+ Reply to Thread

Thread: President Obama saved Video Games!

Default President Obama saved Video Games!

Today, the Supreme Court ruled, under the Guidance of Obama, that video games are protected speech! If Obama was not President they may have tried to shut down the Video game industry. This was a very big day for us gamers!

http://exophase.com/23620/decision-m...wn-v-ema-case/

Monuett
    High Priest

Ascendant

Thank you, Obama.

haha those first two comments on the link are win

I was impressed by the court's decision.

I have kinda grown tired over the years about video games getting a different standard than TV or movies.

To quote myself in an interview I did for a gaming website years ago:

I don’t think the Senators or the audience are the problem, I think Hollywood is. The TV/movie industry wants a monopoly on mature content.

When Janet Jackson’s ****** was broadcast on the most watched TV broadcast of the year, who did the media demand get fired over it? Howard Stern, a radio personality with a show at 3 am.

The two Columbine killers called themselves “Natural Born Killers” (a movie title) but all we heard about them is that they played Doom.

MTV online’s “n1pple Gate” article I thought was pretty funny, considering the source. When I was a “minor” MTV was nippletown U.S.A.
    Of course, I kinda doubt that Antonin Scalia (who wrote the decision) is in Obama's pockets lol.

Mad props to the Supremes either way.

<Amazonia> Leader - Sunrest Server
    It's only a game ... until you get a piece of Asph.

Oh yeah. Obama had his hand in this directly. The economy is in the toilet like no time other than the great depression and Obama is concerned about video games. Naivete at it's finest in this thread. He has zero sway over the supreme court. Get a clue rather than make a show of your ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by ce2flaco View Post
    Naivete at it's finest in this thread. He has zero sway over the supreme court. Get a clue rather than make a show of your ignorance.
    The day the President has influence over his checks and balances is the day our Democracy is dead...

He's a President, not a Dictator. There is a difference. Though the vast majority of people now days seem to embrace the idea of President as if it were the same as a Dictator. Scary.

I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Oh yeah. Obama had his hand in this directly. The economy is in the toilet like no time other than the great depression and Obama is concerned about video games. Naivete at it's finest in this thread. He has zero sway over the supreme court. Get a clue rather than make a show of your ignorance.
    publically and legally this statement is correct.

Privately and behind the scenes..............

This was expected actually, and it was a steep majority for this too IIRC...7-2?

Remember kids....violence is good.....sex is baaad.....
    In the dusts of hell Lurked the blackest of hates, For he who eats fear awaits you
    RIFT Mantra: Exploit Now and Exploit Often, You wont be punished!!

Wich is actually a very good reason Obama WOULD involve himself... Do you understand the repercussions that banning video games would have had on the economy? Naive indeed.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

+ Reply to Thread