+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: P90X/Insanity

Default P90X/Insanity

Who tried and/or completed either of these programs yet?

I am just curious really. I know a few people who have tried P90X but didn't complete, but have yet to find anyone who's done Insanity. Personally, I've completed P90X and plan to do Insanity this summer.

If you havn't tried it, why? Have you not heard of it/have no idea what I am talking about? Do you not have the time? Is it too hard? Do you prefer an actual gym? Do you have no time?

Tell me
    Please be sure to follow the Code of Conduct at all times when using these forums.
    Please feel free to contact the Rift Community Team at community@riftgame.com if you have any questions or concerns about this message or its contents.

I have not tryed it, but would like too. I currently go to a gym 4 days a week and just lift some weights + some cardio. I've always heard good things about it though! Have fun with that
    Rezzistance -Seastone/Defiant Mage
    Rezzist - Seastone/Defiant Rogue
    MeatyCurtains - Seastone/Guardian Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Jakranka View Post
    Have you not heard of it/have no idea what I am talking about?
    That one!

/10
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Prophet of Telara

Who tried and/or completed either of these programs yet?

I am just curious really. I know a few people who have tried P90X but didn't complete, but have yet to find anyone who's done Insanity. Personally, I've completed P90X and plan to do Insanity this summer.

If you havn't tried it, why? Have you not heard of it/have no idea what I am talking about? Do you not have the time? Is it too hard? Do you prefer an actual gym? Do you have no time?

Tell me
    I prefer a gym personally. I tried P90x for a bit and felt the results were not appropriate to my liking. Don't get me wrong, it's a great program for getting toned but if there is any type of mass building you are looking for on top of there there are some things that can't be duplicated by hitting up weights/machines that accommodate that.

The only thing from the program I still actively do is the Yoga. The rest I keep to the gym. (Cardio wise, call me old fashioned, but I found going out for a few mile run outside much harder then anything I could do inside. Not to mention it being much more scenic).

If you are somebody (Not Jak since you said you completed the basic, but in general) who hasn't trained or worked out in a long time P90x is a great program as it is a casual progression.
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

Clearly a spam thread... where are the moderators when you need them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

I know some folks in fighting shape that get hammered by insanity everyday.
    Thanks for the haircuts.

Rich Aemry

I fought semi-pro MMA for about 5 years(Ru-Bu-Kia/aikido), and still teach a Karate class. P90x never really worked for me, and I always have still had to hire a trainer. Never tried insanity.

At this point in life I'm not in fighting shape, but I'm still fairly active. I still find that it's easier to just follow a more traditional workout than to brutalize myself with a P90x type workout.

Personally, I previously (and really, still do) need guidance on what to work on and how. I can't just go to a gym and start working out, as I am not educated enough to know what to do. I would have to hire a personal trainer to get the results I am looking for...and since P90X/Insanity (especially if you do a hybrid) can get my the results I am looking for, I find it much quicker and cheaper than a personal trainer at a gym.

That's just me though. I agree if I needed to get into fighting shape or was a professional in a sports team, the gym with a personal trainer would be the best way to go. That way, you get to focus specifically on certain aspects of your fitness that needs the most work instead of an overall routine.
    Please be sure to follow the Code of Conduct at all times when using these forums.
    Please feel free to contact the Rift Community Team at community@riftgame.com if you have any questions or concerns about this message or its contents.

I still don't know what you're talking about D:
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

l2notdonut
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

Rich Aemry

Personally, I previously (and really, still do) need guidance on what to work on and how. I can't just go to a gym and start working out, as I am not educated enough to know what to do. I would have to hire a personal trainer to get the results I am looking for...and since P90X/Insanity (especially if you do a hybrid) can get my the results I am looking for, I find it much quicker and cheaper than a personal trainer at a gym.

That's just me though. I agree if I needed to get into fighting shape or was a professional in a sports team, the gym with a personal trainer would be the best way to go. That way, you get to focus specifically on certain aspects of your fitness that needs the most work instead of an overall routine.
    If I were you, I'd join a gym with weight training classes, lap pool, step aerobics, yoga and enough treadmills. Go to the classes, then buy a couple good books. The latest version of the South Beach Diet is pretty well rounded, but ignore the first two week crap since it will cause injuries during a new exercise routine. A good weight training book is http://www.amazon.com/Starting-Stren...8601506&sr=1-1 and a good book on running is http://www.amazon.com/Non-Runners-Ma...8601598&sr=1-1 this book gets to be overkill if you're not wanting to marathon, but the first bit is pretty damn solid.

That said find a buddy to work out with. My Fiancee doesn't like the gym b/c of her asthma, and I have gained some weight from not having a partner to make sure I go. You want someone who is on your same dedication level, someone too crazy or too lazy will ruin your friendship.

Just my two cents.

BTW 24hour fitness sport clubs offer all of those things for less than 40 bucks a month.
    Last edited by Rich Aemry; 06-20-2011 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    I still don't know what you're talking about D:
    You and me both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Rich Aemry

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxagallanxchi View Post
    You and me both.
    Google P90x.

P90X has prerequisite tests that you have to complete before engaging in the workout. Literally, a check list of things. Basically you have to be in decent shape and not have any kind of joint/muscle/tendon issues before pursuing the results P90X can give you. I mean you can still do some of the exercises, but that's money you can save and buy a novice fitness book with a set of free weights.

I get my fitness tips from youtube!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast