+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: Bad players create/empower elitists

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    45

    Default Bad players create/empower elitists

    You have people that have been playing this game for a while now and are now leveling all types of alts to help out raiding guilds. These people want to get past the grind that they have already done as fast as possible. Yes, I am one of them and I can tell you I've helped so many people along the way but lately I've tried to give people advice and I gets responses such us "I do what I want when I want.." or when I asked a bard to use his buffs he said "I don't have to do anything, you don't pay my subscription..". What do you think that does to people like me? It turns us into what you call elitist that really don't want to help or even deal with new or bad players anymore.


    The worst part is that all the people that talk about paying their subscriptions and having the right to play how they want, are giving bad players a sense of entitlement that is a detriment to everyone else that tries to help them get better. This only leads to responses like those above...sigh. Yes, you are paying for your subscription but so are the other people in the grp that know what they are doing and who's time you are wasting ...I find dancing through an instance fun but I don't expect people to feel the same way or to waste their time carrying me just because I pay a subscription. Grouping in this game is like a sport...you should have the courtesy of pulling your own weight or ask for tips on how to improve your dps. It makes no sense to feel entitled to have other people carry you while you do what is fun to you. This is only turning decent players that have a goal in mind into elitists.


    This game isn't that hard and any build is capable of doing decent dps, but the bad players choose not to for some reason and then they expect people to carry them without saying anything...keep doing this and the bad community you hate so much and wish it never starts here, will be here that much faster.

    Your subscription does not amount to grouping and raiding entitlements...pull your own weight and the level of elitists will drop drastically.
    Last edited by Healsforgold; 06-29-2011 at 08:49 AM.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    181

    Default

    it only does so when people like you lump people into these generalizations. A few bad people that make you not want to deal with any of them is pure generalization and being elitist. You can simply just remove and ignore those people you don't like and move on to someone who genuinly wants to do good. I see more people wanting to do better and since ive been playing haven't ever seen someone say "you dont pay my sub" type of comment.

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rydis View Post
    it only does so when people like you lump people into these generalizations. A few bad people that make you not want to deal with any of them is pure generalization and being elitist. You can simply just remove and ignore those people you don't like and move on to someone who genuinly wants to do good. I see more people wanting to do better and since ive been playing haven't ever seen someone say "you dont pay my sub" type of comment.
    You have a good point about generalizations...this is done by both sides and me trying to provide advice also doesn't make me an elitist as most people would generalize that i am from reading these forums.
    Last edited by Healsforgold; 06-29-2011 at 08:55 AM.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Your completely wrong on this. The eliteists are not caused by anyone they just are there. On my shard there are groups now being run by elitists that force people to pay to join with them. Their reasoning behind this?

    We deserve better rewards for putting this group together.

    lol

    Sure then know the ins and outs of the fights but instead of helping people they just want them to pay and shut the hell up.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rydis View Post
    it only does so when people like you lump people into these generalizations. A few bad people that make you not want to deal with any of them is pure generalization and being elitist. You can simply just remove and ignore those people you don't like and move on to someone who genuinly wants to do good. I see more people wanting to do better and since ive been playing haven't ever seen someone say "you dont pay my sub" type of comment.
    Yes it is a generalization, it is also true. Just because you may not want to hear it, or your sense of "political correctness" might be offended, makes it no less so. Ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away nor is it a inteligent way to handle a growing problem. There is absolutly nothing wrong with identifing a problem, pointing it out and offering a solution to it.

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by celebrate View Post
    Your completely wrong on this. The eliteists are not caused by anyone they just are there. On my shard there are groups now being run by elitists that force people to pay to join with them. Their reasoning behind this?

    We deserve better rewards for putting this group together.

    lol

    Sure then know the ins and outs of the fights but instead of helping people they just want them to pay and shut the hell up.
    I would say this is the result of all the decent players not wanting to deal with all the bads anymore and are instead paying the really bad elitists to not have to.

    Elitists are only doing this because there is a demand for it...no demand = not paying for fast easy runs. This just proves my point even more...if bads don't help themselves get better thay will make the demand for this even higher.

    Don't get me wrong some people are born elitists but most are made due to circumstance.
    Last edited by Healsforgold; 06-29-2011 at 09:03 AM.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched Souldancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Healsforgold View Post
    You have a good point about generalizations...this is done by both sides and me trying to provide advice also doesn't make me an elitist as most people would generalize.
    Then what is your point?

    So you asked someone to perform their job and they refused. In the real world, they lose their job and you find a replacement. What's so hard to understand? My boss got rid of a guy who somehow managed to accomplished absolutely nothing just last year. It didn't make him elitist, just a guy who needs a job done.

    Elitists are people who only play with like-minded individuals to the exclusion of any others that don't fit the minimum skill and equipment level. Bad players do not create elitists, elitists are born out of an insecurity in someone's real existence that is filled by degrading and demoralizing anyone deemed "lesser" in the game. It's silly, but that's what a real elitist is.

    Think about your approach when you are giving advice. Often our perception of how we come across to others isn't always accurate. If you are immediately getting a hostile response from anyone you give advice to, maybe change your approach to not seem so abrasive.

    Remember the one constant in all your in-game arguments is you.
    Last edited by Souldancer; 06-29-2011 at 09:03 AM.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Actually paying for the game DOES give someone the right to play how they want, that goes for both sides. IF someone is a tool, you can either decide not to group with them or come to the forums and whine about how bad players cause elitist attitudes. You chose the latter, which tells me you're trying to justify being a Dbag. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that your "advice" sounded more like a "this is how you should play", in which case, I would tell give you the same response you got. Not because I agree with it, but because it would be a lot nicer than what I would really like to tell you.

    Like I tell people in real life, when I want your advice, I'll beat it out of you.
    Last edited by Manalishi; 06-29-2011 at 09:03 AM.

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8

    Thumbs up

    ./sigh Addons will only make people like the OP even worse. This is not WoW.

    Don't play my subscription for me.

    Thanks.

    ./random michael jackson move.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crucible View Post
    Yes it is a generalization, it is also true. Just because you may not want to hear it, or your sense of "political correctness" might be offended, makes it no less so. Ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away nor is it a inteligent way to handle a growing problem. There is absolutly nothing wrong with identifing a problem, pointing it out and offering a solution to it.
    You handle people in life the same way. If there are people you can't stand to be around, the easiest and most effective way to try and avoid any problems is to not have contact with that person. You are not avoiding the problem, you are removing it.

    Some can be reasoned with, some can't. But you wont go around never speaking to anyone because you dislike the way a few people are. When you try to put yourself above such people by not being with any of them, then you make yourself the elitist. Take responsability for your own actions and how you handle yourself.

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manalishi View Post
    Actually paying for the game DOES give someone the right to play how they want, that goes for both sides. IF someone is a tool, you can either decide not to group with them or come to the forums and whine about how bad players cause elitist attitudes. You chose the latter, which tells me you're trying to justify being a Dbag. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that your "advice" sounded more like a "this is how you should play", in which case, I would tell give you the same response you got. Not because I agree with it, but because it would be a lot nicer than what I would really like to tell you.

    Like I tell people in real life, when I want your advice, I'll beat it out of you.


    OP quit being a Dbag and telling people how to play.
    I hated in Wow when i would go into a dungeon and people like the OP would say put this aura up or do this or that. . . i would ignore them and guess what?. . . we would still finish the dungeon or raid.

  12. #12
    General of Telara phyraxian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beteala View Post


    OP quit being a Dbag and telling people how to play.
    I hated in Wow when i would go into a dungeon and people like the OP would say put this aura up or do this or that. . . i would ignore them and guess what?. . . we would still finish the dungeon or raid.
    So you intentionally gimped the group to prove something? That's just as bad as the elitists.

  13. #13
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beteala View Post


    OP quit being a Dbag and telling people how to play.
    I hated in Wow when i would go into a dungeon and people like the OP would say put this aura up or do this or that. . . i would ignore them and guess what?. . . we would still finish the dungeon or raid.
    I think your perception of my argument is flawed but that's just me...I don't want people to play a certain cookie cutter build. I do however expect people to play their chosen expect, I don't care what it is, properly. If providing friendly advice so that said player doesn't run into ******s that won't be so kind make me a dbag then that's your opinion.

    Personally I don't argue with people or get into shouting insults when I'm trying to have a thought out discussion about a problem that seems to be growing rapidly. However, I dont expect the same from children on the interwebz lol

  14. #14
    Plane Walker crono14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Most top guilds just want people who want to be there. People who put a little extra time into researching their class and bring the best they can to the guild/group. Have raid awareness and be able to vocalize things in a tactful manner. Be a dependable person as if there is new content, the ability to push that extra hour or something like that.

    There is a difference between someone who is a good player and willing to learn and get better, and then the person who is bad and is so stubborn, they refuse to get better because they are too proud.

    I don't think that is asking too much of a person to fulfill those roles if they want to be in your guild or group.
    Onolawk - 60 Guardian Mage
    Former Maximation Raider

  15. #15
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Healsforgold View Post
    Personally I don't argue with people or get into shouting insults when I'm trying to have a thought out discussion about a problem that seems to be growing rapidly. However, I dont expect the same from children on the interwebz lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts