edited by Rich Aemry; 06-29-2011 at 11:49 PM.

Shield of Telara

Why are we so paranoid that asinine jerks are going to ruin Rift?
    Yes I am.
    (It doesn't like my post this short, for some reason.)
    Last edited by Lienda; 06-30-2011 at 06:20 AM.

All I have to say about this thread title and general tone is an old Chinese proverb to the effect of "Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it."

Remember "We aren't in Azeroth anymore" and "Join our Horde". Remember all the comparisions made by Trion intentionally.

Then read my sig and ponder on the consequences.

Rich Aemry

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock View Post
    All I have to say about this thread title and general tone is an old Chinese proverb to the effect of "Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it."

Remember "We aren't in Azeroth anymore" and "Join our Horde". Remember all the comparisions made by Trion intentionally.

Then read my sig and ponder on the consequences.
    I think there are a lot of people who are still in the fear-mode of looking over their shoulder for a mugger when we don't live in the Bronx anymore. Trion has done well in policing jerkwads and so long as they stay vigilant they will stay away and we need not all walk with our purses inside our jackets.
    Last edited by Rich Aemry; 06-30-2011 at 08:39 AM.

Only whining infants think that the choice of video game A over video game B makes someone a jerk. You are really one of the most pathetic posters I have seen on this forum.
    I live my life with bold enthusiasm tempered by the hope that when I die it won't be reported in News of the Weird or the Darwin Awards.

Visit the scenic Isle of Langerhans dimension, Faeblight server.

Rich Aemry

Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    Only whining infants think that the choice of video game A over video game B makes someone a jerk. You are really one of the most pathetic posters I have seen on this forum.
    You don't get my point. My question was in essence why are people worried rift will become WOW? The people who like WOW more still play WOW. You have made an assumption based on an inference with no implication. If you actually read what I said you would find that there is no actual generalization made there. The Azeroth people have left behind isn't here, and they need to quit worrying that it's following them.

There is no need for hostility.
    Last edited by Rich Aemry; 06-30-2011 at 06:06 PM.

You don't get my point. My question was in essence why are people worried rift will become WOW?
    See my sig.

Rich Aemry

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock View Post
    See my sig.
    Huffing IMO. Trion wants everyone to think those 600,000 people are all playing Rift, and that's just not the case. Some are, but Rift usually has nice people. There are some rude people here, and the game and forums have become less friendly since school let out for the summer as well. Still the specific group of people that many left WOW for and want to keep out aren't here, they prefer WOW.

This was my sarcastic way of saying, "lets leave the past behind us," and just play Rift instead of comparing everything to WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Adebar View Post

Communists are so last century.
    Existenz@Lotham
    <Excess>

Quote Originally Posted by Macrocosm93 View Post
    Communists are so last century.
    You know who says that?

Communists!

*pulls out a battle-axe*
    127% of internet statistics are made up on the spot.

Never trust obscure quotes from famous people on the internet. -George Washington

Default Give it a Rest Please....

Why can't folks in general have an ounce of modicum and leave threads like this alone? Everyone has their opinion on who is doing what and where with their own money and quite honestly, that shouldn't matter to you. What I play and what I do with my time shouldn't matter to anyone else, I play this game to have fun and enjoy the community, which is why I came from WoW. But I'm starting to see that it was an honest mistake.

To be fair though, it's difficult to blame just a few for this particular mindset though, it's an outright general fear. But you'd have to imagine that this fear does go both ways. Let them have their game and let us have ours. This isn't a pissing contest, this is about what we want to do with our time. Leave them alone and they'll eventually do the same.

I know I'm contradicting myself in the first line of my own post, but I grow tired of such nonsense. Just leave well enough alone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast