+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: SW:TOR = Meh

Ascendant

Default SW:TOR = Meh

Go to massively and check out the hands on, multiple writers tried the game and the best you get is "same ole same ole"

Guess the haters are down to GW2 now. lol

Ascendant

ONly thing you need to know about it.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/44173/SWTO...lease-schedule

Yes, its January 2012, just like daddy told you dear kids, EA wanted Christmas 2011 but it was really behind the schedule, I expect March 2012. Hope you Star Wars nerds enjoy waiting.
    Last edited by June; 06-14-2011 at 06:48 AM.

Ascendant

I simply cant understand whats so ambitious about that, unless you're so dump you sink so much money into voice acting and story.
    Last edited by June; 06-14-2011 at 06:55 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    I simply cant understand whats so ambitious about that, unless you're so dump you sink so much money into voice acting and story.
    I enjoyed AoC for the first 10 levels, because it was fully voiced and full of story. Way better than reading quest boxes. I enjoyed it the first time through. The second time through I started skipping the dialog. On my third alt, I skipped all dialog and it turned into a basic MMO grind.

With swtor, I can see people being completely enthralled by it for about a month, if it is fully voiced. After that they'll realize it's just the same as every other MMO, and either stick with it because it's star wars, or move on to something else.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoli View Post
    I enjoyed AoC for the first 10 levels, because it was fully voiced and full of story. Way better than reading quest boxes. I enjoyed it the first time through. The second time through I started skipping the dialog. On my third alt, I skipped all dialog and it turned into a basic MMO grind.

With swtor, I can see people being completely enthralled by it for about a month, if it is fully voiced. After that they'll realize it's just the same as every other MMO, and either stick with it because it's star wars, or move on to something else.
    I enjoyed AoC's fatalities like 100 more than Tortage. Im really losing my mind why the **** they need to hype this piece of **** so long.
    Last edited by June; 06-14-2011 at 07:11 AM.

I can already see the Vent convos...

Newb1: it's my first time through guys, wait for me to listen to story.
    Rapidleveler1: are you kidding...hit Ctrl+s to skip that stuff so we can get moving.....

Then of course there is the whole ..convo tree....and it'll be...all right everybody...for max dark side, we need everyone to answer 1, 2, 2, 4 ......

Gimmicks is all this is, and it is going to be used to cover up the fact that Bioware has never made a MMO or a PVP game.
    In the dusts of hell Lurked the blackest of hates, For he who eats fear awaits you
    RIFT Mantra: Exploit Now and Exploit Often, You wont be punished!!

Ascendant

It doesnt work like that, basically you go to your own "individual instance" you're there alone, then you can let friends or people you trust to come too. Thats how it works, then go to social hubs if you want to meet other people. I think its almost like STO. Its you, your companions and your stupid space ship and **** load of boring Star Wars soup-opera story, kill or not to kill.
    Last edited by June; 06-14-2011 at 07:27 AM.

Shield of Telara

It doesnt work like that, basically you go to your own "individual instance" you're there alone, then you can let friends or people you trust to come too. Thats how it works, then go to social hubs if you want to meet other people. I think its almost like STO. Its you, your companions and your stupid space ship and **** load of boring Star Wars soup-opera story, kill or not to kill.
    The social hubs and instanced areas sounds just like GW.
    Last edited by Stevoli; 06-14-2011 at 07:35 AM.

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ziegler View Post
    Then of course there is the whole ..convo tree....and it'll be...all right everybody...for max dark side, we need everyone to answer 1, 2, 2, 4 ......

Gimmicks is all this is, and it is going to be used to cover up the fact that Bioware has never made a MMO or a PVP game.
    It's not quite like that. You answer however you want and get points individually. The game then randomly chooses the answer that will play out. If you mean to do that in order to unlock dark side opportunities later in a chain, then maybe. But your decisions also affect companion loyalty, so imo, I doubt if it will be considered fair group play to ask people to do that, even in a guild.

If that's true, then it's not an MMO at all. It's a MURPG. Just like GW and Diablo.

Ascendant

Social hubs are confirmed, invidual isntances isnt yet by devs but theres been some leakz just like EA wanted it for Christmas 2011. I think its more like this, like Meridian is one big social hub, there you can meet people, dress some casual clothes, join for PVP etc. Then you there you can space travel to one of those intances and start questing, yeah exactly like STO. Then theres lots of those stupid kill or not to kill, hate or no, love or no questions ala Bioware.
    Last edited by June; 06-14-2011 at 08:03 AM.

Ascendant

Those questions kill or no kill, hate or no, love or no, means they sink even more money into voice acting. I dont think thats so smart really is that really so big deal ffs.

Nevertheless I havent been impressive by this game at all.
    Last edited by June; 06-14-2011 at 08:10 AM.

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    If that's true, then it's not an MMO at all. It's a MURPG. Just like GW and Diablo.
    There is open world stuff too.

Ascendant

Open world is open world if theres even ONE player.

God yet again Im arguing with stupid Star Wars nerds. Cya.

Ascendant

Damn I just hate this edit, so when last guy leaves open world its closed world I think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast