+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Somethings can be written out...

Shadowlander

Default Somethings can be written out...

Okay, okay, I'll admit, I'm a little new to all this online game world but I'm not stupidly dense either. Has someone made a dictionary for all the damn abbreviations everyone uses? It's ridiculous. Maybe it's the student in me, or life in the real world. BUT I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT PEOPLE ARE TYPING HALF THE TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by Melania View Post
    Okay, okay, I'll admit, I'm a little new to all this online game world but I'm not stupidly dense either. Has someone made a dictionary for all the damn abbreviations everyone uses? It's ridiculous. Maybe it's the student in me, or life in the real world. BUT I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT PEOPLE ARE TYPING HALF THE TIME.
    http://www.mmoglossary.com/mmorpg_terms/1/index.html
    If it bleeds, we can kill it.

When I first started playing MMOs I had the same problem. I had no idea WTF anyone was saying.

A lot of in-game abbreviations will be specific to the game itself, probably short for the different instances/zones.

One thing I noticed wasn't on that list which is a part of every MMO is LoS: line of sight.

Rift Disciple

Wtf...**** & ****

Sword of Telara

cool. i didnt see "DKP" on there and its being thrown around alot right now in regard to one handed weapon looting discussion. any idea what it means?

Shadowlander

OMG (see, I know that one!) there actually is a dictionary for abbreviations!!! Thank you!

Rift Chaser

It's just a sign that you're getting really old. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Chovie View Post
    cool. i didnt see "DKP" on there and its being thrown around alot right now in regard to one handed weapon looting discussion. any idea what it means?
    http://rift.zam.com/wiki/DKP

Dragon Kill Points. It's an old way players came up with of distributing loot in raids based on attendance, number of boss kills, time spent in the raid, etc.

Sez

Dragon killing (or killer) points

Imaginary points used in a guild to bid on items that drop (Think of an auction). How you gain and lose DKP is up to the guild who created them as they are not part of the actual game.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Revial View Post
    It's just a sign that you're getting really old. ;p
    LOL! There's benefits... discounts on certain days, senility, driving slower...

LOL! There's benefits... discounts on certain days, senility, driving slower...
    Losing control of your bowels and not giving a f*ck!

+ Reply to Thread