+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How amazing is Guild Wars 2 looking? (without slagging off Rift... too much)

Shadowlander

Default How amazing is Guild Wars 2 looking? (without slagging off Rift... too much)

Again this is not an attempt to flame Rift here. There's plenty of those threads around.

I was just looking at the GWII site and some vids up on there and youtube. I'm excited now! Looks like actual visceral (how I hate that word normally), hands-on combat! I'm a fanboy for anything that takes the whole "dice behind the scenes" concept and takes it further than just having you imagine you're dodging some guy because you read it in a little message.

That they're making a game that wants you to play whatever class you want grouping with whatever class you feel like without the need for shoehorning you into a role - as in, tank/healer/dps - is just fantastic to be honest. I suppose we'll have to wait and see how it all turns out in terms of the balance, I think more PvP than PvE wise since I believe the first GW was at least for a time very skewed. Can't say I've played in an eternity so I dunno now.

Plus the art design is incredible, whoa.

Ascendant

Actually theres way more threads about GW2 than flaming Rifts. One new thread about SWTOR and GW2 appears alsmot on weekly basis.
    Last edited by June; 06-20-2011 at 03:56 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Actually theres way more threads about GW2 than flaming Rifts. One new thread about SWTOR and GW2 appears alsmot on weekly basis.
    oo, I should probably find one and post my ejaculations in there. Don't hold out that much hope for SW

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gelbvieh View Post
    oo, I should probably find one and post my ejaculations in there. Don't hold out that much hope for SW
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...7074-Gw2-Swtor

Sorry that was about two week ago, but understandable this is only off-topic forum. So go there and tell how GW2 is going to destroy whole world, only because you kids got no credit card to pay montly fees.
    Last edited by June; 06-20-2011 at 05:41 AM.

Ascendant

Nvermind, edit just sucks.
    Last edited by June; 06-20-2011 at 05:48 AM.

I am so excited for GW2 I think my arms are going to fall off :OO~O~O~O~O~
    Last edited by Shredicus; 06-20-2011 at 11:20 AM.

Shadowlander

Hey I've been playing subscription MMOs for about 6 years, I have the whole credit card thing pretty well down

But ahh, why pay if you can... not!

Rift Disciple

The only problem with Guild Wars is that since there is no subscription fee, it attracts A LOT and *A LOT* of children and immature teen gamers. Everytime i went back, it was always so hard finding a mature nice group of adults-only to have fun with.

If only ArenaNet could monitor their game a lot better and more strictly, or maybe even add some subscription premium service where I won't have to see or ever talk to non-subscribers, maybe I'd give Guild Wars 2 a chance.

That's the problem with any online game. No matter how good an online game can be, if the community sucks, the game is ruined!

Ascendant

I agree, lack of content, full of kids, no montly fees, no moderation, Ncsoft is going to bring alot of gold-sellers etc. = hell after first month.

To be honest. I dont think it do it anymore. If you start to think about when GW 1 was released WoW was still in vanilla, now WoW is just huge dominator, its so different market now, not to mention Rift. I got actually very bad feeling about GW2, for half-assed MMO it just isnt the time right now, and Ncsoft already got bad reputation because of Aion.
    Last edited by June; 06-21-2011 at 10:47 AM.

Shadowlander

You can't compare GW 2 to Aion in any way, that they're being published by the same company has no bearing whatsoever - Aion was a Korean (it was Korean wasn't it, not Japanese) game brought to the western market due to its huge success in the eastern world but they seem to enjoy pointless grinding till your eyes bleed over there even more than we do here. NCSoft happened to publish it here, as in print the box art. Guild Wars has no ties to Aion. Different developer, different game.
    Of course some publishers do put a lot of pressure on developers to make games they want in a certain way, the best example of that I suppose being EA forcing its subsidaries to endlessly push out reeking piles of catered-to-the-lowest-common-****** cash-in faeces (so long, BioWare), but I can't see any evidence of that with GW 2.

I don't believe they have been marketing it as a "WoW-killer" either intelligently enough, the way that if I remember correctly Trion did not either - it's just bound to come back and make you look like the dumbass you were. They do put a lot of focus on the differences they are attempting to create in GW2 between regular MMOs, the whole grinding thing being one of them but to be fair that's PR.
    Seeing as how GW is not a subscription-based concept it's healthy to be excited about it I'd say, and really I don't see my looking forward to GW2 as stemming from my disillusion with other MMORPGs (which I don't have) so much as just general excitement about an upcoming game that's looking good.

When I heard that it was F2P.... I thought that there was just no way.......
    127% of internet statistics are made up on the spot.

Never trust obscure quotes from famous people on the internet. -George Washington

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Adebar View Post
    When I heard that it was F2P.... I thought that there was just no way.......
    B2P with a shop. Althought just take my word its going to go free to play, so sure they double dip ala DCUO. First B2P then fast turn into free to play. I see this game failing already.
    Last edited by June; 06-22-2011 at 08:50 AM.

+ Reply to Thread