+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Trion and SyFy working on another MMO

Default Trion and SyFy working on another MMO

For some of you that don't know this...

Play Trion's MMO Defiance and change the script of its Syfy show
    http://dvice.com/archives/2011/06/playing-this-vi.php

Now imo I am happy with Trion so far, but partners with SyFy... ack!!!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by MrLee View Post
    For some of you that don't know this...

Play Trion's MMO Defiance and change the script of its Syfy show
    http://dvice.com/archives/2011/06/playing-this-vi.php

Now imo I am happy with Trion so far, but partners with SyFy... ack!!!
    Yes its Scifi (Or Syfy, what a bunch of..well I can't say without violating forum language rules, but its not nice) but did you see who is doing the show? The guy heading up the TV side of things is none other than Farscape creator Rocke O'Bannon. So I'm expecting it to be pretty awesome.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 06-11-2011 at 10:52 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Rift Chaser

Maybe they need to concentrate on There current game Rift .. seems strange a company working on a new MMO just months after releasing a MMO , if this was a regular business & you were a stockholder you would have to think there given up on the original business .. Maybe Rift was released to pay for the real MMO , you would have to asume Rift has Made 40-50 Million dollars in sales that has to be alot more than the budget of Rift so were all the money going - To Defiance ?

Quote Originally Posted by lukain View Post
    Maybe they need to concentrate on There current game Rift .. seems strange a company working on a new MMO just months after releasing a MMO , if this was a regular business & you were a stockholder you would have to think there given up on the original business .. Maybe Rift was released to pay for the real MMO , you would have to asume Rift has Made 40-50 Million dollars in sales that has to be alot more than the budget of Rift so were all the money going - To Defiance ?
    /facepalm...

Apparently, companies are not allowed to work on multiple projects at a time.
    Last edited by ArkSanju; 06-11-2011 at 11:01 PM.

Deepstrike - PvP
    Cleric - Sanjusa "Juicy"
    5/5 GSB, 4/4 RoS, 4/4 GP

Quote Originally Posted by ArkSanju View Post
    /facepalm...

All gaming companies have only one employee who is capable of coding, and as such, if there are multiple projects, no time is spent on anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

/facepalm...

maybe we need to direct you to WAR and Mythic and SWTOR....

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    Yes its Scifi (Or Syfy, what a bunch of..well I can't say without violating forum language rules, but its not nice) but did you see who is doing the show? The guy heading up the TV side of things is none other than Farscape creator Rocke O'Bannon. So I'm expecting it to be pretty awesome.
    Sorry but is called the SyFy channel not scifi. They chanced the name some time ago.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeisdeath View Post
    maybe we need to direct you to WAR and Mythic and SWTOR....
    Mythic ceased to exist. And WAR is on life support, no updates are coming out.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Romiz View Post
    Sorry but is called the SyFy channel not scifi. They chanced the name some time ago.
    /facepalm. I mean do people not read a whole post anymore? Seriously!
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Rift Disciple

/facepalm...

He does have a point.

Not only Rift & Defiance, but they're also working on End of Nations, an MMORTS.

for a fledgling MMO company, they are spreading themselves very very thin.
    CPU: Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.85GHz GFx: 2x Radeon HD5770 1GB CrossfireX @ 880/1370RAM: 8GB Ripjaw 1600MHz DDR3 RAM Mobo: Asus Crosshair IV formula mobo

Quote Originally Posted by C0unt View Post
    /point.....

Rift Disciple

Oh god, does this mean we're going to start getting people going "I heard all the good devs moved to the new product and dont care about Rift anymore!" every time something happens people dont agree with?

Quote Originally Posted by C0unt View Post
    EA killed Mythic. Mythic was fine before EA took over and started playing stupid with funding and personell.

Quote Originally Posted by Greaterix View Post
    He does have a point.

Not only Rift & Defiance, but they're also working on End of Nations, an MMORTS.

for a fledgling MMO company, they are spreading themselves very very thin.
    As soon as you can come and show us a full breakdown of the companies staff and resources to be able to devote to their work then you might have a valid point.

Tha age of a company is really irrelivant. If they have the resources and backing they could produce 100s of games......but they are doing three, yes three.

Now to me it is up to the company themselves to manage their workforce, not us. They seem to have dedicated teams allocated to the three projects. So, give us evidence as to why they are going to make each projecgt suffer from having things this way then people would listen to you, otherwise, well, nice unsubstanciated opinion you have there.

Soulwalker

if they'll let us change the script, will they also let us change it back to "SciFi" like it's supposed to be? Honestly, does anyone truly think 'syfy' looks better?

It looks too cartoonish to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast