+ Reply to Thread

Thread: That Felt Good...

Default That Felt Good...

Warcraft is dead, it's been dead for a while. So I buried it. lol

I went in and deleated all my characters after selling all their stuff and then sent the cash pile to some random person I found in one of the custom rp channels. Then I cancelled the account and told Blizz why.

I didn't think I would feel good about deleting my characters, because one of them I was pretty attached too, but after they were gone, I felt remarkably good about it.

I haven't been addicted to the game in quite a while, but my characters were all still there, and I figured I'd let someone else have their names.

Anyway, try it, you might like it. lol
    :: Ceileigh Amberlight - Dwarf Engineer :: Nimhue Amberlight - Dwarf Druid :: Faeblight ::

good for you.

Grats!

And I can't, never played WoW

Well done.

I can't delete my characters. My sub ran out a few months ago, and I'm too busy rerolling warriors in RIFT so I can beat up crocodiles with my bare hands to renew my sub entirely to delete all of my characters.

Didn't delete anything. That would be pretty dumb, much like burning your own house when you move out. But then, I guess it's easy if you didn't have anything worthy of note on your characters.

I havent touched wow in 3 weeks now. Even deleted the wow website icon from the favorites task bar of firefox'.

Wow is done. The Cataclysm was quite a literal name for it.

If you are truly done with wow, why would it matter if you deleted your characters or not? It's your choice of course. But claiming you are done and leaving your characters would be more like a crack addict going through rehab and getting clean and leaving a rock under their bed "just in case" lol.

Unless of course you are planning on selling your account. Then it makes sense.

But deleting your characters is not dumb. Its a personal choice, since i have indeed no desire to return to the game.
    :: Ceileigh Amberlight - Dwarf Engineer :: Nimhue Amberlight - Dwarf Druid :: Faeblight ::

Quote Originally Posted by FoxMaiden View Post
    If you are truly done with wow, why would it matter if you deleted your characters or not? It's your choice of course. But claiming you are done and leaving your characters would be more like a crack addict going through rehab and getting clean and leaving a rock under their bed "just in case" lol.

Unless of course you are planning on selling your account. Then it makes sense.

But deleting your characters is not dumb. Its a personal choice, since i have indeed no desire to return to the game.
    Even if you never plan to go back, why would you delete your characters after all the work and fun you had with them ?!? It's about as logic as destroying your toys once you know you'll never play with them again.

Thats a silly analogy. Your toys are with in arms reach, you can still see them and touch them. You don't have to pay 15$ to look at them. Data stored on a server serves no purpose but to take up space if its not being used ever again.

I guess I dont understand the big deal about wanting to keep your characters on a game youre never going to play again...

There is nothing wrong with deleting your characters from a game you will never play again and therefore have no use for. You can't see them anymore, other then perhaps the armory, so why keep them? On the other hand, there is no harm in keeping them either, unless you are one of those people that just can't get rid of them just in case you get back.

I still have all my wow characters, yet I haven't logged in to WoW for nearly 3 years now.
    Warrior Tank of:
    <Imperium> - IcewatchEU
    TotDQ [4/4], FT [4/4], EE [5/5]
    Hardmodes [Zaviel / Kain]

www.imperium.co

It's funny what people will consider dead nowadays. It's even funnier someone would quit WoW to play WoW Jr.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

+ Reply to Thread