+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Diablo III or II or I

Default Diablo III or II or I

I don't understand it , how can it be a MMO when its played like that? It just doesn't "feel" like a MMORPG

Since when is Diablo an MMORPG ? :O
    Last edited by Chomag; 06-14-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Since when is Diablo an MMORPG ? :O
    I thought it was.. isent it? x) The little game play trailer had multiple people playing together

Depends on what you see as the definition of an MMO. Some people would think that Diable 2's Battle.net having over 200,000 still log in at any given time would make it an MMO.

I don't care what it is defined as. If the game is good its good and the Diablo series thus far has been good.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerchferder View Post
    I don't understand it , how can it be a MMO when its played like that? It just doesn't "feel" like a MMORPG
    Diablo I and II were single player games with multiplayer modes. If you wanted, you could get on battle net and play on line. That only turned out well once for me; most of the time, my husband and I played on a home LAN.

I don't know about Diablo III; I used to look forward to it, but I'm too disgusted with Blizzard now to want to buy it.

Diablo is not an MMO. MMO stands for massivly multi-player Online. If you only have like 4-6 people in their own little world, it's just an MO. Multi-player online. But there isn't anything massive about it.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Gerchferder View Post
    I thought it was.. isent it? x) The little game play trailer had multiple people playing together
    Going by this logic, CoD, CS, Battlefield, quake are also MMO's

Ascendant

Nothing to do with MMO or even online gaming. Diablo 2 supported MP and it was indeed popular and still is as far I know when Diablo 2 was released most people used modems those expensive ones.

I dont know how D3 is shaping up but I sure hope they dont forget online gaming.
    Last edited by June; 06-16-2011 at 11:07 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyBop View Post
    Going by this logic, CoD, CS, Battlefield, quake are also MMO's
    They are.
    FPS MMOs but MMOs just the same.

Where the hell is Diablo III anyway?? Was it scapped?
    Just, comfortably numb....

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Nestran View Post
    They are.
    FPS MMOs but MMOs just the same.
    The first M in MMO stands for massive. While the term Massive might be up for debate These games you mention arnt Massive in any way.

If you can get past the horrid graphics in WW2OL the game play is very impressive and is the best true MMOFPS ive found.

And to sarasyn go check out Clickablo 3's main website. Most defiantly not been scrapped.
    Last edited by Dementer; 06-16-2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: I cant spell

Rich Aemry

Quote Originally Posted by Palvy View Post
    I'm too disgusted with Blizzard now to want to buy it.
    I'm in total agreement here. I won't give Blizzard or Activision a dime. I used to think EA using secure-rom was ridiculous, but Bl-Activison is even more of a joke.

I don't care for the feel of a Blizzard or Activision game, never have, but I usually bought them so I could play with every other human being I know IRL. Between Starcraft 2 lacking LAN, the newer Bl-Activision PC stuff costing 60 bucks, and the new COD game charging monthly fees since they are too high and mighty to just give us the server application. I'm done with that company for a while.

I want my PC games back, it's getting absurd that in the name of corporate greed gamers are getting shafted. They can scream piracy all they want but all of the absurdity doesn't make one iota of difference in the piracy figures. BTW the #1 selling game last year (COD Black Ops) was also the #1 pirated game of the year. With over a billion bucks on that title alone I have no sympathy for them at all.

Rich Aemry

An MMO requires:

A massive player base
    A persistent world
    A consolidated central server network.

Those are the biggies guys. Many more games meet the first requirement than the second one, and very few meet the third.

Read the wiki article if you're confused. It's not the best description, but it's pretty much accurate.

Those requirements rule out Diablo, Battlefield, and almost every other game so far mentioned in this thread.

+ Reply to Thread