+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Blizzard paying loyalists to smear Rift/Trion

Default Blizzard paying loyalists to smear Rift/Trion

You see it every day on the forums: Threads open with the sole intent of defaming Rift/Trion for all of the hard work they've put into creating the perfect MMORPG experience. Threads titled accordingly such as "Rift is a bad game" "I'm leaving Rift" etc.. pepper the boards. It's no surprise that the world's most popular and intimidating MMORPG developer doesn't want Rift to be successful. There have been rumors, but it's now becoming obvious that Blizzard has been paying lobbyists and spin doctors to post these threads on our boards. THIS IS BIG! Forum accounts younger than a week open threads about how disappointed they are with the gameplay experience and expressly name details and game features which WOW has recently implemented and pass them off as "knock-offs." Forum mods are in a whirlwind trying to close all of the threads! I have it on GOOD AUTHORITY that these lobbyists are being paid for their deeds in Bitcoins, an untraceable internet currency. It's the literal internet equivalent of unmarked bills stuffed into a paper bag! Just take a look at freelancing service-for-bitcoin sites if you don't believe me. Hackers for hire! THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE END!!

Quote Originally Posted by Helmholz View Post
    You see it every day on the forums: Threads open with the sole intent of defaming Rift/Trion for all of the hard work they've put into creating the perfect MMORPG experience. Threads titled accordingly such as "Rift is a bad game" "I'm leaving Rift" etc.. pepper the boards. It's no surprise that the world's most popular and intimidating MMORPG developer doesn't want Rift to be successful. There have been rumors, but it's now becoming obvious that Blizzard has been paying lobbyists and spin doctors to post these threads on our boards. THIS IS BIG! Forum accounts younger than a week open threads about how disappointed they are with the gameplay experience and expressly name details and game features which WOW has recently implemented and pass them off as "knock-offs." Forum mods are in a whirlwind trying to close all of the threads! I have it on GOOD AUTHORITY that these lobbyists are being paid for their deeds in Bitcoins, an untraceable internet currency. It's the literal internet equivalent of unmarked bills stuffed into a paper bag! Just take a look at freelancing service-for-bitcoin sites if you don't believe me. Hackers for hire! THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE END!!
    I lol'ed. What "good authority"??? People flame threads. Its what they do.
    Thanks for the haircuts.

Rift Disciple

Blame the forum designers! Why is it that NO MMORPG forums are designed properly???

Blizzard's forums allows you to post on your characters, which is cool, cause if you post crap using your level 85 toon, you will taint your reputation if you start trolling and posting crap! BUT trolls can post on level 1 alts!!! You can hide behind a level 1 alt and talk crap as much as you want and get away with it!

Then there's Rift's forums... my toon isn't called Systhro... well maybe not yet. Systhro was my Bounty Hunter's name in Star Wars Galaxies on Kauri server and now I just use it for forums and sometimes a toon. But you can't see my toons!!! HA HA HA HA! Same goes for other trolls! They can talk crap all they want! It's too easy for a Blizzard employee to buy a Rift account, post crap on the forums and get away with it!

When will 1 smart person finally design an anti-trolling forums once and for all? The fix is SOOOOOOOO simple! Allow people to see my characters! Problem solved! If a troll posts a: "OMG THIS GAME SUX! I QUIT NOW!" thread, all you'd have to do is click his profile, see he has no level 50's and only a level 10 toon and there you go... troll discovered, he can be ignored, let's all get on with our lives!

But no... trolls and fakes can hide behind their anonymous avatars and they will keep bashing Rift without any harm!

Why would they need to pay them ?!? For 90% rift players, this game is just transition from Borecraft to swtor.

Blizzard is so 2008. I haven't looked back. Maybe if they ever release D3 then would I.

This just in: Everyone who negatively criticizes Rift/Trion are lobbyists paid by Blizzard, and the end is coming. More news at 11.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by PVStar View Post
    This just in: Everyone who negatively criticizes Rift/Trion are lobbyists paid by Blizzard, and the end is coming. More news at 11.
    Noooooooooooo

How does this even make sense? They have millions of loyal fans, many of whom are idiots. Why on earth would they pay for something they could get for free?
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Why would they need to pay them ?!? For 90% rift players, this game is just transition from Borecraft to swtor.
    Maybe to GW2. TOR is looking more and more like a bust.

Sure, the star wars fans will go, but I'm looking for more of a medieval feel.

Rift is the game for me for now, and we'll see what happens when GW2 comes out.
    Last edited by Koravel; 06-23-2011 at 01:03 PM.

Rashira | Threesprings | Defiant | DominateDominion | Cleric | Level 60

Because everybody knows Blizzard is the dark lord sitting atop a tower, stroking some sort of fluffy cat, while cackling and sending paid idiots to post stuff.

Because they totally wouldn't make their own free accounts to flame RIFT.

Because they're totally diabolically evil.

And evil people NEVER do the easy plan.

Because evil people are morons.

Know what? I blame Activision (and the commies).
    127% of internet statistics are made up on the spot.

Never trust obscure quotes from famous people on the internet. -George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Adebar View Post
    Because everybody knows Blizzard is the dark lord sitting atop a tower, stroking some sort of fluffy cat, while cackling and sending paid idiots to post stuff.

Because they totally wouldn't make their own free accounts to flame RIFT.

Because they're totally diabolically evil.

And evil people NEVER do the easy plan.

Because evil people are morons.

Know what? I blame Activision (and the commies).
    You mean Microtransactivision.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Koravel View Post
    Maybe to GW2. TOR is looking more and more like a bust.

This. "Let's make WoW, only in space!" has limited appeal when WoW has long since lost its luster.
    Kashta, 50 Rogue / Gwythiant, 41 Cleric / Ampere, 37 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    This. "Let's make WoW, only in space!" has limited appeal when WoW has long since lost its luster.
    GW2: Let's make wow, only with more flashy graphics and slutty female armors. Or was that Tera ? Not sure, at least swtor brings SOMETHING different.

Shadowlander

Default Blizzard paying them

Man it's so funny to hear that blizzard is spending money an the time to trash rift. That should be a compliment to Trion* because there oviously making the game better than wow.

Blizzard if they are doing it would be in violation of there own rules that they have spent so much time telling everyone that their a family friendly gaming company they would be acting like an online bully.

lol ... ignore an don't believe

Ascendant

Wowtards going back to WOW, yeah, not that big conspiracy really.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast