+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Upgrades completed

Default Upgrades completed

went out and dropped a couple grand on mew systems today for kitty and myself

64 bit windows 7
    M4a89gtd pro main boards
    1090t black hexcore
    8 gig corsair ddr3
    ATI 5770
    60 gig ssd gaming drives
    2 tb system/storage drives

Hers is water cooled mine has an cool master V8

Only mistake I made is in the case I really wanted a top routed case so I bought a sliver stone Raven. they brought out the box and I was thinking it can't possibly be that big. I was wrong.

All in all I'm happy with the builds so far, much better than our old systems

Nice upgrade... How is the ATI graphics card? I'm looking to upgrade graphics card as well... ATI coming out with some solid products now adays?

Nice. I won't be upgrading my system until the Holiday's (christmas or shortly after that) probably. going for the x6 or x8 processor with all the goodies for Ram and Vid etc.
    Veteran MMORPG Player for 10 years. Played almost all of them at one point. Played variety of races and classes and am good at most of them also.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanax View Post
    Nice upgrade... How is the ATI graphics card? I'm looking to upgrade graphics card as well... ATI coming out with some solid products now adays?
    I was running Vanguard maxed out with no issues at all. and it looked beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    went out and dropped a couple grand on mew systems today for kitty and myself

64 bit windows 7
    M4a89gtd pro main boards
    1090t black hexcore
    8 gig corsair ddr3
    ATI 5770
    60 gig ssd gaming drives
    2 tb system/storage drives

Hers is water cooled mine has an cool master V8

Only mistake I made is in the case I really wanted a top routed case so I bought a sliver stone Raven. they brought out the box and I was thinking it can't possibly be that big. I was wrong.

All in all I'm happy with the builds so far, much better than our old systems
    Pics or it didn't happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Anasazi View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen!
    Funny thing about that, Kitties old system had the card reader built in so We never got a cable to DL pictures from the digital. new systems and no card reader. Which was simply poor planning on my part since I have all the updated pics for our current build to to upload to our website.

Gratz on the new system! I am holding on with upgrading until I see how Rift runs on High on my machine. What was your old system out of curiosity?
    A wiki is only as good as its contributors - won't you help at Telarapedia?

A wise man told me to stay away from crazy people, I have been running from myself ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobbley View Post
    Gratz on the new system! I am holding on with upgrading until I see how Rift runs on High on my machine. What was your old system out of curiosity?
    mine was dual core 6000
    hers was dual core 5600
    Nvidea 250 gts and hers an old ati card I can't even remember the number on

I really do not see a reason to upgrade then. Well maybe the GFX card, unless you had a small amount of ram aswell. I currently have a HD4870 (two in crossfire), Q6600 @ 3.4ghz (2.4 stock), and 6 gigs of ram. I hope that at least lets me run it on High. Damn now I am wondering if I need to get some new parts
    A wiki is only as good as its contributors - won't you help at Telarapedia?

A wise man told me to stay away from crazy people, I have been running from myself ever since.

SSD are so cool but crazy expensive for the space given. I use a V8 on my rig =D, it was a pain to fit properly I thought it was just gonna crush my cpu its so big and clunky. I love seeing a red V8 when I look in the side grate though. Cooler master just makes cool looking everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobbley View Post
    I really do not see a reason to upgrade then. Well maybe the GFX card, unless you had a small amount of ram aswell. I currently have a HD4870 (two in crossfire), Q6600 @ 3.4ghz (2.4 stock), and 6 gigs of ram. I hope that at least lets me run it on High. Damn now I am wondering if I need to get some new parts
    Kittys main boards was an old M2a and wasn't really up to par for an upgrade. Since hers needed replacing and I had the money I built 2 systems that can hold their own in most situations. Toying with the Asus OC software I was able to push my system to 3.8 gig stable. I may be able to push it a bit further but it was getting a touch warm. I can't wait to try int on Kitties system with the liquid cooling system.

Running Vanguard on High with no stutter was new for me and Warhammer is quite different from the first time we played on the old systems

Wooow, that is upgrade and a half!! I guess I might need to upgrade, dont want my Arch-Nemesis to defeat me in PvP, just because his rig is better... But might wait untill x-mass.. More discounts then..
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Elladar View Post
    Wooow, that is upgrade and a half!! I guess I might need to upgrade, dont want my Arch-Nemesis to defeat me in PvP, just because his rig is better... But might wait untill x-mass.. More discounts then..
    It wasn't really all the expensive I spent 3k Canadian for both systems and that includes the 13% tax

Quote Originally Posted by Elladar View Post
    But might wait untill x-mass.. More discounts then..
    50/50 shot there. You run the risk of supply and demand killing you during the holiday season. I recall a few years back ram prices spiked to about 2x what they normally were due to holiday shortage.
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

Congrats on your upgrades. I have a 4 years old computer and I'm waiting for my next MMO home. Hopefully, Rift will be that game and will buy new parts to build a brand new computer right before the release.

Quote Originally Posted by rabb1t View Post
    50/50 shot there. You run the risk of supply and demand killing you during the holiday season. I recall a few years back ram prices spiked to about 2x what they normally were due to holiday shortage.
    Off the point, which months do you observe tend to have more supply and less demand in general throughout the computer hardware industry?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast