+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: SWTOR boasts 200 hours of gameplay per class (interview)

Default SWTOR boasts 200 hours of gameplay per class (interview)

EA: '200 hours of gameplay per class' in SWTOR as reported by Massively.

Quote Originally Posted by Massively
    "In an interview with GamesIndustry.biz, Electonic Arts' Frank Gibeau said that players should expect around 200 hours of core gameplay per class, not including side activities like PvP and raiding.

He was responding to a question about the game's allegedly high budget, which Gibeau says is worth the investment: "It's vast. It's a gigantic game. And that costs money. But when you get one of these launched they persist for a long period of time."
    With eight classes, that a pretty extensive amount of playtime for people who are altoholics.
    Last edited by Laughingstock; 06-29-2011 at 08:10 AM.

I love the idea that they said raiding is a 'side activity'. I abhor the idea of another grind such as WoW and RIFT have implemented.

If this is the case, they must be planning on having an extensive amount of horizontal content available instead. It's really refreshing to see a new mmo declare this far out that raiding is not the 'end all, be all' of a mmo.

Here's hoping that Bioware can live up to that statement.

Rich Aemry

Why do we even care? These are the Rift forums.

This game is already developing fanbois who somehow forget that EA can ruin anything.

Let me list a few studios which EA has ruined:

Westwood
    Mythic
    Headgate
    Pandemic
    Maxis
    Criterion
    Bioware
    I would also like to point out that Ubisoft began to make better games after EA sold their stake in Ubisoft.

EA still somehow manages to accidentally stumble on a hit every so often; hell even a drunk California gold miner still managed to pass out on a golden nugget. It's entirely by accident and SWTOR will probably not be one. The only good Star Wars anything since Lucas set about ruining the universe have been the Lego games. This isn't a Lego game, and since EA and Lucas are both set on ruining things.......I think they will succeed at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Aemry View Post
    Why do we even care? These are the Rift forums.
    It's off topic forums. SWTOR is off topic.

**EA claims that crafting is also 'not included' in the 200 hours of gameplay, which is pretty interesting as well.

Rich Aemry

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock View Post
    It's off topic forums. SWTOR is off topic.
    Have you bothered to read the TOS? This is pretty blatant advertising/fanboi-ing of a future competitor.

Wrong venue dude.

Have you bothered to read the TOS? This is pretty blatant advertising/fanboi-ing of a future competitor.

Wrong venue dude.
    I'm not saying "Everyone go buy SWTOR." I think you are reading to much into that. I haven't even recommended the game because I haven't played it.

Sorry, you're grasping for straws. Discussing off-topic things are for off-topic catagories so, it's the right venue.

"Discussion topics not related to RIFT."
    Last edited by Laughingstock; 06-29-2011 at 08:38 AM.

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

I love the idea that they said raiding is a 'side activity'. I abhor the idea of another grind such as WoW and RIFT have implemented.

*CHEER*

Yes, this thread will be locked because it doesn't say that SWTOR sucks, somehow.

Rich Aemry

I'm not saying "Everyone go buy SWTOR." I think you are reading to much into that. I haven't even recommended the game because I haven't played it.

Sorry, you're grasping for straws. Discussing off-topic things are for off-topic catagories so, it's the right venue.

"Discussion topics not related to RIFT."
    Go read the COC and TOU. It's not.

You don't have to say "go buy SWTOR" for the implication to be "I'm going to go buy SWTOR and feel like you should too."

These are the Rift forums..........and if you want to go looking through older closed threads there are dozens just like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverangel69 View Post
    *CHEER*

Yes, this thread will be locked because it doesn't say that SWTOR sucks, somehow.
    The interesting thing is that it's still not too late for RIFT to get away from the heavy raiding if it really wanted to and branch out into more content to develop the characters.

I'm still not sure why they don't do that when this is what every other mmo is starting to do nowadays; help people develop and bond with their characters. GW2, TSW, SWTOR, ArcheAge.. they are all giving characters more life instead of just hamsterwheeling your way into endgame grinding.

Imagine how much more gameplay value would have been added to this game if they made people actually level each individual soul to 50?

Go read the COC and TOU. It's not.

You don't have to say "go buy SWTOR" for the implication to be "I'm going to go buy SWTOR and feel like you should too."

These are the Rift forums..........and if you want to go looking through older closed threads there are dozens just like this one.
    Ok, thanks for that. Take care.

Cheers and happy days to you!
    Last edited by Laughingstock; 06-29-2011 at 08:48 AM.

The interesting thing is that it's still not too late for RIFT to get away from the heavy raiding if it really wanted to and branch out into more content to develop the characters.

I'm still not sure why they don't do that when this is what every other mmo is starting to do nowadays; help people develop and bond with their characters. GW2, TSW, SWTOR, ArcheAge.. they are all giving characters more life instead of just hamsterwheeling your way into endgame grinding.

Imagine how much more gameplay value would have been added to this game if they made people actually level each individual soul to 50?
    If you think TOR will not be a heavy raiding game, you are pretty mistaken. If you think they will have some groundbreaking new features, you are probably gonna be dissapointed. Over hyping a game is a huge downfall and why most games fail and comes with people flooding the forums crying about every little thing in the game. I am optimistic about GW2, but it is F2P and I don't associate endgame with the GW universe, pve wise.
    Onolawk - 60 Guardian Mage
    Former Maximation Raider

I wonder how many hours of that 200 are spent watching in game movies. I like the game idea, but it looks like an audio book with some choose your fate storyline.

I would like to see that not be true.

Rich Aemry

Sorry. I'll let you to your own opinion, and not engage you any further on this.

If you want to be a GM, I'm sure you can apply. Thankfully, Trion isn't as threatened as you seem to be by this type of discussion in the proper forum.

Again off-topic is off-topic.

Cheers and happy days to you!
    I have no desire to be a GM............or a mod. As a matter of fact my initial point was:

This game is already developing fanbois who somehow forget that EA can ruin anything.

Let me list a few studios which EA has ruined:

Westwood
    Mythic
    Headgate
    Pandemic
    Maxis
    Criterion
    Bioware
    I would also like to point out that Ubisoft began to make better games after EA sold their stake in Ubisoft.

EA still somehow manages to accidentally stumble on a hit every so often; hell even a drunk California gold miner still managed to pass out on a golden nugget. It's entirely by accident and SWTOR will probably not be one. The only good Star Wars anything since Lucas set about ruining the universe have been the Lego games. This isn't a Lego game, and since EA and Lucas are both set on ruining things.......I think they will succeed at it.
    You however latched on to an opening preposition--a parenthetical type opening side note. I then explained if you bothered to read the COC and TOU that it was in fact the Rift forums and the wrong venue for this thread at all.

So you seem to have just sidestepped my real point which is that EA has ruined Bioware and that SWTOR will be ruined just like EA gimped the first Dragon Age and then destroyed Dragon Age 2.

Quote Originally Posted by crono14 View Post
    If you think TOR will not be a heavy raiding game, you are pretty mistaken. If you think they will have some groundbreaking new features, you are probably gonna be dissapointed. Over hyping a game is a huge downfall and why most games fail and comes with people flooding the forums crying about every little thing in the game. I am optimistic about GW2, but it is F2P and I don't associate endgame with the GW universe, pve wise.
    What makes you think it's going to be heavy raiding?

They haven't shown or put any emphasis whatsoever on a lot of dungeons. They actually gone out of their way to advertise everything non-raiding in the game thus far such as space combat, housing, character development, huge amount of pets (companion) system, and all that jazz.

Raiding has been barely touched upon with one video so far. GW2 is B2P which is a little different, not F2P.

SWTOR doesn't have to be gamebreaking to be successful.. no game does. It just has to be fun.
    Last edited by Laughingstock; 06-29-2011 at 09:00 AM.

So you seem to have just sidestepped my real point which is that EA has ruined Bioware and that SWTOR will be ruined just like EA gimped the first Dragon Age and then destroyed Dragon Age 2.
    Ok. I get it.

EA is the devil.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast