Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Always that stinky mmo that comes out before something good

Shield of Telara

Default Always that stinky mmo that comes out before something good

Rift is that stinky MMO with zero class balancing done and a Giant ******rsh at the head of the show

WIATING FOR SWTOR AS USUALL I SEE

SWToR will be a colossal failure.

Bioware thinks it's an indie arthouse lately rather than a game maker.

SWToR is going to be bloated with expensive cut-scenes, voice acting, etc - all stuff that appeals to about 1% of players willing to maintain an MMO subscription.

Plus add in the general difficulty sci-fi MMOs have (everyone single one has failed horribly except SWG and it eventually imploded).

Then you have the dual problems of the SW brand having been rode hard and put away wet the past 20 years, greatly reducing it's appeal with the problem of "lore nazis" who will drop the game for "transgressions" to the "lore".

GW2 and Skyrim are the 2 games to keep your eye on - SWToR is going to be a big, fat meteor...

Soulwalker

I think I missed the point of this thread?

General of Telara I Fear Kittens's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shamsen View Post
    I think I missed the point of this thread?
    So did the OP
    "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall piss you off." Norse Proverb
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    When it's ready...... You wouldn't want it released before it was ready, right? And you wouldn't want us to hold it back after it was ready, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollolololol View Post
    I am honored to have made your /ignore list

Ascendant

ARgh yet again SWTOR. Why it fails, story, story games aint so popular Bioware is the only company what does that kind of games and even they needed to sell their *** to EA. Star Wars most of the people who're above 25+ year old have seen that **** way way too much. SWTOR is sort of frankeistein it uses phasing theres individual instances that kind of stuff really kills immersion and it doesnt matter if theres voice acting or no. Many things can go wront with MMOs, polishing seems to be harden than we think, I dont thikn they can make so fast content becaues of voice acting. EA stinks, man theres going to be ****load of EA haters like hackers, how they are going to deal with those.
    Last edited by June; 06-19-2011 at 11:18 PM.

Nad

Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post
    Rift is that stinky MMO with zero class balancing done and a Giant ******rsh at the head of the show

WIATING FOR SWTOR AS USUALL I SEE
    Seems like you're that kind of a person who'll post the same sentences on SWTOR forums 2 or 3 months after launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexille View Post
    SWToR will be a colossal failure.

Bioware thinks it's an indie arthouse lately rather than a game maker.

SWToR is going to be bloated with expensive cut-scenes, voice acting, etc - all stuff that appeals to about 1% of players willing to maintain an MMO subscription.

Plus add in the general difficulty sci-fi MMOs have (everyone single one has failed horribly except SWG and it eventually imploded).

Then you have the dual problems of the SW brand having been rode hard and put away wet the past 20 years, greatly reducing it's appeal with the problem of "lore nazis" who will drop the game for "transgressions" to the "lore".

GW2 and Skyrim are the 2 games to keep your eye on - SWToR is going to be a big, fat meteor...
    What says 1% of MMO players don't approve of more story? It's just going to be like a single player RPG with lots of players.

I thought the original GW was very limited and slightly unbalanced, so I'm probably not even going to bother with GW2. I've already pre-ordered Skyrim, and I'm looking forward to buying SW:TOR. I've loved every game Bethesda has made (even Brink), and every game Bioware has made.

That said, I don't approve of the OP's message. Rift's a very good game, all things considered. For being fairly new and TW's first game, it's well done.

Instead of saying "RIFT SUX, SW:TOR WIL MAEK IT DAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIII!!!!!" you could offer some advice, criticism, or suggestions for TW. They seem to listen to their customers, and it'd make you look a hell of a lot smarter than what you're doing now.
    Last edited by Adebar; 06-19-2011 at 11:21 PM.
    127% of internet statistics are made up on the spot.

Never trust obscure quotes from famous people on the internet. -George Washington

SWTOR is gonna be big fail... if you are hyping it atm just keep doing it, play it when it comes out and come back few weeks later (I'd advise keeping your rift sub cuz else you'll be bored)

GW2 is gonna be great... don't say "I didn't like GW so I won't bother" cuz they're totally different games... GW wasn't even an MMO so you can't really compare

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Adebar View Post
    What says 1% of MMO players don't approve of more story? It's just going to be like a single player RPG with lots of players.

I thought the original GW was very limited and slightly unbalanced, so I'm probably not even going to bother with GW2. I've already pre-ordered Skyrim, and I'm looking forward to buying SW:TOR. I've loved every game Bethesda has made (even Brink), and every game Bioware has made.

That said, I don't approve of the OP's message. Rift's a very good game, all things considered. For being fairly new and TW's first game, it's well done.

Instead of saying "RIFT SUX, SW:TOR WIL MAEK IT DAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIII!!!!!" you could offer some advice, criticism, or suggestions for TW. They seem to listen to their customers, and it'd make you look a hell of a lot smarter than what you're doing now.
    Why bother when a lot of the time people aren't smart enough to post suggestions in the suggestion forum?

Ascendant

Rift is goign to be the game to play until games like ArcheAge, Warhammer Millenium, Blade and Soul comes but its like year 2013, but even then Rift got probably alot more content and its totally different game. Now thye just need to shut up GW2 and SWTOR fanbois mouths.
    Last edited by June; 06-19-2011 at 11:36 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    ARgh yet again SWTOR. Why it fails, story, story games aint so popular Bioware is the only company what does that kind of games and even they needed to sell their *** to EA. Star Wars most of the people who're above 25+ year old have seen that **** way way too much. SWTOR is sort of frankeistein it uses phasing theres individual instances that kind of stuff really kills immersion and it doesnt matter if theres voice acting or no. Many things can go wront with MMOs, polishing seems to be harden than we think, I dont thikn they can make so fast content becaues of voice acting. EA stinks, man theres going to be ****load of EA haters like hackers, how they are going to deal with those.
    There are only two reasons games with story fail, and that is lack if an interesting one, and the fact that players don't bother to read the story, something I encountered several times in Rift.

I love Bioshock etc....I consider the Mass Effect trilogy to be a truly epic experience, I love Dragon Age but have yet to play DA 2. Games with story WORK, but it's up to the people to APPRECIATE it.

Oh noo a lot of the stuff will be voice acted...ohhh noo...a lot of the stuff will have custscenes thrown in...wow. Far be it from them to try to..you know...step out of the box a bit (more voice acting than the current style like we have in Rift with the same five greetings and responses from every npc and voices during some quest encounters) and improve on stuff that players have started to expect anyway (cutscenes).

I'm the kind of person that plays STARCRAFT for the story instead of the multiplayer, that's how much I love it, and the storytelling so far in SC 2 has been incredible imo. I say give them a chance to show what they can do with a beloved franchise. It could flop yes, but it could also be a huge success.

I'm waiting for swtor as well, but I'm not holding my breath for it to be a good game. The game I really wanted to be good was Rift, and it's holding me over for a while, but I don't love it.

Even being from the exact age-appropriate generation, Star Wars has never struck me as all that amazing. It can be fun, but I'd much prefer to spend my mmo time on an original, high fantasy based world. I'm just always scared that mmo's based off pre-existing and very well known worlds have an obligation to pander to the obsessives. I don't want my games hindered when some jackwagon says, "clearly, book 17 chapter 8b paragraph 16 states that Prince Loser is in fact a Drenoid Winnebago, thus he has no business being in the Alpha Room of Fiery Doom." I mean I like my lore as much as anyone, and in fact that's one of the main reasons Rift has failed to amaze me, but I prefer to hear/see/play new storylines I've never experienced before. And especially when you know there will be 5817 dorks ready to point out where the storyline of swtor went wrong.

Aside from that, I think the OP actually raises a valid point. It's really just the way business works of course. Such-and-such powerhouse game is in a lull. Some-other-really-hyped game is not due to release for 9 more months. No matter what shape your game is in, now is the best time to release, because it will maximize shareholder profits. So, despite the fact that your game may need a while to get some polish to be amazing, mediocre is released instead cause it's too risky to wait longer. And yes, I feel that's exactly where Rift is. Could be amazing, but it's not. Yet.
    Last edited by Martell; 06-19-2011 at 11:42 PM.

I'm one of thoose who look forward to SW:TOR with massive expectations, in fact, I found Rift because I wanted something to kill the wait for SW:TOR with. But I gotta' say, I'm really enjoying this game so far. I've played alot of MMO's, without ever really commiting to any of them, and so far, I think this is definately one of the better one's!

Just my two cents..

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tileus View Post
    There are only two reasons games with story fail, and that is lack if an interesting one, and the fact that players don't bother to read the story, something I encountered several times in Rift
    I agree with that. Thats why game and story doesnt mix. Even for Hollywood movie makers dont want to make movies that last longer than 2 hour because its so hard. SWTOR offer 200 hour of story for EVERY class, you can be sure its soup-opera and I really beleive most people are struggling to get it even thru, imagine if you need to play like 4 Bioware games thru. Book readers and gamers are two totally different kind of peoplen, not to mention soup-operas...
    Last edited by June; 06-20-2011 at 03:54 AM.

Ascendant

Maybe somekind of action movie could work actually for gamers, like Rambo 4. Keep the story short.

But yeah, I can actually see some **** like "Do you love me now? yes or no" **** from SWTOR.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast