+ Reply to Thread

Thread: World of Warcraft + mega blocks

Default World of Warcraft + mega blocks

http://www.cnbc.com/id/43376841
    "Our players regularly amaze us with their creativity, and we're confident that they'll enjoy building and collecting the Warcraft- and StarCraft-themed construction sets that we'll be bringing to market with MEGA next year." Since its debut in 1994, the #1-selling Warcraft series has won industry acclaim and shattered sales records. Set in the Warcraft universe, World of Warcraft is the world's most popular massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG), with millions of players from around the globe assuming the roles of heroic fantasy characters and exploring a virtual world full of mystery and endless adventure. Blizzard Entertainment's 1998 hit StarCraft has been hailed by critics worldwide as one of the top real-time strategy games of all time. Its 2010 sequel, StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, is the fastest selling real-time strategy game of all time and features unparalleled online competition through Blizzard's Battle.net(R) gaming network.
    I don't like WoW, but you have to give the people at blizz credit for advertising. I found it funny, thought others might get a laugh out of it. Not like bad laugh, it's kind of funny to think that they will be working on getting the next "tier" of subs this way. Think about it, if brand recognition is everything then they've given themselves a huge lead. Kids will play with these, and they will know the name "world of warcraft". It's pretty smart. Would be really funny if they tied in with McDonalds and started offering action figures in happy meals.

I'm amazed Blizzard hasn't made full use of the immense potential of things outside the game. If a ****ty cartoon like Ben 10 can have tons of toys and other things, why not the game with 12 mil customers ?!? I doubt 12 mil ppl even know what Ben10 is.
    Last edited by Chomag; 06-14-2011 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    I'm amazed Blizzard hasn't made full use of the immense potential of things outside the game. If a ****ty cartoon like Ben 10 can have tons of toys and other things, why not the game with 12 mil customers ?!? I doubt 12 mil ppl even know what Ben10 is.
    I liked ben10 for awhile. Me and my nephew used to watch it all of the time. He's more into other cartoons now that I just can't identify with (cartoon networks adventure time or some such, shows like that).

I know what you mean though. They do have "action figures', for example my gf has this one

http://www.dccomics.com/media/produc...328_a_full.jpg

Then there are the steins. For awhile though they had the Mountain Dew tie in of Game Fuel

http://www.mountaindewgamefuel.com/

Which I wish they would bring back. I don't play wow, but that was a pretty cool looking bottle. Even had ingame Game Fuel you could get for a pet and stuff.

Not sure where the movie stands, but if it does go through, and it's a big hit they will no doubt begin the big campaigns. If blizzard has taught the world anything it's that you can NEVER underestimate the power of advertisement.

Ascendant

You go Blizz, embrace your kiddie-land image! lol

And this is why i left wow ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Gerchferder View Post
    And this is why i left wow ;)
    No, you left wow because you were bored, not because of this. At least be honest :P

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    No, you left wow because you were bored, not because of this. At least be honest :P
    Well true that , but still this is funny :P

If I had kids I would be buying them these megablocks for the purpose of playing with them myself. Without having kids though I just look weird going into Toys R Us to buy these.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Riftspike View Post
    He's more into other cartoons now that I just can't identify with (cartoon networks adventure time or some such, shows like that).
    Dude... Adventure Time kicks buns.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Checked the article to see if there was some info on Mega blocks which I'm not familiar with - and discovered Man Cans! Candles for blokes in bacon, new mitt, and campfire flavours. lmao!!
    My shiny carapace is cracked. I should have never left the sea. Krugon.

What, they couldn't get LEGO to do it so they went for the knockoff? :P

But it's good that blizz openly goes for the younger audience now. I mean.. let's be honest here... The game doesn't present a lot of challenge for someone over age 10 unless you're a hardcore raider
    Last edited by Rakanishu; 06-16-2011 at 11:21 PM.
    As it stands now, our characters are more replaceable than our gear...
    My character is not a coat hanger!

Quote Originally Posted by Razo View Post
    If I had kids I would be buying them these megablocks for the purpose of playing with them myself. Without having kids though I just look weird going into Toys R Us to buy these.
    Not really. No one knows you don't have kids.

ALC

I wish they were legos.

"All the info's there, except the info that isn't there." ~Onett Librarian

Heh. Really, Blizz? Mega-Blocks?

LEGOs is where it's at.

Amateurs.

+ Reply to Thread