+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Terraria

Plane Walker

Default Terraria

anyone else here play Terraria?
    If you dont know what that is, its a new game kinda like minecraft but in 2d

here is a funny video from the game someone tries to rescue a bunny trapped underwater but fails miserably: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcAlA3h2mko
    GameShampoo username: lokik
    Playing:
    Rift: lvl 14 Rogue (Ranger/Marksman/Saboteur)

I've heard of it and get a kick out of how it sounds like a child or a person with a speach impediment trying to say "Telaria". Otherwise, I'm not interested in crappy games.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    I've heard of it and get a kick out of how it sounds like a child or a person with a speach impediment trying to say "Telaria". Otherwise, I'm not interested in crappy games.
    Its not crappy.

To answer the original post, I've been playing it since it was released. I can't remember who told me about it. I HATE minecraft but like the idea of it. The platformer elements in Terraria make it for me. Unlike minecraft there seems a "point" to the game and it has real progression in terms of gear and items you craft, aside from the fact that just like in minecraft you can build some crazy elaborate stuff.

I'm currently in mostly Silver Armor with a Gold helmet (tough to find enough gold to craft a full armor set). And I just blew the crap out of a meteorite after a few deaths and made mysefl a phaseblade. I'm about to try and go to the mysterious underground jungle if I can find it. Boss wise I've killed Eye of Cthulu and Eater of Worlds, but I got owned by Skeletron and I haven't seen the new King Slime yet.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 06-20-2011 at 09:37 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

I really like it, I play it all the time, got pretty much everything, but like most games, it hits a wall, but, I dont like steam, overpriced crap, so I didn't bother to get it "there".

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Finaltidus View Post
    I really like it, I play it all the time, got pretty much everything, but like most games, it hits a wall, but, I dont like steam, overpriced crap, so I didn't bother to get it "there".
    I got it on Steam because the creator promised regular updates. He's been true to his word. There was a fairly major content update recently that added King Slime, water enemies, and other stuffs.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    Its not crappy.
    I disagree.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Comparing it to Minecraft is a bit of an overstatement. Terarria in itself is different on so many levels. Gameplay mechanics aside, the game is unique and is regularly updated by the creator, which is MUCH more than you can say on Notch's behalf.

If you don't like it, tell us why. It's obvious that you haven't played it before or you'd probably say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Helmholz View Post
    Comparing it to Minecraft is a bit of an overstatement. Terarria in itself is different on so many levels. Gameplay mechanics aside, the game is unique and is regularly updated by the creator, which is MUCH more than you can say on Notch's behalf.

If you don't like it, tell us why. It's obvious that you haven't played it before or you'd probably say otherwise.
    people compare them because they are both "block" games, terraria was influenced by minecraft, obviously, but thats like saying every shooter game is a ripoff of CoD.

I think some people in this thread have a very interesting way of dealing with their frustrations.

Plane Walker

it has some concepts similar to minecraft, but its still its own game
    Playing:

I wasted so much time playing this while my internet was down (actually, it was throttled because of LoL bAnDwIdTh). Got full Necro Armor, as well as the Muramasa and assorted other cool stuff from the dungeon. Never did too much plundering underground after that, since my internet is back up to full potential.

It's awesome for anyone that wants a break from potentially grindy games such as Rift.

I've basically come to understand that I shouldn't trust anyone who seriously compares Minecraft to Terraria. After having played both extensively, they are definitely different games both in design and spirit.

I <3 Terraria

Nothing beats having a friend host a server for us & replacing the floor of his house with lava. =D Or trapping newer people in with Hellstone blocks.

I love Terraria. I've been taking my time with getting all the gear/items. When I find friends who are new to the game, I usually start up a new character with them on a multi map I create. 70+ hours and plenty more to do. The ability to download other player created maps also provides new challenges. Best $10 I've spent on Steam - especially with free updates!

If anyone wants to play, I'm down. Or if you have any questions, feel free to ask
    Last edited by RancidShamble; 06-22-2011 at 05:44 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Feni View Post
    I <3 Terraria

Nothing beats having a friend host a server for us & replacing the floor of his house with lava. =D Or trapping newer people in with Hellstone blocks.
    yeah multiplayer traps are fun
    Playing:

+ Reply to Thread