+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Open plea to moderators

Prophet of Telara

Default Open plea to moderators

I know this is going to be locked or deleted but at least a mod will HAVE to look at this to do so. I think Rift is a good game but has a lot of flaws. Mods have been locking several threads that have been talking about how Rift has become stale citing that feedback be constructive and respectful. Several of those threads have been just that but have been locked or deleted anyway. Moderated discussion is fine, but these threads are going to continue to pop up no matter how many are locked. All I ask is that you give some leeway for people to actually give their feedback, rather than just be locked because you don't want to read it.

Who says they "don't want to read it"?

The threads aren't deleted, they're locked. What they don't want to read is the endless flaming and "lol can i have ur stuf?" posts.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Telaran

No, they aren't constructive.

The threads are filled with people trolling back and forth, people arguing over silly and stupid things. 90% of the threads were created just to create and arouse whining and complaining and nothing more. Yeah, they had their few serious posts for things that can be improved, but those points or suggestions belong in the designated suggestion form anyway.

People are simply trying to voice their opinion

People see & hear what they want to see & hear, if something even hints at being not what the powers that be want its closed/edited/locked & so the "We're listening" becomes "We're hearing what we want to & the rest of you can... but hey! Thanks for the cash!".
    I honestly don't believe they listen OR care, they have us by the short n' curlys & they're laughing!
    No trials... No tricks... No traps... No EU-RP server? NO THANKS!

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Teiri View Post
    No, they aren't constructive.

The threads are filled with people trolling back and forth, people arguing over silly and stupid things. 90% of the threads were created just to create and arouse whining and complaining and nothing more. Yeah, they had their few serious posts for things that can be improved, but those points or suggestions belong in the designated suggestion form anyway.
    Then maybe they could actually "moderate" the thread rather than just shut it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddr View Post
    Then maybe they could actually "moderate" the thread rather than just shut it down.
    HUGE time sink with a thread that's intrinsically gonna attract a bunch of flaming and trolling.

I actually really like the feedback threads that the mods hit before a bunch of "can i have ur stuf?" losers show up. I read a lot of the "why I quit" threads, and the first posts of them vary from sorta dumb to really interesting.

But the devs DO read those posts, and I think over time we'll see that some of the frequent complaints get addressed...
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    HUGE time sink with a thread that's intrinsically gonna attract a bunch of flaming and trolling.

Any discussion that has an opinion in it is intrinsically going to attract flaming and trolling, because both sides feel as though they are right. So based upon your assertion there, we should lock all opinion based discussions?

Telaran

Any discussion that has an opinion in it is intrinsically going to attract flaming and trolling, because both sides feel as though they are right. So based upon your assertion there, we should lock all opinion based discussions?
    Ones with obvious and clear malicious intent from the get go?

Yes.

Well, when this thread is locked you can then use the link they put in their closing post to complain about it and express any concerns you have over the closing. Same thing you could have done in the posts you're complaining about having been close previously, amazing how that works.....
    So, you think healthcare is a "right"? Then you also support the indenturing and/or enslavement of healthcare workers. Healthcare isn't a naturally occurring phenomenon like sunshine or air, someone else has to produce it, at a cost of their own time, and thus a portion of their life. So, be careful of what you would have the government claim for you at the point of a gun...

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Spor View Post
    People see & hear what they want to see & hear, if something even hints at being not what the powers that be want its closed/edited/locked & so the "We're listening" becomes "We're hearing what we want to & the rest of you can... but hey! Thanks for the cash!".
    I honestly don't believe they listen OR care, they have us by the short n' curlys & they're laughing!
    YOU see and hear what you want to see and hear. You're delusional if you think the developers of the game, who depend on their customers for money, are going to ignore their customers legitimate gripes and requests about their product. The problem is YOU think you're right about everything, and YOU think the game should be made in YOUR image. So when you make a post (or see a post) that is combative and insulting explaining the delusional view you have for the game, YOU see it as a valid post that should remain open, rather than a troll post. What YOU don't realize is, YOU are wrong. The developers are a lot better suited for their job than you, as are the moderators.
    Last edited by MrFunsocks; 06-21-2011 at 10:08 AM.

Ascendant

I know this is going to be locked or deleted but at least a mod will HAVE to look at this to do so. I think Rift is a good game but has a lot of flaws. Mods have been locking several threads that have been talking about how Rift has become stale citing that feedback be constructive and respectful. Several of those threads have been just that but have been locked or deleted anyway. Moderated discussion is fine, but these threads are going to continue to pop up no matter how many are locked. All I ask is that you give some leeway for people to actually give their feedback, rather than just be locked because you don't want to read it.
    We have decent mods on these forums. They do a good job keeping the discussions pretty much civil. Of course they have their innate biases, but that's to be expected. I like to have a go at them on occasions, but overall I think these forums are pretty well run.

I DO wish they would keep some threads open longer and not close as many just because there are other similar discussions going on...people get going in a train of thought and a thread gets closed and linked and the discussion dies.
    Last edited by Vydor; 06-21-2011 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFunsocks View Post
    YOU see and hear what you want to see and hear. You're delusional if you think the developers of the game, who depend on their customers for money, are going to ignore their customers legitimate gripes and requests about their product. The problem is YOU think you're right about everything, and YOU think the game should be made in YOUR image. So when you make a post (or see a post) that is combative and insulting explaining the delusional view you have for the game, YOU see it as a valid post that should remain open, rather than a troll post. What YOU don't realize is, YOU are wrong. The developers are a lot better suited for their job than you, as are the moderators.
    LOL sure! Because YOU know ME!
    ...So... Why arn't they posting saying about anything thats said over, & over, & over again? It's very clear that something is wrong in Rift & it SEEMS that NO ONE is listening! /enjoy!!!
    No trials... No tricks... No traps... No EU-RP server? NO THANKS!

General of Telara I Fear Kittens's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vydor View Post
    We have decent mods on these forums. They do a good job keeping the discussions pretty much civil. Of course they have their innate biases, but that's to be expected. I like to have a go at them on occasions, but overall I think these forums are pretty well run.

I DO wish they would keep some threads open longer and not close as many just because there are other similar discussions going on...people get going in a train of thought and a thread gets closed and linked and the discussion dies.

/10char
    "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall piss you off." Norse Proverb
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    When it's ready...... You wouldn't want it released before it was ready, right? And you wouldn't want us to hold it back after it was ready, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollolololol View Post
    I am honored to have made your /ignore list

Quote Originally Posted by Cord 8D View Post
    Well, when this thread is locked you can then use the link they put in their closing post to complain about it and express any concerns you have over the closing. Same thing you could have done in the posts you're complaining about having been close previously, amazing how that works.....
    If they don't ignore your emails like they do mine then go right ahead :P
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast