+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A study about envy I just saw on History Channel

That's easy. I would choose B because I would start out $100,000 than $50,000! Who cares if someone is making more than I do. The trick is how you use the money and make that money work for you.

Is envy an emotion/concept that can be confused with greed?

I see envy as wanting what someone else has that you currently lack. I see greed as having the same as someone else but wanting more of it or the other person to not have it. However, I would like to see how many people settle for the same amount that their opponent has, rather than asking or desiring for more than their opponent.

For example, in scenario A, if you were unaware of scenario B, would you not be content with making more than all of your colleagues?

Therefore, in scenario B, if you were unaware of scenario A, would you settle for $200,000 like the rest of your colleagues, or would you want a higher salary, say $205,000? It may be only $5,000 but you are still making more than everyone else.

Right when I read each scenario I thought I would definitely choose Scenario B. I just think in certain situations every human would want to feel superior, in what kind of situation really depends on who you are but we all do it.
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2